News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Also:
I see your stealthy Firefly quote, you sly devil...

And since I'm bad with spacual relations... We're back in the antichamber where we fought the evil no-good ponies and the doorway is caved in? (And my aced agility test did squat? :P )
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on September 20, 2014, 07:43:32 AM
I forgot that they were used on Discord, but I was still fairly sure that the Element of Magicship was a secret known only to the princesses and other high beings. Otherwise it seems weird that no history books would have remembered its existence (despite remembering the other 5,) and that Nightmare Moon was surprised when Twilight used it against her.

No big, just an oddity.
1000 years is a long time to forget things, and it's entirely possible that Magic was a secret. Perhaps the princesses only told us lot about it so he'd know what to look for. Come to think of it, nopony has mentioned Magic yet, so it's possible that all you know is that there are 6 elements, not what they are.

Quote from: Waaaghpower on September 20, 2014, 07:47:57 AM
Also:
I see your stealthy Firefly quote, you sly devil...
One day I'll get one past you  ;)

And since I'm bad with spacual relations... We're back in the antichamber where we fought the evil no-good ponies and the doorway is caved in? (And my aced agility test did squat? :P )
You're in the basement, not the caves (I assume that's what you meant by antichamber) and the big vault door is closed and broken. As for your agility test... You grabbed all six elements and pushed all six of your allies out of harms way (rather than forcing all of them to make agility tests to dodge the boulder), what more do you want?

HectorSmash

Quote from: Mabbz on September 20, 2014, 08:53:46 AM
You're in the basement, not the caves (I assume that's what you meant by antichamber) and the big vault door is closed and broken. As for your agility test... You grabbed all six elements and pushed all six of your allies out of harms way (rather than forcing all of them to make agility tests to dodge the boulder), what more do you want?

Thunder has high standards. That's why she got drunk and slept with a barfly! ;D

Waaaghpower

Ah, duh. I read that at 2 in the morning and thought that the gems had all vanished magically when I tried to grab them. :P

Hooray!

Waaaghpower

Quote from: HectorSmash on September 20, 2014, 02:39:05 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on September 20, 2014, 08:53:46 AM

Thunder has high standards. That's why she got drunk and slept with a barfly! ;D

Hey! I take offense at that. Thunder didn't know she was a barfly!

HectorSmash

good god i feel miserable this week

post will be up shortly, once i've reduced my time between meals from about 24 hours to 0

Mabbz

Fillies and Gentlecolts, it's time for some roleplaying! We've got three in-game hours to fill and I refuse to timeskip all of it. Tell stories, play games (I'm sure we could get a pack of cards from somewhere, unless you'd rather play spin the bottle), drink and be merry! T'will be glorious!

Narric

Roleplay? What is that?

I thought we just rolled dice and cursed when they come up crap :P

HectorSmash

kingofmonkeys

post will go up tomorrow sorry for vanishing like that. begs for forgiveness

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Some time ago now I read a story called "Stardust" (an XCom/MLP crossover. Twilight gets teleported to earth at the worst possible time). At one point Twilight and some humans start playing a game of liar's cards, using it as a device for having light conversation. I'm not entirely sure how to do it here, but it could be useful for getting to know everyone's characters a bit better.

Liars Cards, as explained by Corporal Lana Jenkins
"That's right!"  Lana chirped. "Now for this game we shuffle the deck and then deal the cards to the players.  The game's name is called 'Liars Cards' and the goal is to drop cards face down in the pile in the center, counting up from one to ten, then jack, queen and king.  Once King is reached, the count resets to one."

"I think I understand, but the odds of any one player having enough of each card to add the right one for each turn is..."  Twilight started until the connection with the game's name occurred, "Oh, you're supposed to drop cards even if you don't have the needed number?  That's why it's called 'Liars Cards', right?"

"Right again!  But here's the catch, if you suspect that someone is lying you call them on it!  If they are lying they pick up the entire stack.  If they're not lying, then you have to pick up the entire stack," Lana further explained.  "What makes this a conversation game is that the person who turns out right in one of these accusations gets to pick the topic to discuss until another accusation is made.  So, Twilight, would you like to play a game?"

Quote from: kingofmonkeys on October 19, 2014, 03:24:02 AM
post will go up tomorrow sorry for vanishing like that. begs for forgiveness
You are forgiven.

Waaaghpower

I've always heard that game called 'BS', and nine times out of ten someone will end up with all of one card and call out everyone who plays it. (If I have four kings, I know you can't possibly have any.)

Waaaghpower

Thunder has super high Agility. She'd be great at Spin the Bottle TWISTER. Ahem. Yes. Twister.

Narric

Twister sounds most fun, and most likely to truly get the characters in an awkward position. :P

Spin the bottle could easily just be truth or dare, which is a bit boring, and just doing the kissing one just seems weird with all the Players being dudes, even if their Characters aren't :P

Waaaghpower

Who says I'm a dude?
(All right I'm a dude. But I prefer the term 'Bro.')