News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

No one has anything to say, in character or out, about the current situation? Come on, I've just revealed the main villian; I want to write some evil gloating and explain what Luna's plans were. Maybe I should just do a monologue.

Narric

I didn't want to become a one-show pony so I've kinda stepped to one side to let others post :P

Waaaghpower

Sorry! I'll post this evening, I'm waiting in line at the Sprint store right now.
What a twist! Who could have guessed that Luna would turn traitor?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

I assume this is where the RP narrative takes a small divergence from the canon ;)

Also, doesn't this technically mean that Brute Force is a pony we could have always trusted!?!

Waaaghpower

Invisible Castle isn't loading for whatever reason. I'm going to write up as much of my post as I can, wait a bit, and if it's still not working I'll find a different website or just roll some actual dice. Any recommendations for another site to use if IC isn't working in the next hour or so?

Waaaghpower

On a related note, would trying to cause any kind of weather work off of Magic? I would assume it would, but I wanted to ask. (And what about trying to break the sound barrier, as per Thunder's Cutie Mark? I would guess Agility, but again I'm not sure.)

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on December 18, 2014, 11:46:12 PM
Sorry! I'll post this evening, I'm waiting in line at the Sprint store right now.
What a twist! Who could have guessed that Luna would turn traitor?
Yeah, I know, traitor Luna is hardly an original idea ::)

Still, I figured if I didn't make it obvious from the start and delved a little into how it happened (if you delve, anyway), it wouldn't be so cliched. There's also the whole alternate universe thing; if you break away from show canon I will write an ending that reflects that.

Quote from: Narric on December 18, 2014, 11:58:51 PM
I assume this is where the RP narrative takes a small divergence from the canon ;)

Also, doesn't this technically mean that Brute Force is a pony we could have always trusted!?!
Possibly. Your actions could ensure a nice, canon end. It's even conceivable that you could do better than canon, if you can somehow reform Luna or something.

Also, remember how you killed two of Brute's friends?

Quote from: Waaaghpower on December 19, 2014, 12:37:51 AM
On a related note, would trying to cause any kind of weather work off of Magic? I would assume it would, but I wanted to ask. (And what about trying to break the sound barrier, as per Thunder's Cutie Mark? I would guess Agility, but again I'm not sure.)
Magic on all counts except tornados, but if you do something with thunderbolts then you get your cutie mark bonus. Tornados require you to pass both a magic test and an agility test.

HectorSmash

Sorry guys I won't lie I've been feeling really shitty lately, even though school's over Christmas is coming up and the stress is really getting to me.

HectorSmash

Also, is it sad that I didn't even see this coming? In spite of the whole 1000 years ago thing and Luna wanting the Elements, I still didn't even consider it at all.

I'm not a clever pony.

Mabbz

Quote from: HectorSmash on December 19, 2014, 12:13:36 PM
Sorry guys I won't lie I've been feeling really shitty lately, even though school's over Christmas is coming up and the stress is really getting to me.
Don't worry, these things happen. If you need anyone to talk to, I'd be happy to help

Quote from: HectorSmash on December 19, 2014, 12:34:04 PM
Also, is it sad that I didn't even see this coming? In spite of the whole 1000 years ago thing and Luna wanting the Elements, I still didn't even consider it at all.

I'm not a clever pony.
In fairness, I threw a red herring at you in the form of Sombra and generally did everything I could to avoid making it obvious. Incidentally, if you think you can spot any plot holes (like Sombra being defeated before NMM in the show), then feel free to ask (preferably in character). Odds are, I actually have an explanation ready.

Mabbz

Oh, fun fact. You know how in the comics it's revealed that Luna was possessed by the nightmare forces to become Nightmare Moon? Well, that is canon for this story, but it hasn't happened yet. Eternal night is not currently her goal. More like 72 hour night.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on December 19, 2014, 05:55:10 AM
Magic on all counts except tornados, but if you do something with thunderbolts then you get your cutie mark bonus. Tornados require you to pass both a magic test and an agility test.

Technically, Thunder doesn't create bolts. There are *Lightning* bolts, and then there is just Thunder.
Yes. I know it's her name.
Shut up.

Waaaghpower

Feel free to roll a subtlety check for me, invisible castle still isn't loading but I figured it wasn't something urgent.
Why isn't Luna talking with the Royal We when she talks about her plans?

HectorSmash

I'm currently locked in a monologue-off with the pony who's basically my idol, teacher, and savior, so I don't think I'll be shutting up anytime soon.

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on December 19, 2014, 04:17:35 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on December 19, 2014, 05:55:10 AM

Technically, Thunder doesn't create bolts. There are *Lightning* bolts, and then there is just Thunder.
Yes. I know it's her name.
Shut up.
I know that too. I meant thunder, not thunderbolts.

Quote from: Waaaghpower on December 19, 2014, 04:26:12 PM
Feel free to roll a subtlety check for me, invisible castle still isn't loading but I figured it wasn't something urgent.
Why isn't Luna talking with the Royal We when she talks about her plans?
You make a good point about the Royal We. I could make some remark about how she subconsciously recognises that she isn't representing her nation in this, or I could just edit her speech. I'll decide later.