News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

I'll do an update tomorrow that should give you a few more things to think about. I'm going on a weeks holiday starting this saturday, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to post anything during that time.

Mabbz

I went away for a week, kinda hoping that I'd have something to work with when I got back. No plans for getting through the door, no claiming of loot, no RPing about Plumber's return or the guards or the vault or anything?

Narric

Mabbz

No worries, it's just a little depressing when I have to shame people into posting. If activity doesn't pick up, I might just turn this into a story so people will at least know how it ends. If any of you have any ideas to get people actively posting again, please let me know.

As for your search, the desks and chests were checked along with everything else last post. The whole place is very spartan, very professional and very military. The only items of interest were the ones I mentioned, which means that the keys are not present.

Narric

Walrus Man

Sorry Mabbz, I meant to post earlier but real life has been hectic...
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

HectorSmash

I have no excuse. I've just been putting it off. I'll let my actions speak for myself from now on.

That said, I think it's interesting to note that I've been in this game long enough for the character I'm playing to no longer exist. She's evolved quite a lot since I first joined. Kind of cool to look into the past like this and remember how things used to be.

I'm pestering Plumber to return as well. His work schedule is erratic at best, but I've got tomorrow off, so as soon as he gets home I'll remind him that the show will indeed go on.

Narric

Would trying to melt the door/locks be out of the question? If we can't lift it, lets melt it out of the way :P

Mabbz

Quote from: HectorSmash on June 29, 2014, 09:00:09 AM
I have no excuse. I've just been putting it off. I'll let my actions speak for myself from now on.

That said, I think it's interesting to note that I've been in this game long enough for the character I'm playing to no longer exist. She's evolved quite a lot since I first joined. Kind of cool to look into the past like this and remember how things used to be.

I'm pestering Plumber to return as well. His work schedule is erratic at best, but I've got tomorrow off, so as soon as he gets home I'll remind him that the show will indeed go on.
Ah procrastination. As someone that once waited until three months after the deadline to start a piece of university coursework (and got away with it), I can't exactly judge you for that.

Also, if Plumber can return soon that would be incredibly helpful. I built a few plot points around him that I'd rather not waste.

Quote from: Narric on June 29, 2014, 09:27:29 AM
Would trying to melt the door/locks be out of the question? If we can't lift it, lets melt it out of the way :P
You can certainly try to melt the door, but I have to warn you that the odds are not in your favour. Even if you can succeed, you'll likely take a few hours doing it unless you roll perfectly. And you could break the lock, but all that would do is make it impossible to pick.

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on June 29, 2014, 10:02:03 AM
Quote from: Narric on June 29, 2014, 09:27:29 AM
You can certainly try to melt the door, but I have to warn you that the odds are not in your favour. Even if you can succeed, you'll likely take a few hours doing it unless you roll perfectly. And you could break the lock, but all that would do is make it impossible to pick.
What about the hinges, or do I assume it opens inwards?

I'm sure there is a solution to this that involves fire or ridiculous amounts of heat :P

Mabbz

It's tilted backwards, and opens upwards and outwards. It's too heavy to lift though, so melting the hinges would not help at all. Besides, the molten metal would might weld the door closed.

I can think of one way through the door that requires heat, but it's a bit more subtle than burning through stuff.

Narric

Heat up a suitably sized piece of metal, insert into keyhole, somehow manipulate the metal into the correct shape, withdraw and cool/quench metal, reinsert metal as key?

Mabbz

I see that being more likely to break the lock than open it, so again near perfect dice rolling required. I think I should probably wait a little longer before giving away more hints though. I want you to try your methods rather than just asking me if they'll work.

kingofmonkeys

examining the workings of the door. Plumber's got a bunch of basic tools any possibility to dis-assemble the lock or remove the hinges thus making the door a non barrier. exposed screws and such?

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Sorry for the delay, I'm having internet troubles at the moment. Have an intelligence test (I rolled for you so I can tell you what the result means now, rather than you having to wait another six days for my internet to work properly):

Plumber's examination of the door mechanism.

There is no way to disassemble the door from this side. However, you have been able to determine what most of the pipes do. There is one main pipe that provides the majority of the pressure that opens the door. If you can increase the pressure inside that pipeby enough, the door should open.