News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Quote from: Waaaghpower on January 12, 2015, 07:23:26 PM
Okey dokey loki! Once Backlash and Cloudy Daze are done flirting, I think we're about ready for the ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN.
Or, y'know, the gang getting back together.
Take your time flirting. We don't mind.
You missed both a Rainbow Rocks and a Blues Brothers reference chance their :P

Also I'm not sure how well the flirting is going :P I'm not a very good firt myself (says the married man)

Waaaghpower

I've not seen Rainbow Rocks. :/
Equestria Girls was a solid 'Meh', so I haven't really had any draw to watch its sequel.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Well, let me know when you two are finished and I'll move us along. Possibly tonight, although I might be busy on minecraft. Oh, and don't feel pressured to finish talking quickly; I prefer reading all of your posts than writing my own (with some exceptions. I'm looking forward to writing Nightmare Moon's monologues).

Narric

Quote from: Waaaghpower on January 12, 2015, 07:27:59 PM
I've not seen Rainbow Rocks. :/
Equestria Girls was a solid 'Meh', so I haven't really had any draw to watch its sequel.
Well get an education then :P In my opinion, Rainbow Rocks is a vast improvement on EQG1.

Quote from: Mabbz on January 12, 2015, 07:35:43 PM
Well, let me know when you two are finished and I'll move us along. Possibly tonight, although I might be busy on minecraft. Oh, and don't feel pressured to finish talking quickly; I prefer reading all of your posts than writing my own (with some exceptions. I'm looking forward to writing Nightmare Moon's monologues).
I'm just waiting for @HectorSmash to get back online :P

Is there Lore on the time differences between Equestria and Earth, or do we assume its the same?

HectorSmash

With that, I'm ready to move on. I'd be more than happy to just casual RP all day, but unfortunately we have a day to save and a few knuckleheads to knock some sense into. I'm also going to school now, but I might be able to check the forum on my phone, depending on how intense the class is. We'll see!

Narric

Woohoo, now the wife can stop ribbing me about this :P Can we get a vote for the judges of how cringe worthy that scene was? XD

So what exactly is the love shape? Hazy has a thing for Backlash, Backlash has a thing for Hazy, and possibly now Cloudy Daze, and Thunder has a thing for Backlash? Is that right, or am I missing some- one -pony?

Mabbz

Well I'm not sure that Thunder's feelings for Backlash survived her new Nightmare-y-ness (I leave that up to Waaaghpower), but if they did then basically it looks like a tripod.

Anyways, Backlash can make her entrance at any time, and the rest of the group can talk to Swift until Backlash gets there. I imagine there'll be a lot of talking when she does...

Incidentally, about an hour has passed since Thunder went to sleep.

Waaaghpower

How long has it been, in-game, since Thunder went to sleep? (I assume that what took Thunder half a night of top-speed flying took longer for the guards at walking pace than the time it takes to briefly flirt, and the guards didn't start travelling until around when Thunder rejoined the group.) On a related note, what time is it exactly? And as a similar question for mechanical purposes, what is Nightmare Sky and everypony else's tiredness levels? (Even those who went to bed last night missed half a night's worth of sleep and woke up early in the morning.)

As for Backlash, there was a crush there, but after being scorned and feeling betrayed, Thunder mostly felt bitterness and self-loathing. Post-Nightmare, it's now bitterness and loathing of others.

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on January 13, 2015, 12:01:56 AM
How long has it been, in-game, since Thunder went to sleep? (I assume that what took Thunder half a night of top-speed flying took longer for the guards at walking pace than the time it takes to briefly flirt, and the guards didn't start travelling until around when Thunder rejoined the group.) On a related note, what time is it exactly? And as a similar question for mechanical purposes, what is Nightmare Sky and everypony else's tiredness levels? (Even those who went to bed last night missed half a night's worth of sleep and woke up early in the morning.)

As for Backlash, there was a crush there, but after being scorned and feeling betrayed, Thunder mostly felt bitterness and self-loathing. Post-Nightmare, it's now bitterness and loathing of others.
Thunder went to sleep about one hour ago. It is now about 9am (give or take)

Her journey took longer because she went all the way out of the forest to where the whole group met Luna and then went towards Everfree City to find them. The guards went the quicker route of figuring out how far the others were likely to have travelled and going directly there (I sort of assumed that trained guards would have a better sense of direction than Sky). They were also faster because they had two pegasi scouting to find the group, rather than just one.

Sky and Backlash are very tired (-2 modifier) after their fight. Everyone else just had a late night, so they're only get a -1 modifier.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on January 13, 2015, 12:10:33 AM
Sky and Backlash are very tired (-2 modifier) after their fight. Everyone else just had a late night, so they're only get a -1 modifier.

Fair enough, that's about what I expected, but...

Her journey took longer because she went all the way out of the forest to where the whole group met Luna and then went towards Everfree City to find them.

I'm confused... How far into the forest did Luna go, exactly? I know we had to search for several hours, (I assume 3 or so, judging by context,) but I didn't think we had actually flown that far into the forest. It's just, you know, it's a sprawling forest, and it takes a long time to search a small portion of it. (If Luna had actually flown several hours into the distance, I imagine it would have taken us days to find her.) I thought when flying back to where we first encountered Luna it wouldn't take much time at all. Here's kind of how I was picturing things:

So, the extra time heading back to the group would be minimal compared to the time actually following them. (Everything pictured could be upside down or on its side, I don't know if Everfree is North, East, South or West of us, but you get the idea.) I assume that Luna didn't fly towards Everfree when she left, since then there would be no reason to split up while we searched. Even assuming the worst cast scenario for timing, though, (Luna flew as in the same direction as Everfree, so Thunder was literally going backwards to find where the group met up,) I don't see how this would add much more than an hour to her travel relative to the guards. (I guess I also don't know how long it took Thunder to track down the group, but judging by the order of events I assumed she started looking for the group at around 3 in the morning, and since she found them right after dawn, (I'm guessing 7-ish?) it would be around a four-hour flight.

All of this is a roundabout way of saying, I agree with the levels of tiredness, but I am confused as to how everything happened as far as timing goes. What is wrong with my guesswork and stuff? 

(I'll have a post up in a moment, I'm just trying to make sense of everything in my brain while I do so.)

Narric

Hey WP, by Mabbz post, Swift Shadow is female, not male :P

Also, i'll try not to control Cloudy Daze too much from here. Not sure what Mabbz has planned right now :P

HectorSmash

With regards to the love shape thing, it's like a child's mobile with Backlash at the center carelessly dangling everypony else around. She knows not what she does  :(

Hey, I liked the fleeting moment of carefree silliness! Better than doom and gloom all the time.

I'm on my phone at school so post will probably go up in an hour or two.

As for world geometry... sorry, I'm a bit useless when it comes to that. Just tell me how long from point A to point B and I'm happy.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Narric on January 13, 2015, 01:13:24 AM

Coughing politely to get their attention, he held up a hoof in a non threatening gesture... She smiled awkwardly; public relations were not her talent.

I changed it to 'She,' but I rest my case nonetheless.

Narric

Quote from: Waaaghpower on January 13, 2015, 01:19:53 AM
Quote from: Narric on January 13, 2015, 01:13:24 AM

Coughing politely to get their attention, he held up a hoof in a non threatening gesture... She smiled awkwardly; public relations were not her talent.

I changed it to 'She,' but I rest my case nonetheless.
Majority female :P

OK, I missed the odd time Mabbz refered to her as him :P

Quote from: HectorSmash on January 13, 2015, 01:15:24 AM
With regards to the love shape thing, it's like a child's mobile with Backlash at the center carelessly dangling everypony else around. She knows not what she does  :(

Hey, I liked the fleeting moment of carefree silliness! Better than doom and gloom all the time.
Let the manslaughter by Backlash begin?

HectorSmash

Quote from: Narric on January 13, 2015, 01:23:42 AM
Let the manslaughter by Backlash begin?

Begin? Oh, if only it was just beginning...

Also it was way too hard to quote just that tiny snippet.