News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Waaaghpower

So, did Nightmare Moon lower the moon to make way for the sun?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on January 10, 2015, 12:06:39 AM
I'ma sleep for six hours, so good luck with that :P
NOOOOOooooooo! The post's up! Get back here!

Thunder can make her entrance at any time, so hopefully we can keep this moving along.

Quote from: kingofmonkeys on January 09, 2015, 11:30:27 PM
Quote from: Waaaghpower on January 08, 2015, 09:07:20 PM
On an unrelated note, I didn't realize that the 'Who's online' page existed, I had been stalking people the old fashioned way by looking at their profiles. This is amazing!
might not work for me as i leave a lot of my devices auto logged and sitting around the house while I'm at work. Sorry for the delay I'm a forgetful monkey sometimes. every post makes it less and less likely that I can wrangle a happy ending for my poor plumber buddy i'm hoping he doesn't get butchered but it may happen who knows.
I seem to recall my original plan was to have a fun little campaign that fit with the generally light tone of the show. It's gone impressively off the rails in that sense.

Quote from: Waaaghpower on January 10, 2015, 12:18:42 AM
So, did Nightmare Moon lower the moon to make way for the sun?
She hasn't enacted her plan yet, so yes, it's daytime.

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Mabbz on January 10, 2015, 12:21:40 AM
I seem to recall my original plan was to have a fun little campaign that fit with the generally light tone of the show. It's gone impressively off the rails in that sense.
Plumber was meant to be the class clown. now I've written a good 4-5 incredibly depressing death scenes sometimes things don't go as planned. Honestly I'm gonna call Plumber alive and in a mental hospital or similar a happy ending for me. So here's hoping Plumbs doesn't get killed  :P

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Waaaghpower

By the way.
Is the name of this Roleplay in any way related to Dusks Dawn?

Mabbz

Never heard of it before now. I'm just bad at coming up with names, so I threw something together that sound vaguely relevant and suitably mysterious. I may have been subconciously thinking of D&D, and I may have been ripping off "Eastwards, Unto Dawn" while I was at it. Honestly, I don't have a clue.

Waaaghpower

Look up Dusk's Dawn. It's hilarious and awful and on YouTube.

HectorSmash

Why would you recommend Dusk's Dawn to anyone!?

On a related note, this is similarly disturbing, at least to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YQYlYHtLbc

Waaaghpower

Quote from: HectorSmash on January 10, 2015, 04:54:27 AM
Why would you recommend Dusk's Dawn to anyone!?
I'm a fan of 'So bad it's good' movies. Troll 2 and Birdemic: Shock and Terror are both amongst movies I've enjoyed.

That being said, I just had an awful idea. A wonderful, awful idea.

HectorSmash

I watched Battlefield Earth with my parents a couple weeks ago and that was pretty enjoyable. I think just because Dusk's Dawn and Midnight Mares are both fan animations is why it feels so uncomfortable for me to watch them. Like... these are my people and this is what they made, oh lord have mercy

Quote from: Waaaghpower on January 10, 2015, 05:11:27 AM
That being said, I just had an awful idea. A wonderful, awful idea.

Settle down there, Jack of all Darkness or whatever. We gotta wait on the slowpokes.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: HectorSmash on January 10, 2015, 05:23:38 AM
I watched Battlefield Earth with my parents a couple weeks ago and that was pretty enjoyable. I think just because Dusk's Dawn and Midnight Mares are both fan animations is why it feels so uncomfortable for me to watch them. Like... these are my people and this is what they made, oh lord have mercy
I had no idea what I was watching when I saw that trailer for Midnight Mares. Is it... A fan movie? I guess? The animation looks... Not bad, but not right. Not MLP. Everything looks wrong. I can't tell what the plot is supposed to be about. WHAT IS HAPPENING? Is it... A backstory for Equestria? A parody? An alternate reality? Why are all the characters huge? Why does the background art style look nothing like the character model art style?

Settle down there, Jack of all Darkness or whatever. We gotta wait on the slowpokes.
Don't worry, this one can wait. I might just PM you what I'm thinking, since it's also not super spoilery or important for your character, mostly. Ish. (And I trust that you won't let meta knowledge ruin things.) I don't know, though. Maybe I'll wait it out.

HectorSmash

I hate metaplay probably more than is healthy, yes. But it's entirely up to you. This is like mini-hiatus, I'll take whatever I can get until the story moves along.

As for Midnight Mares, I think my favorite part was the main villain who looked like she just stumbled out of a Hot Topic after a long night of heavy drinking. Also the Street Fighter Movie-esque sound effects to go with her entirely powerless voice acting. Great stuff.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: HectorSmash on January 10, 2015, 05:38:53 AM
I hate metaplay probably more than is healthy, yes. But it's entirely up to you. This is like mini-hiatus, I'll take whatever I can get until the story moves along.

Fair enough, if you don't like Metaplay I'll keep my idea to myself. You'll figure it out when you rejoin the group.

As for Midnight Mares, I think my favorite part was the main villain who looked like she just stumbled out of a Hot Topic after a long night of heavy drinking. Also the Street Fighter Movie-esque sound effects to go with her entirely powerless voice acting. Great stuff.

So cool! Can't even! I hope noputty will entice I leftover snowy during lessy ripoff!

HectorSmash

Hey now, I did say I hate metaplay, but I also am desperate for more story stuff, and I'm pretty sure I could control myself even with such knowledge. D-don't be so quick to leave me waiting ;~;

but I mean y'know if you really don't want to that's cool too

Mabbz

Reminder: you are allowed to control other characters (especially NPCs) in small ways. As an example, Hector, you could write out most of the explanation to the three guards yourself, including all the guards' obvious questions. Hazy and Pale are similarly available for the rest of you.