News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

What rolls would I need to do in order to re-take control of the fire subtly, whilst also making it no-harmful to allies/others? Two Magic rolls and an Intelligence?

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Narric on December 19, 2014, 08:49:31 PM
What rolls would I need to do in order to re-take control of the fire subtly, whilst also making it no-harmful to allies/others? Two Magic rolls and an Intelligence?
It doesn't really have to be that complicated.  All Thunder needs is a tiny hole to get through, you wouldn't need to retake control or even make it harmless, just briefly open it. (I was thinking it would be easier to just put out the fire with rain.)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

So just make a stable hole? Mabbz, how hard can it be? :P roll under my M with a +2 mod to the roll due to it being technically under Luna's control?

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Narric on December 19, 2014, 09:45:21 PM
So just make a stable hole? Mabbz, how hard can it be? :P roll under my M with a +2 mod to the roll due to it being technically under Luna's control?
By my understanding,  you'd be at +3 for it being Cutie-mark related, -1 for being tired, and -something (Probably -2 because you are fighting somepony else's magic. There may also be a bonus because you are taking Luna by surprise/she's distracted, and because you're not trying to do anything sustained, but that'd be a question for Mabbz.

Mabbz

All correct except for the -2 for going against Luna. The modifier is half the difference rounded up, so in this case it's -4. I'll give you a +1 for being sneaky, so overall it comes out as -1 (i.e. you need a 9 or less on the first roll).

Give me a few minutes though, I need to respond to Backlash in the RP thread.

kingofmonkeys

hey just out of curiosity what element does plumber have? post will go up presently can't say i saw this coming honestly.

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

I don't know, which means you get to decide.

Also, yeah, Brute Force was lying. Sorry. In an amusing twist, you remember the whole thing with the warehouse and Backlash's Playcolt magazines? When I did a test to see if the lie was successful, I wasn't testing Backlash's lie. I was testing Fog Dancer's ability to keep a straight face while she let you off the hook.

HectorSmash

I have one more big question but I'll see if I can find a good opportunity to ask it IC before I ask OOC. After all, acting is more fun than reading.

EDIT: Also, Laughter's the one I've got. I picked the light blue one because it matched my eyes.

Full list:

Backlash - Laughter
Thunder - Generosity
Hazy - Honesty
Plumber - ?
Cynder('s is currently in Brute Force's possession) - ?
Pale - ?

So I guess pick one from Loyalty, Kindness, or Magic.

Somewhat interesting to note is that the Elements in the S1E1 intro feature a green one, and the Element of Magic is purple instead of magenta. Going by the colors on the Tree, though, and the ancient ones from S4E2, the colors are pink, purple, magenta, orange, light blue, and red.

Mabbz

Well, that was fun. It's about time I got to write a character break down into tears of self loathing rather than leaving it all to you.

Oh also, in case it wasn't clear, Luna still has the Element of Laughter (ironically, considering).

HectorSmash

I'll wait for everyone else to comment (or at least give them a couple days) before doing anything else.

Although, I would like people to get here sooner rather than later. This latest development has left me feeling really bad and I'd like to resolve it quickly...

Also also, did Luna jack my Element or did I get a different one?

Waaaghpower

If I ask you a direct question will you respond? 'Cause I'm about to ask you a direct question.

Also,  do you get a bonus to tests if you have more time to prepare/get ready/warm up?

Mabbz

Quote from: HectorSmash on December 20, 2014, 02:54:44 PM
I'll wait for everyone else to comment (or at least give them a couple days) before doing anything else.

Although, I would like people to get here sooner rather than later. This latest development has left me feeling really bad and I'd like to resolve it quickly...
Welcome to my world whenever I deal with Plumber and Thunder  :P

Also also, did Luna jack my Element or did I get a different one?
Oops, I forgot you had that one. Let's just say we got your's and Cynder's bags mixed up in the mad dash to escape the inn.

Quote from: Waaaghpower on December 20, 2014, 05:18:47 PM
If I ask you a direct question will you respond? 'Cause I'm about to ask you a direct question.

Also, do you get a bonus to tests if you have more time to prepare/get ready/warm up?
Yes, you can sometimes get bonuses for preparation, depending on the action and the amount of preparation time.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on December 20, 2014, 06:22:01 PM

Welcome to my world whenever I deal with Plumber and Thunder.
Heh heh... Sorry. :/

Mabbz

You are forgiven.

Incidentally I originally intended Luna to be full on Nightmare Moon in this scene, before deciding on the spur of the moment not to. For fun, here's a list of alternate paths I considered for this RP*.

• You sleep in the inn, but wake up when the royal guard show up and arrest you (and somepony, probably Brute is missing). Celestia is forgiving, but asks that you make up for your mistakes by retrieving the Elements and getting them to her while she distracts NMM.
  • You wake to find Hazy is missing with the Elements and you are arrested. Luna says the whole thing to be masterminded by Hazy pretending to be Luna (illusion magic is best magic), and sends you to find him. When you do, he turns out to be a good guy who ran because he thought you were traitors. NMM shows up and reveals that it was her. Hazy is probably killed heroically.
  • It really was Sombra, and you have to get the Elements all the way to the Crystal Empire so that the princesses can use them.
  • Variations of any of the above depending on Hazy being a double or triple agent.
  • The whole thing was a test to see if you were ready for the royal guard.
  • The whole thing was a test to see if you were awesome enough to be in Luna's harem.
  • Something weird with Twilight and Pinkie time traveling.

*Not all of the above were actually considered.

HectorSmash

Hmm... I'll take Kindness, then.

I do like the idea of 'influencing' the events that would have led up to the original Celestia/NMM conflict. Nice choice I think.