News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Well, depending on the chemistry of Equestria, fertilizer can function as a powerful explosive. Or we can go it the old fashioned way and hit up every retailer in town, one at a time, at marked intervals throughout the day, to all buy a little bit at once. After all, if we each only get sold a little bit but there are five of us, and, say, five places that sell whatever explosive we want, that's 25 little pieces. Possibly more since, considering in-world physics, paper-thin disguises tend to work, and we could hit up the same places two or three times.
Barring that, I could go all ninja and steal everything. Those are my ideas.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

HectorSmash

I was gonna go with 'retrieve explosives from hammerspace,' but Waaagh's idea sounds a lot more plausible.

Jokes aside, would the Royal Guard keep a stock of explosives around that Lash could 'borrow' from? Obviously she'd have to 'borrow' them, because if they were requisitioned, somepony might catch on.

Walrus Man

Are there an active mines in the area that would be active? We could swipe a sizeable amount from there and no one would be any wiser.
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on November 23, 2013, 05:35:03 AM
Well, depending on the chemistry of Equestria, fertilizer can function as a powerful explosive. Or we can go it the old fashioned way and hit up every retailer in town, one at a time, at marked intervals throughout the day, to all buy a little bit at once. After all, if we each only get sold a little bit but there are five of us, and, say, five places that sell whatever explosive we want, that's 25 little pieces. Possibly more since, considering in-world physics, paper-thin disguises tend to work, and we could hit up the same places two or three times.
Barring that, I could go all ninja and steal everything. Those are my ideas.
Real world chemistry applies unless otherwise stated, but I really doubt any of your characters would know about fertiliser bombs. The other idea would probably work though. You'd most likely be buying fireworks, and Equestria has complicated rules that would prevent individuals buying lots in one go. Five ponies buying separately from as many shops as they could find would probably go unnoticed, at least for a few weeks.

The disguise thing would of course require some luck.

Quote from: HectorSmash on November 23, 2013, 07:57:12 AM
I was gonna go with 'retrieve explosives from hammerspace,' but Waaagh's idea sounds a lot more plausible.

Jokes aside, would the Royal Guard keep a stock of explosives around that Lash could 'borrow' from? Obviously she'd have to 'borrow' them, because if they were requisitioned, somepony might catch on.
So... your idea to get the explosives you need in order to get past some heavily armoured guards is to steal them from some other heavily armoured guards?

Quote from: Walrus Man on November 23, 2013, 10:40:35 AM
Are there an active mines in the area that would be active? We could swipe a sizeable amount from there and no one would be any wiser.
The only mines around Canterlot are the crystal mines you were just in. Some parts are still active, but they don't use explosives since they're under a major city.

HectorSmash

Quote from: Mabbz on November 23, 2013, 01:40:09 PMSo... your idea to get the explosives you need in order to get past some heavily armoured guards is to steal them from some other heavily armoured guards?

...fuck.  :facepalm001:

As an aside, there was a moment in the S4 premiere that made me squee with self-important excitement (SPOILER I guess if you haven't seen it):
Spoiler
When the moon eclipsed the sun in Twilight's little trip to the past, Luna was shrouded in orange and black and transformed into Nightmare Moon for revenge against Celestia. I know the writers are almost surely both unaware and uncaring of Lashy's existence, but I still felt a nice little twinge of familiarity.

Have you guys seen the premiere yet?

Mabbz

Of course I have. To save time, I'll just quote the post I made in the Enclave.

Quote from: Mabbz on November 23, 2013, 06:15:47 PM
Well, I guess it's that time again. I've just finished watching a low quality version of the premiere here. Good episode I thought. Now on to the spoilers:

Spoiler
I only found out about this by reading the comments, but pause the theme music on Fluttershy's bit. Discord is in her cottage.

The dark magic from Sombra's episode is... Alicorn magic? Intriguing.

Celestia and Luna's big fight flashback was pretty damn epic. Tree of Harmony aside, this episode fairly accurately agrees with my headcanon on that fight.

Sadly though, the episode also pretty thoroughly destroys my idea on the origins of Celestia, Luna and the Elements. Ah well, I can adapt it.

Final point. About 14 minutes in Spike is complaining about Twilight's flying skills, leading to her saying exasperatedly "Ok, I get it. I need to work on my flying". I had to laugh at that incredibly subtle jab at the number of bronies that complained about Twilight flying at the end of S3. I refuse to believe it wasn't deliberate.

Waaaghpower

I didn't bother reading what the spoiler was for and opened it.
Fffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuu........
I. Will. Stab. Everything.

HectorSmash

Like Radiohead said, "You do it to yourself, you do, and that's what really hurts..."

Anyway, MORE S4 SPOILAHS:

Spoiler
I think when Zecora said 'alicorn magic,' she really meant 'dark magic,' and was just saying 'alicorn magic' to spare Twilight and her friends some stress. It kinda makes sense that a zebra would know of ancient or occult magics like that, anyway.

Waaaghpower

I finally caught up! No spoiler worries!
The battle during the flashback was awesome.

Mabbz

Yeah, the flashback battle was the best part of the episode if you ask me. It was pretty much exactly how I pictured it.

Waaaghpower

I'm catching up on my fanfic, apparently. Who's seen the Button Mash mini episode?

Mabbz

For the time being, it's safe to assume that I've seen everything popular enough to show up on EQG, as well as a very large number of fanfics  ;). So yes, I have seen the Button Mash thing.

HectorSmash

Waaaghpower

SOMEPONY POST!
In about an hour or less I'll have something fun up.