News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

So then, the consensus appears to be leave the mine alone for now and raid Fog Dancer's house (likely the place they took Anna to), using Cynder's plan. I'll do my best to get a post up tomorrow. I have one question though. When? It's a little while after dark now, and most of you are tired from a long day down the mines and the occasional concussion. You could do it tonight while it's dark, you could do it tomorrow after a good night's rest or you could wait until tomorrow night, which would leave you time to prepare during the day.

Oh, feel free to give your opinions here if you can't think of a good way to RP it. I'd rather see opinions here than not see them at all.

Narric

My opinion is leave it a night, and attack just after dark next day :P We can see about trying to pry Patents Crossbow, but as only he was "Trained" in how to use it, it may be more of a liability for the Earth Ponies.

HectorSmash

LET'S GO SPRING THE PC FROM JAIL! SIDE QUEST! HURRAH! :derp:

Seriously though, I agree with Narric. Get some rest for now and let tomorrow bring more violence.

Mabbz

Sounds reasonable, if no one else objects I'll write it up as an evening raid.

As for the crossbow, Patent had it on him when he was arrested. Since you haven't currently got any plans for tomorrow, you could try and get him out of jail tomorrow. I will remind you that the thieves have spies in the guard though, so maybe the arrest was more than it seems...

Or it might just be a coincidence. Considering I've been making a lot of stuff up as I go along, it could even be both, or neither. I'm like Schrodinger's GM or something :P

HectorSmash

We had another, totally separate group that was actually called Schrodinger's RP. Can't remember why, though. Probably something to do with time locking.

Mabbz

You know how I said I'd get you an update today? A combination of distractions and writer's block means it will probably not be until tomorrow. I opened MS Word to write it about 5 hours ago, and I have written exactly three lines. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, you mentioned looking into getting Pale's crossbow. I assume your character's would feel obliged to try and get him as well? Also, were you thinking of busting him out (and stealing the crossbow), or something more official like paying his bail or using Backlash or Hazy's status as a guard to get him released/requisition the crossbow?

HectorSmash

HEY GUYS I'VE BEEN UP FOR TWENTY HOURS

I ain't gon' do shit for Patent, he was an asshole to me. Fuck him let's just go and do the other thing

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on January 10, 2014, 11:03:33 PM
You know how I said I'd get you an update today? A combination of distractions and writer's block means it will probably not be until tomorrow. I opened MS Word to write it about 5 hours ago, and I have written exactly three lines. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, you mentioned looking into getting Pale's crossbow. I assume your character's would feel obliged to try and get him as well? Also, were you thinking of busting him out (and stealing the crossbow), or something more official like paying his bail or using Backlash or Hazy's status as a guard to get him released/requisition the crossbow?
When I asked about it, I was model hoping he had just left it. Screw that racist ass.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

My apologies for how long that took. I have no excuse, I was simply procrastinating. If it makes you feel any better though, I didn't do my uni coursework either.

Anyways, three rounds rapid! Backlash and Thunder should send them as well, even if they stick to the plan and wait for the enemy to flee. You can tell me what you want to do to the cowards.

kingofmonkeys

I'm back and since I appear to be in a combat situation I have sent 3 rounds. I am so very sorry for disappearing on you guys. I will post more now because I'm getting my bookmarks managed and this will be on my hotbar. Again appologies

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Quote from: kingofmonkeys on January 15, 2014, 05:18:08 AM
I'm back and since I appear to be in a combat situation I have sent 3 rounds. I am so very sorry for disappearing on you guys. I will post more now because I'm getting my bookmarks managed and this will be on my hotbar. Again appologies
I didn't even notice you were gone. I've been a bit slow on the updates so I doubt you've missed much.

I have everyone's actions, I'll try and post the fight up soon.

Mabbz

Fight's up. Most of you have been rolling rather well. I'll need another three rounds rapid from everyone.

Also, remember talking is a free action (within reason) and thought definitely is too. I haven't really posted what everypony is thinking through the fight. That's your job.

HectorSmash

Poor Cynder.

Just occurred to me: I'm not really used to having to fight other ponies, only enough to escape or hinder them while I run away. Plus all I have is a bladed weapon, so... I'm gonna be showing some restraint when it comes to attacking downed or otherwise harmed enemies. I mean, I don't wanna kill them, necessarily, but yeah.

Probably should have considered that ahead of time. Next thing on my shopping list is a nice hefty truncheon.

Narric

Mabbz

Quote from: HectorSmash on January 17, 2014, 02:58:58 PM
Poor Cynder.

Just occurred to me: I'm not really used to having to fight other ponies, only enough to escape or hinder them while I run away. Plus all I have is a bladed weapon, so... I'm gonna be showing some restraint when it comes to attacking downed or otherwise harmed enemies. I mean, I don't wanna kill them, necessarily, but yeah.

Probably should have considered that ahead of time. Next thing on my shopping list is a nice hefty truncheon.
I'll bear that in mind for the future. You haven't inflicted a serious injury yet, so don't worry too much.

Quote from: Narric on January 17, 2014, 05:04:02 PM
Invisible Castle dislikes me :P
Yeah, I didn't use the rolls you sent me with the actions. Unfortunately, the first thing I do in any fight is roll for initiative by rolling a D20 and adding your Agility stat (sometimes with modifiers for having surprise on your side and the like). Cynder has the lowest Agility stat of any of the combatants, and then he rolled a 1. I basically decided that meant he never reached the fight.

Thunder did well though. She has the highest Agility, and rolled a 20. If she'd rolled a little better on the actual attack I would have had her tackle one of your enemies straight past everyone else and out the front door.