News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeGrunt

What sort of setting/scenario is it, and can I ship OctaScratch in it somehow? :P
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on February 03, 2014, 06:48:23 PM
What sort of setting/scenario is it, and can I ship OctaScratch in it somehow? :P
No time travel, sorry. ;)
It's set way in the past, some time between Discord's reign and Luna's betrayal. The Elements of Harmony have gone missing, and we're a very 'special' team arranged to find and retrieve them.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 03, 2014, 04:52:07 PM
Unfortunately, Thunder is going to be out of action for a few minutes, maybe longer.  Should I calculate it, or just wait until it fits the plot?
I'm going to say go with the plot. Currently Thunder's injury is very painful and has left her feeling weak. Let's say a few minutes rest will get her able to move (painfully, with assistance), but she'll need at least a good night's sleep and a decent meal before she can walk on her own and even then it'll be with difficulty. Of course, healing magic exists which could speed things up, assuming you can get some.

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on February 03, 2014, 06:00:30 PM
Is this still open for joining? It's been a while since I last wrote Pony, Season Four has made me want to get back into it.
In theory yes, you can join. That said, the story revolves around a top secret mission with confirmed traitors in the royal guard. Joining at this stage could prove awkward since the main characters don't know who to trust, so why should they trust you? I can get around that if your character is a member of the guard, but if you don't want to be a guard then you'll probably have to wait a while unless you can come up with a plausible way to convince the others to trust you.

Either way, I'd rather talk about it by PM rather than here, to make the others paranoid :shifty: in case I have to disallow something due to hidden aspects of the plot.

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on February 03, 2014, 06:48:23 PM
As much as I approve of OctaScratch (mind you, I approve of pretty much every ship I've come across), this setting is nine years after Celestia and Luna first imprisoned Discord in stone, but before Sombra and Nightmare Moon were defeated. I'm afraid it'll be another thousand years before they are born. As for a summary, it goes like this:

The Elements of Harmony have been stolen from their secure vault in Everfree City (I decided the old palace would have a city around it). Because some members of the royal guard were involved in the theft, a bunch of civillians have been hired to retrieve them, with the help of a few guards that were definitely not involved. The thieves have been tracked to Canterlot, and our intrepid heroes are hunting them down and beating them up (very thoroughly. Two of the thieves just got killed in the last fight), while trying to figure out exactly where the elements are and who ordered the theft (well, technically they don't need to find out the latter, but I figured they'd be curious).

Waaaghpower

Wait... I'm confused by Narric's post. How did Cynder know he was covering anything up? Am I missing something?

HectorSmash

I'm just gonna go with 'that didn't happen' and write my post accordingly. Personally I see no way Cynder could do all that stuff and still manage to eavesdrop on our conversation, on top of somehow knowing what Hazy was up to - unless they'd been talking in private just a few seconds beforehand.

CoffeeGrunt

The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

HectorSmash

Mostly medieval with limited steampunk tech (I think). Patent has a crossbow, but we're not Dwemer-tier or anything. Definitely no bass cannons, unless Mabbz feels like letting you say 'But it's magic, not technology!' and getting away with some massive troll logic.

...Which would be pretty funny, but kind of imba considering the technological prowess of everyone else in the universe.

EDIT: Also I legit just noticed our avatars are like mirror images of one another. Octav3 for lyfe

Narric

I'm making assumptions becuase that is what Cynder would assume Hazy would be doing after a fight. I can edit that last bit out if it suits everybody else better :)

Mabbz

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on February 04, 2014, 08:41:05 AM
What sort of technology/weaponry is available then?
There's no detailed rules, since technology in Equestria is kinda all over the place already. I'll pretty much handle things on an individual basis, but Hector's basically right. Barring enchantments, keep it fairly medieval. And no steampunk, Patent's crossbow was just intricate clockwork mechanisms. The steam train hasn't been invented yet.

Basically, tell me what you want and if you can't have it, I'll tell you what the closest thing you can have is. Oh, and their is a bunch of posts on the first page that have some information you might find useful. I think there was a technology post somewhere.

Quote from: Narric on February 04, 2014, 09:01:18 AM
I'm making assumptions becuase that is what Cynder would assume Hazy would be doing after a fight. I can edit that last bit out if it suits everybody else better :)
Well, since Hector made a fairly contradictory post, someone's going to have to edit :P

If you do come outside, feel free to write in some of Hazy's actions or dialogue if you want. I imagine he'd try to stop you from spotting the body by telling you to go back inside for whatever reason and concealing it with magic. Oh, and remember he's effectively a spy for the princesses; he'd be able to lie quite convincingly.

HectorSmash

Considering Cynder had no knowledge of any casualties as a result of the fight, I'd say he shouldn't jump to conclusions that Hazy would be hiding bodies. Hell, nobody knew except the three of us - that's kind of the point.

Besides, we're trying to make an interesting subplot, man... c'mon.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: HectorSmash on February 04, 2014, 05:32:03 PM
Considering Cynder had no knowledge of any casualties as a result of the fight, I'd say he shouldn't jump to conclusions that Hazy would be hiding bodies. Hell, nobody knew except the three of us - that's kind of the point.

Besides, we're trying to make an interesting subplot, man... c'mon.
I'm with HectorSmash. Plus, in addition to everything he said, also it's unlikely that you could walk upstairs, find a pillow, come downstairs, and walk outside in the time it took to say four sentances and walk inside.

Mabbz

Guys, he already altered his post before you said anything. His new post implies that he is unaware of the dead ponies. Everypony except Hazy is indoors now, so maybe we can move on with what you're actually doing? I'll bring Hazy back inside when enough time has passed.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on February 04, 2014, 11:06:02 PM
Guys, he already altered his post before you said anything. His new post implies that he is unaware of the dead ponies. Everypony except Hazy is indoors now, so maybe we can move on with what you're actually doing? I'll bring Hazy back inside when enough time has passed.
Aaand this shows why I should actually check on these things before posting.

HectorSmash

I was last post; when that's the case, all I can do is whine!

Walrus Man

I can't recall, did anyone grab rope when we were preparing for the attack?

Also it's occurred to me that I still haven't put a picture of Pale Ale up here. He's the jerk in the middle:

Spoiler
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out