News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Yeah, simply including that as an outcome is asking for trouble :P

Walrus Man

Poor old Thunder really is copping the worst of it, isn't she?
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on March 14, 2014, 07:13:28 PM
Quote from: Narric on March 14, 2014, 04:45:02 PM
Is there a reason Thunder is near-raped so often? :P
Horrible dice rolling. There was a 1/12 chance of getting a rapist, and even then a small chance that she wouldn't go with him. I really need to stop adding a rape option to my random encounter tables :P
Next thing you know, we'll be playing FATAL.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Walrus Man

Quote from: Waaaghpower on March 14, 2014, 11:14:25 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on March 14, 2014, 07:13:28 PM
Quote from: Narric on March 14, 2014, 04:45:02 PM
Is there a reason Thunder is near-raped so often? :P
Horrible dice rolling. There was a 1/12 chance of getting a rapist, and even then a small chance that she wouldn't go with him. I really need to stop adding a rape option to my random encounter tables :P
Next thing you know, we'll be playing FATAL.
My Little FATAL: Friendship is Non-Consenting

[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Narric

Friendship is Carrots :shifty:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a pre-planned side-story where Plumber is going to step in an save Thunder. We get some nice inter-character developement, Plumber is finally absolved of his near-crimes from earlier, and Thunder gains some respect and trust of the male stallion :P

HectorSmash

Walrus Man

Quote from: Narric on March 14, 2014, 11:48:59 PM
Friendship is Carrots :shifty:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a pre-planned side-story where Plumber is going to step in an save Thunder. We get some nice inter-character developement, Plumber is finally absolved of his near-crimes from earlier, and Thunder gains some respect and trust of the male stallion :P

I reckon you might be on to something there.

[

Waaaghpower

There's been talk of that happening, but it wasn't plNned and I've got no idea if it'll go anywhere. So... Yeah.

HectorSmash

Quote from: Walrus Man on March 14, 2014, 11:05:01 PM
With the larger of their two captive spinning gently over his head in a dim aura of magic...

LOL

EDIT: This is my 250th post, and now I can go in the Enclave! Hooray!

Mabbz

I really shouldn't have added the rapist option to the random encounter table. I felt uneasy as I wrote it, and I've been regretting it more and more ever since. In addition, Thunder's attempts at fighting off her attacker went very badly, and Plumber's point of view makes it seem unlikely that he'll even notice that Thunder is even present. Even if he does, he's so drunk that he'll probably just get beaten up for his troubles.

Basically, I wish I hadn't gone down this route at all. As such, I am going to retcon everything to do with the rapist. Thunder will be back in the bar and have to roll on the tables again, this time with the rapist possibility removed.

Quote from: Narric on March 14, 2014, 11:48:59 PM
Kind of. It wasn't entirely pre-planned.

HectorSmash

That feel when the party's rolls are so bad that the GM has to step in and tone it down so we can keep playing

Also, I know what you mean on that front, Six-Pack Mabbz. Writing stuff like that makes me physically uncomfortable; like even though it's not real and I'm not reading it, somehow writing it is a totally different phenomenon, like I'm birthing this evil abomination that other people are gonna have to deal with.

Then again, the stakes aren't very high if we're not dealing with death, injury, rape, etc. on a regular basis. I trust you to find a good balance between the two.

EDIT: Thunder, you lucky whore! Hope she left some for me... ;)

Waaaghpower

Quote from: HectorSmash on March 15, 2014, 05:18:41 PM
That feel when the party's rolls are so bad that the GM has to step in and tone it down so we can keep playing

Also, I know what you mean on that front, Six-Pack Mabbz. Writing stuff like that makes me physically uncomfortable; like even though it's not real and I'm not reading it, somehow writing it is a totally different phenomenon, like I'm birthing this evil abomination that other people are gonna have to deal with.

Then again, the stakes aren't very high if we're not dealing with death, injury, rape, etc. on a regular basis. I trust you to find a good balance between the two.
I actually had to write out part of... That scene. It felt dirty.
Consensual seduction scenes are fun and alright, though!

Mabbz

Quote from: HectorSmash on March 15, 2014, 05:18:41 PM

EDIT: Thunder, you lucky whore! Hope she left some for me... ;)
I wish I had a six pack...

I am starting to think that moving to a different dice roller site might be necessary. Have any of you ever rolled well? As for high stakes, don't worry. Injury and death are still very much in this (Thunder and Backlash are killers, remember?), I'd just like to move away from rape. Too much mental trauma and internal party conflict was slowing the story down as it is.

Quote from: Waaaghpower on March 15, 2014, 05:28:13 PM
I actually had to write out part of... That scene. It felt dirty.
Consensual seduction scenes are fun and alright, though!
Again, sorry about that. The real question is, when are you going to write up the M-rated deleted scene between Thunder and Mirthful Night?  ;)

Waaaghpower

I might. :D
If I do, I'll keep it private and perhaps message it to anyone who is interested. ;)

HectorSmash

Quote from: Waaaghpower on March 15, 2014, 06:03:50 PM
I might. :D
If I do, I'll keep it private and perhaps message it to anyone who is interested. ;)

What, and put the burden of curiosity on us, your humble readers?

Live a little! Drop it in a pastebin and leave it for the world to see! Hell, I'll even do the same of some of the logs from my old RP/ERP group if you're worried about making a fool of yourself.