News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofmonkeys

I'm enjoying myself a lot though writing for plumber is somewhat depressing at times I think it's a ton of fun  ;D

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

That's all good then. In that case, take my worry as a compliment; your acting is convincing enough that it's making me nervous IRL ;)

kingofmonkeys

not to mention hazy read my character quite well... Plumber is pretty much nothing but guilt and depression, now he really needs a friend :P

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Basically, I didn't want the hassle of coming up with prices for everything, so I'm giving you unlimited funds on the condition that you don't go overboard and can justify whatever you want to buy. Restocking on bandages and buying new weapons is fine, but trying to buy a million crossbow bolts or Princess Celestia's personal enchanted warhammer Sunbringer is not.

I could give you a set amount of money and price everything, but I don't want shopping to clog up this RP.

Waaaghpower

I assume there is a legal drinking age? If not I will edit.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

How old, in human terms, is Thunder? I sort of assumed you were all adults, so I never even considered the legal drinking age.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on August 21, 2013, 07:33:09 PM
How old, in human terms, is Thunder? I sort of assumed you were all adults, so I never even considered the legal drinking age.
Approximately 18, give or take. I think I said 17 as a joke when the whole 'Sexual assault of a minor' bit came up, so I guess 17.

HectorSmash

For the record, I'm not going to bring myself back to the group - I'll leave that to Mabbzdark/Hazy.

Just in case you guys cared about me which I'm pretty sure you don't at least not at this particular moment but maybe in general so yeah there we go

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on August 21, 2013, 08:05:25 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on August 21, 2013, 07:33:09 PM
Approximately 18, give or take. I think I said 17 as a joke when the whole 'Sexual assault of a minor' bit came up, so I guess 17.
Ok. Well, I'm going to arbitrarily decide that the drinking age isn't strictly enforced in Equestria. As a rule, a young pony can drink if their parents let them, almost regardless of age. Taverns won't serve ponies under 18 usually, but it's mostly because they don't want angry parents yelling at them so they have no problem with adults buying drinks for younger ponies. To be honest, at 17 Thunder would probably get served unless she looks particularly young or troublesome.

Quote from: HectorSmash on August 21, 2013, 09:32:13 PM
For the record, I'm not going to bring myself back to the group - I'll leave that to Mabbzdark/Hazy.

Just in case you guys cared about me which I'm pretty sure you don't at least not at this particular moment but maybe in general so yeah there we go
That was basically what I had planned anyway. Unfortunately there may be a slight delay on the next update, as I have referred uni coursework due in on Friday that I need to get done. I promise the update by Saturday evening at the latest.

Waaaghpower

Well she doesn't look particularly young, (How do you tell, anyways?) Though she's clearly not above 18, so Iit's good there's like, what, 6 ponies to pass as her parents?
Troublesome, however... That'll depend on how rowdy she's feeling after the cave diving.

Mabbz

A hot meal? Wish granted. I also figured this might be a good way for us to get to know all the characters a bit better. If you want to, you can take this opportunity to have random conversations, talk about yourselves or discuss the latest hoofball season. If you can't think of anything to say, you could always just give us a snapshot of your character's thoughts and mention what food they've ordered.

Alternatively if you want me to just get on with the story and send you into the mines already, say so here. I'll go with the majority, since I hadn't planned on doing this anyway.

HectorSmash

Mabbz

Well, that was a longer post than I was expecting. Interesting read too. Also, I'm quite surprised at how an MLP adventure somehow came to include so much sexual content. I think there's actually more here than in any of the other RPs on this site :P. I'm not sure if I should be amused or horrified.

Probably gonna go with amused. It's a fuzzier feeling.

HectorSmash

Don't pretend you don't like it. :P

In all seriousness though, no reason to leave out anything that might serve as an interesting characterization point. I like my characters like I like my pools: deep and mostly transparent. Some things should remain obscured for the sake of (again) characterization or plot, but for the most part you want to keep everyone in the loop. It's like reading a story told by 6 or 7 different people.

Mabbz

Oh, in all seriousness, I'm loving it ;). Deep characters and genuine roleplay are way more interesting than just a group of people going spelunking for the sake of treasure. Besides, I've read pony fanfics with way more sexual content than this, some of which are amongst my favourite stories ever (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/28239/the-life-and-times-of-a-winning-pony).