News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on August 25, 2014, 04:59:24 PM
Quote from: Waaaghpower on August 25, 2014, 03:53:31 PM
I'll take your Jaynestown quote and raise you a regular Jayne quote!

My mistake with calling myself Backlash.

As for Backer (Thundlash?) shipping... Have you forgotten the less-than-subtle flirting earlier in the RP?
If I weren't so unconscious right now, I'd probably try for a third quote.

Nevertheless, it happened and now you're at the back. I'm not changing it (although, imagine if Hazy had been flirting with Thunder and Backlash heard...)

Yes. Yes I had.
No changing required, the turnout is just fine. (Though that might be amusing to come up later, :P).

Did Thunder just go crazy and fall asleep?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

HectorSmash

HectorSmash

Mabbz

In the interest of not stalling, I am going to start temporarily taking over characters that don't post within two weeks of an update. It won't be a permanent GM takeover, just for one off actions. Now then...

Mabbz stares at Pale through his moniter. Suddenly, the bartender glows with an inner light.

HectorSmash

FORWARD! FORWARD!

I wanna get to an area that's not a hallway so I can run around and nonlethally stab things.

Narric

Stab things with your hooves and feathers?

[edit]
I'm sure that even at this point in equestrian history, that there was a Las Pegasus. If not, why the fuck not?!

Mabbz

So, worried that this room must contain hidden traps because otherwise it'd be too easy to get into a room that:

• is hidden underground
  • had seven ponies guarding it
  • was protected by an illusion to hide the entrance
  • had an enormous, locked door
  • was protected by a drunkening enchantment
That seems utterly reasonable. But what will you do about it?

Quote from: Narric on September 14, 2014, 07:41:27 AM
I'm sure that even at this point in equestrian history, that there was a Las Pegasus. If not, why the fuck not?!
I'm gonna say yes there was, because of the reasons you just gave ;)

Narric

I'm going to assume that nopony has a Teleportation spell, so we're going to be hauling these manually, meaning many chances for the enemy to recapture the relics off us :P

Can we message the princess without being asleep?

Quote from: Mabbz on September 15, 2014, 08:19:23 AM
Quote from: Narric on September 14, 2014, 07:41:27 AM
I'm gonna say yes there was, because of the reasons you just gave ;)
Good man :P

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on September 15, 2014, 08:31:00 AM
I'm going to assume that nopony has a Teleportation spell, so we're going to be hauling these manually, meaning many chances for the enemy to recapture the relics off us :P

Can we message the princess without being asleep?

Sorry, teleportation is a bit beyond you lot. Besides, a vault like this is bound to have some kind of anti-teleportation spells and stuff. The idea is that it keep ponies out, which also means that while inside, all forms of magical communication are blocked. That doesn't matter too much, since you have no method of communication with you. To contact Luna, you'd have to go outside, sleep, and hope that she checks your dreams.

I don't recall if I mentioned this, but she is scheduled to check up on you every night at 8pm, retrying every hour until she makes contact. Since the time at the moment is about 3pm, you'll have to keep the Elements safe until then.

HectorSmash

i swear to god KoM

i already know you're gonna have a field day with all this winking you dirty bastard

Waaaghpower

I'm curious... This is in the past, right? So...
Why is the Element of Magic/Friendship here? There were only ever 5, the 6th one didn't come into being until Twilight Sparkle came along.

EDIT: Well, only 5 were ever known of. Only Celestia was aware of the element of Friendic. Magship. Whatever. It wasn't just hidden, it was unknown.

Narric

Quote from: Waaaghpower on September 18, 2014, 03:27:09 AM
I'm curious... This is in the past, right? So...
Why is the Element of Magic/Friendship here? There were only ever 5, the 6th one didn't come into being until Twilight Sparkle came along.

EDIT: Well, only 5 were ever known of. Only Celestia was aware of the element of Friendic. Magship. Whatever. It wasn't just hidden, it was unknown.
Don't you remember the S4 opening two-parter? You see Luna and Celestia imprisoning Discord, and they have six jewels. The only thing technically wrong, is that there wasn't one that looked like Princess Sparkle butts sparkled butt :P

Mabbz

Actually, the element of magic was present in both of the flashbacks of Celestia fighting Luna and the Sisters fighting Discord. Admittedly in the Nightmare Moon flashback it was in a stone sphere at first, but Celestia pulled the gemstone out of the sphere almost immediately. My explanation is that Luna's fall to evil hid the spark of magic in their friendship (encasing the element in stone as a metaphore of this). Celestia however was able to see the spark in NMM, even if it was hidden, and she managed to use it to power the elements. She used her love for her sister to try and free her, but a one-sided friendship wasn't enough to do so. And so, she resorted to plan B; banish to the moon (I have an explanation for why the elements did that too, but it's long and complicated and irrelevent).

That's my headcanon anyway. Feel free to dispute it at your leisure. Debating is fun!

Quote from: Narric on September 18, 2014, 07:28:53 AM
Don't you remember the S4 opening two-parter? You see Luna and Celestia imprisoning Discord, and they have six jewels. The only thing technically wrong, is that there wasn't one that looked like Princess Sparkle butts sparkled butt :P
Yes there was. Look at the thumbnail for the defeating discord video: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=princess+twilight+sparkle+flashback

Narric

Waaaghpower

I forgot that they were used on Discord, but I was still fairly sure that the Element of Magicship was a secret known only to the princesses and other high beings. Otherwise it seems weird that no history books would have remembered its existence (despite remembering the other 5,) and that Nightmare Moon was surprised when Twilight used it against her.

No big, just an oddity.