News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorSmash

Brass is shit-tier pleb metal. Copper + zinc does not a strong alloy make. Heavy as fuck though lol

Bronze is generally good on account of copper being malleable and tin being brittle. The alloy of the two makes a very sturdy metal that's fairly durable and malleable. It's also bluish like batponies' armor. Celestia's guards are probably wearing something closer to a gold alloy, like some kind of weird gold-steel alloy.

EDIT: Curiously, Tumbaga looks like a pretty good match, and might be a good metal for armor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumbaga

Mabbz

I'm tempted to say all guard armour (day and night) is made of steel that's been dyed or in some way. It'd probably be simpler.

In fact, yeah I will do that. Suffice it to say that I don't know much about metals and won't research them for a minor plot point, so if I give a metal that doesn't make sense in context, then I'm probably just trying to say it's a metal of a certain colour :P.

HectorSmash

HectorSmash

Quote from: Mabbz on October 16, 2013, 07:46:23 PM
Backlash was able to land without too much difficulty, and his presence kept the dogs from becoming unruly.

Walrus Man

Sorry guys, very limited internets currently, will try and post soon!
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Mabbz

Sorry I haven't updated this for a while, I have a uni deadline for this friday. I will try to post soon (tomorrow possibly).

Mabbz

Told you I'd update today. Now then, you could try storming in and killing everyone, but if you do then you will lose. Also, you should probably get Anna before you try anything.

On an unrelated note, Minrat, you should probably read this. You might find it useful, fun and/or informative ;).

HectorSmash

Waaaghpower

Alright let's do this.
LEEEEEEEEROY!!!!!
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIINS!!!!!!!!
Seriously though. I'll probably post sometime tomorrow. And I still haven't decided whether or not a bum rush would work. ;)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Waaaghpower

As long as we don't literally charge in headfirst this doesn't seem difficult. Pale drunkifies them all, (or gives them hangovers or whatever,) and Patent can crossbow one in the head... Armor or no, three drunk ponies against six doesn't seem too hard. Could we also use the diamond dogs as body shields?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

I'm generally going to leave the planning to you lot, but I will say this much; the diamond dogs will not take kindly to the idea being body shields, and will fight against it.

HectorSmash

If we could get someone other than just me and Thunder to give some input that'd be great.

Mabbz

Ah, university coursework. I miss the good old days when I could just ignore it all and throw monsters at ponies without real life distractions.

Wait. I've got my priorities wrong here. Ponies are more important. Sorry, I don't know what came over me ;D

So, do we have a consensus? I get the impression that you all want to get some explosives, and I'll go with that if no-one has any other suggestions. That said, I'd like to know how you intend to get these explosives, since they aren't something people regularly buy at market. I'm also going to point out that the cave you want to blow up is directly under a street in Canterlot, so be aware of the potential consequences.

On a lighter note, here is a bit more information on guard armour (of both the day and night guard variants):

• High quality, if somewhat heavy
  • Enchanted to make the wearers coat appear grey, and also lightens or darkens it somewhat for the Day and Night guard respectively. Wearing the armour let's you see through basic enchantments, so you can't use this to sneak in. Sorry.
  • Frequently has other enchantments to make it lighter or tougher. Those enchantments tend to balance each other, with the toughness enchant adding weight and vice versa.
  • Higher ranking guards sometimes have other enchantments, such as night vision, magical defence and more. Odds are if it's appeared in an Elder Scrolls game it can be on guard armour :P. Again, enchantments tend to react badly with each other.
  • Backlash could probably requisition some basic night guard armour for herself, but

HectorSmash

Quote from: Mabbz on November 01, 2013, 04:11:19 PM
  • Backlash could probably requisition some basic night guard armour for herself, but

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

Edit: On a serious note, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who wanted/thought it would be anywhere close to a good idea to use explosives. Bring the whole damn cave down on us... But, hey, if everyone else is okay with #yoloswag being our strategy, I'm all for it.

Mabbz

Quote from: HectorSmash on November 01, 2013, 05:01:10 PM
On a serious note, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who wanted/thought it would be anywhere close to a good idea to use explosives. Bring the whole damn cave down on us... But, hey, if everyone else is okay with #yoloswag being our strategy, I'm all for it.
Quote from: Walrus Man on October 29, 2013, 09:22:47 AM
"That feels too risky" Pale shook his head, "but I don't see any real alternatives unless you do happen to have a load of explosives stashed around here? I can incapacitate one of the unicorns with a drunkenness spell - both of them if I'm very lucky and they don't see me coming. That should have the added effect of distracting the other guards so we can catch them unawares."
Quote from: Waaaghpower on October 29, 2013, 09:21:20 PM
"You're splattered with the blood of the two diamond dogs you just beat up. What do you mean, 'Not the fighting type?" Thunder asked, bemused. "Still, maybe we should head back to town to stock up on dynamite and get Rosie the... Something... er? I didn't think that pun through."
I admit, they were more sarcasm than actual agreement, but they aren't bad. It may just be wishful thinking, since everything can be improved with explosives. That is to say, I'll enjoy watching. Your characters might not ;)

Quote from: HectorSmash on November 01, 2013, 05:01:10 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on November 01, 2013, 04:11:19 PM

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME
I was in a hurry when I posted that. Let's try again: Backlash could probably requisition some basic night guard armour for herself, but it wouldn't give any major advantage over her usual attire.