News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Walrus Man on March 19, 2014, 11:49:15 PM
Nice to know that yet another member of our merry band is as mad as a sack of ferrets.
Spoiler
we're all a little mad just embrace the madness and enjoy it

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Wut.

Well, that was pretty unexpected. I'll merge Hazy's reaction in with the main story post when I write it tomorrow, since writing at midnight isn't a good way to ensure quality. Plus it gives me more time to decide which would be funnier; Hazy waking up to find Backlash spooning him or Hazy already being awake and spending the night in silent terror of the crazy mare (possibly while in desperate need of the toilet).

Quote from: Narric on March 19, 2014, 11:53:47 PM
I did want to try writing some original lyrics, but I've been at work near all day so my brain didn't want to be useful.

Maybe next time there is some singing I'll make Cynder join in :P No trying to kill him off before then ;P
What about killing him off mid-verse? ;)

HectorSmash

I'll have you know I literally cannot stop smiling and laughing right now

Waaaghpower

Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

Quote from: Waaaghpower on March 20, 2014, 12:10:54 AM
Well then.
Does this make Hazy the Only Sane Stallion?
I'd like to know how Cynder is not a sane stallion? :P

I have also just realized we're currently essentially an inverted Harem with Backlash in the middle :P

HectorSmash

HectorSmash

Aww, poor Thunder. Can't get away from one-night stands even in a lesbian relationship...

Narric

Quote from: HectorSmash on March 20, 2014, 01:06:03 AM
Aww, poor Thunder. Can't get away from one-night stands even in a lesbian relationship...
At least she wasn't raped this time.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Narric on March 20, 2014, 01:13:08 AM
Quote from: HectorSmash on March 20, 2014, 01:06:03 AM
At least she wasn't raped this time.
The fact that we even have to say that...

HectorSmash

toooooooo sooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn D:

In other news, as you all may or may not be aware, I'm a bit of an irreverent antiestablishmentarian. In the spirit of such a mindset, and in the name of self-edification through education, have a video that should piss you off (or at least shake you a little).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6zQO7JytzQ

The topic of this documentary is huge in the States. Normally I'd feel uncomfortable so blatantly plugging my own opinions where they don't belong, but this subject is a sheer matter of education and knowledge vs. illusion and imposed ignorance.

Waaaghpower

Can you give us a hint as to what it's about before we watch it?

HectorSmash

Oh yeah, lol my bad. It's called The Corporation and it shows how corporations have invaded American society for their own gain. The tricky part of the whole ordeal is that it can be proven that corporations can provide services and goods that are necessary or effective for maintaining our quality of life; however, we as a nation are quickly coming to a point (if we're not there already) where the downsides will outweigh the upsides, necessitating a conspiracy of public ignorance in order for these corporations to continue to operate or 'live.'

It all sounds like the plot of a Deus Ex game, but it's really quite disturbing how invasive these companies are. Of particular importance is the bit around an hour and 25 minutes in, wherein companies are patenting actual life and genetics. It may not be life-threatening or catastrophic right now, but that's the key: stopping it before it becomes insoluble.

Walrus Man

It's a lofty goal. Corporations aren't easy things to fight.
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Mabbz

I took ages trying to figure out how Hazy would react to that situation, before eventually coming up with this. His job means that lying is his usual method for dealing with stuff, and he prefers easy solutions to complicated ones. Here, he has a choice: straighten things out with Backlash, which will mean a long emotional talk with a vulnerable mare in the middle of a dangerous and important mission, or go along with it for the time being, and sort it out when the fate of Equestria isn't at stake.

Besides, he does like Backlash; she seems like a nice mare and she is quite attractive. Maybe it could work between them? Hazy doesn't believe in true love anyway. He views love as being a really good friendship, just with exclusivity, physical benefits and a bunch of additional responsibilities (like hearts and hooves day). He would have preferred to get to know Backlash a little better before taking this step, but he thinks he can manage.

He's doomed, isn't he?

The rest of you can wake yourselves up. I don't think Hazy or Backlash are likely to wake you, unless things get really out of hoof.

HectorSmash

i cant breathe oh god

EDIT: @Walrus, it is lofty. It's nigh impossible, borderline suicidal depending on what country you're in and what corporation you're fighting. But if we as a people stop fighting or trying to fight entirely, our moral and individual values are screwed.

EDIT EDIT: Back on the pony side of things, I can't decide exactly how I want to play this out. To be fair, Mabbz surprised me with this about as much as I surprised him to begin with! Let's see just how badly I can make Hazy regret his decision...