News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Quote from: kingofmonkeys on December 20, 2013, 10:49:39 PM
Mabbz.. Is hazy female or are you mixing up your gender pronouns again? also is there like a sewer system.. even a rudimentary one like old london or anything?
Hazy is male. You saw nothing.  :facepalm001:

As for the sewer, work has begun on building a sewer system using the mines, but they're doing the rich parts of town and the not-quite-finished palace first and haven't reached your part of town yet.

Narric

Right, I've read the entire RP, now to just make a character sheet and I'll be in this ;)

Character Profile:
Spoiler
Name: "Cynder"
A nickname he has earned, but not is real name.
Race: Unicorn
Stats:
S - 10
E - 10
A - 5
M - 10
I - 10
Cutie Mark: Fireball
Representing the ability to control a large number of tasks and powers related to Fire and Heat.
Picture reference

Equipment:
Basic travel supplies, pure black lightweight full body cloak, small emergency dagger

Mabbz feel free to correct anything I've overstepped with this.

Mabbz

Everything looks good for your character sheet. Here's a recap on how stat checks work for you:

Roll two d20s. The first is a simple pass/fail based on your stat. Rolling equal to or lower than your stat is a pass, higher is a fail. The second is how well it went for you, with low numbers meaning that the action went badly, while higher numbers indicate things going well.

In the case of Cynder checking for danger, you passed the test so you noticed something was wrong. Unfortunately, the three you rolled means that it doesn't do you a blind bit of good. In this instance, it might mean that you noticed something was wrong a moment too late to stop Thunder bashing you in the face. How you interpret the roll is really up to you. I'll only step in if I think you've done something wrong.

Narric

Walrus Man

Shoot, I've lost my place. Am I still mooching around the alley, or did you have me come in to check the rest of the rooms with the others?
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Waaaghpower

I don't need to roll to hit an unsuspecting pony whom I knew was going to be there, do I?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Quote from: Walrus Man on December 22, 2013, 01:37:59 AM
Shoot, I've lost my place. Am I still mooching around the alley, or did you have me come in to check the rest of the rooms with the others?
I had you come back inside with the others.

Quote from: Waaaghpower on December 22, 2013, 01:48:29 AM
I don't need to roll to hit an unsuspecting pony whom I knew was going to be there, do I?
Yes you would, but I'll do it. This is technically combat, which is a bit more complicated than a standard skill check.

Mabbz

Heh, there were some terrible rolls when I wrote that. If that had been a real fight, Thunder's rolls probably would have resulted in the first death of the story. I decided that killing a PC in a new player's first scene might be a little harsh though.

Narric

Yes, can we please refrain from killing me for just walking through a door? :P

Am I the only one using Invisible Castle for my rolls? and is it down for anyone else?

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on December 22, 2013, 06:56:52 PM
Yes, can we please refrain from killing me for just walking through a door? :P
Actually you rolled ok. If it weren't for a bit of roll fixing on my part, Thunder would have been reduced... to a cinder :) ---> 8)

I forgot to mention, you're only KO'd for a few seconds/minutes. You can post yourself waking at any time.

Quote from: Narric on December 22, 2013, 06:56:52 PM
Am I the only one using Invisible Castle for my rolls? and is it down for anyone else?
I use it, and yes it is down. I had to do that little 'fight' using real dice instead *shudders*.

Narric

I'll wait a post or two more, for less "Knocked out and got straight back up when convenient" problems :P I always hated that about text only RPs with lacklustre players ¬_¬ :P

HectorSmash

I see nothing wrong with rolling a CON check every microsecond to see if you regain consciousness. :P

Mabbz

As you may imagine, Christmas could easily have an effect on updates. I want you to know that this is because my mother's priorities are messed up, not mine. Also, I'm at my grandparent's home and they don't have wifi.

Narric

HectorSmash