News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Fight's up. That was eventful. Just a point I should make now: with the exception of Backlash and possibly Cynder, all your character's are civillians. You've likely never seen a dead pony outside of a funeral, and almost certainly never been involved in a fight like this. If you are unaffected by this, you're probably a psychopath.

Incidentally, the fight is effectively over. Juggernaught is still struggling, by Pale has him pretty firmly under control. You'll need a Strength test to knock him out, or you could try to talk him into surrendering.

Narric

I'll take that Str test. Am I rolling under my own, or over his?

Mabbz

Under your own. Bear in mind that a bad roll could give him a chance to harm you.

Narric

Mabbz

No that was fine. In future though, all stat checks are made by rolling two d20s. The first is a simple pass/fail where you need to roll under the relevant stat, while the second determines how well it went for you. In practice:

Passing the check and rolling high on the second dice means you do what you inteded with good results (potentially too good with a 20, such as Sunbeam and Guiding Light's deaths). Rolling around 7-12 means you did what you wanted; not spectacularly but it worked well enough. Rolling low means you did what you wanted but it had unintended consequences that may not benefit you.

Failing the check and rolling high on the second dice means you didn't do what you inteded, but it worked out for you anyway. Rolling around 9-14 means you failed, but not too badly. Rolling low means an epic fail.

Both dice rolls can be subject to modifiers if I deem it necessary.

You don't have to re-roll though. It's not that important on this occasion.

Narric

HectorSmash

Tss, great. Lovely. Goddamnit.

On the bright side, Thunder's alive.

Waaaghpower

Wait, I straight-up murdered a dude?
Crap.
And my shoulder is torched?
Double crap.
My good dice had to come to an end eventually...
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on January 31, 2014, 11:10:02 PM
Fight's up. That was eventful. Just a point I should make now: with the exception of Backlash and possibly Cynder, all your character's are civillians. You've likely never seen a dead pony outside of a funeral, and almost certainly never been involved in a fight like this. If you are unaffected by this, you're probably a psychopath.
I'm going to play off pain and denial as long as I can to avoid mental trauma... It might not be good for her (already damaged) psyche to discover that she murdered somepony and helped murder somepony else.

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 02, 2014, 04:03:53 AM
Crap.
Double crap.
Technically, killing Guiding Light was the result of perfect dice rolling for Thunder, and horrible rolls on her part. The same goes for Baklash killing Sunbeam. I believe the phrase is "Gone Horribly Right". For an RP based on My Little Pony, this is starting to get worryingly dark.

EDIT: has Thunder noticed that her attacker is now dead, or does she think the unicorn is unconscious? Also, I thought I'd give Backlash someone to talk to, and an option for dealing with the other body.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on February 02, 2014, 08:39:29 AM
Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 02, 2014, 04:03:53 AM
Crap.
Double crap.
Technically, killing Guiding Light was the result of perfect dice rolling for Thunder, and horrible rolls on her part. The same goes for Baklash killing Sunbeam. I believe the phrase is "Gone Horribly Right". For an RP based on My Little Pony, this is starting to get worryingly dark.

EDIT: has Thunder noticed that her attacker is now dead, or does she think the unicorn is unconscious? Also, I thought I'd give Backlash someone to talk to, and an option for dealing with the other body.
She assumes unconciousness, though she hasn't thought about it very much seeing as she's a teensy weensy bit distracted by blinding pain in her shoulder.

Mabbz

Ok, that's what I thought. Which means it's basically up to Backlash what to do next.

Waaaghpower

Unfortunately, Thunder is going to be out of action for a few minutes, maybe longer.  Should I calculate it, or just wait until it fits the plot?

CoffeeGrunt

Is this still open for joining? It's been a while since I last wrote Pony, Season Four has made me want to get back into it.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on February 03, 2014, 06:00:30 PM
Is this still open for joining? It's been a while since I last wrote Pony, Season Four has made me want to get back into it.
I'm 90% sure, seeing as we lost a couple memners recently and haven't fully restocked. :)
Of course, You'll need Mabbz's official permission.