News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

HectorSmash

Waaaghpower

kingofmonkeys

why does everything have to get crazy the night before I'll be at work all day and miss it all  :'(

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Curse you gender pronouns... why do you hate me? It's fixed now, she is all mare.

Quote from: Waaaghpower on January 13, 2015, 12:31:14 AM
Her journey took longer because she went all the way out of the forest to where the whole group met Luna and then went towards Everfree City to find them.

I'm confused... How far into the forest did Luna go, exactly? I know we had to search for several hours, (I assume 3 or so, judging by context,) but I didn't think we had actually flown that far into the forest. It's just, you know, it's a sprawling forest, and it takes a long time to search a small portion of it. (If Luna had actually flown several hours into the distance, I imagine it would have taken us days to find her.) I thought when flying back to where we first encountered Luna it wouldn't take much time at all. Here's kind of how I was picturing things:

Spoiler

So, the extra time heading back to the group would be minimal compared to the time actually following them. (Everything pictured could be upside down or on its side, I don't know if Everfree is North, East, South or West of us, but you get the idea.) I assume that Luna didn't fly towards Everfree when she left, since then there would be no reason to split up while we searched. Even assuming the worst cast scenario for timing, though, (Luna flew as in the same direction as Everfree, so Thunder was literally going backwards to find where the group met up,) I don't see how this would add much more than an hour to her travel relative to the guards. (I guess I also don't know how long it took Thunder to track down the group, but judging by the order of events I assumed she started looking for the group at around 3 in the morning, and since she found them right after dawn, (I'm guessing 7-ish?) it would be around a four-hour flight.

All of this is a roundabout way of saying, I agree with the levels of tiredness, but I am confused as to how everything happened as far as timing goes. What is wrong with my guesswork and stuff? 

(I'll have a post up in a moment, I'm just trying to make sense of everything in my brain while I do so.)
In universe, the reason is that it's hard to go in a straigh line in a forest. This meant that you had to do a lot of zigzagging to make sure you found the group, which added a lot of time. The guards had twice the ponypower and a better idea of where to look, which can account for a lot of time. Oh, and Sky wasn't going full speed; she had just been in a fight after a long day.

Honestly though, the main reason is that it's convenient storytelling  :P

Anyways, I have work now so I can't post Swift's reply. See you in three hours or so.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on January 13, 2015, 06:20:19 AM
Oh, and Sky wasn't going full speed; she had just been in a fight after a long day.

I meant 'Full speed' as in 'Travelling as fast as possible.' Like how runners don't travel as fast as possible in a race. (You know, like in Fall Weather Friends!) But yeah, that explanation makes sense.

HectorSmash

Narric

Waaaghpower

HectorSmash

Done. Sorry, feeling a bit ill as of a few days ago, right when school starts up again too... lovely.

Not gonna post until everyone's had a chance to see yours. This is kinda important.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: HectorSmash on January 13, 2015, 08:03:42 PM
Not gonna post until everyone's had a chance to see yours. This is kinda important.

Fair enough.
HEY! EVERYONE! HURRY UP!
:P

Waaaghpower

QuoteBacklash had apparently been attacked by somepony claiming to be Backlash.

I'm the real Backlash!
No, I'm the real Backlash!

Narric

Quote from: Waaaghpower on January 13, 2015, 09:59:30 PM
QuoteBacklash had apparently been attacked by somepony claiming to be Backlash.

I'm the real Backlash!
No, I'm the real Backlash!
*Neigh* I'm Backlash

Also, shipping Backlash and Cloudy Daze with my posts :P

Mabbz

Have I ever gone more than three posts without making a silly mistake like that? Fixed.

I've decided to share some information with you. I misled you all about Hazy's cutie mark; his special talent isn't technically illusion. It's the far more generic talent of lying. When ponies find out, they tend to be a little suspicious so he routinely says it's just illusions. The princesses and some of the high ranking members of the guard know though.

One of my plans was to have Hazy run off in the night with the elements and leave you lot to be arrested. One of the princesses would then tell you his secret and send you after him. You'd catch up with him, drag him to Luna and he'd reveal he knew Luna was NMM all along and was trying to prevent the eternal night. Luna would be revealed as the villian by killing him. I decided against it for various reasons.

Anyways, this talent means he's good at seeing through lies, and also that your characters likely wont realise that he's wary of them. I just thought I'd explain why he's not far off the mark. I've been rolling intelligence tests for him to check for deception, and his cutie mark bonus means he's rolling fairly well.

Hazy's cutie mark story
For fun, here's what he would have said if you'd asked about his cutie mark in that earlier game of thruth or dare. It's based on a true story of me in university.

"Well..." said Hazy, looking embarrassed. "I rarely did my homework at school, I was always coming up with excuses but teachers noticed the trend. Then I moved to a new school and with all new teachers I tried again, only now I had more experience. There was a piece of work that I had to do; it contributed to my final grade and we were told that if it was late it wouldn't be accepted. I said I had given it in, and convinced them that it must have gotten lost in all their other papers. Then when they asked for another copy, I made them think I had one that I was searching for. Then they gave me more some time to do it from scratch. I didn't even start the work until two months after the deadline. When I finally handed it in, they were a bit suspicious but I put on a very honest face and they gave me the benefit of the doubt."

Hazy sighed. "It was all going flawlessly, until as the teacher was putting the work away I started thinking about how amazing it was that I'd gotten away with it. I thought to myself, 'maybe lying should be my special talent'. And suddenly there was a little flash and I got my cutie mark. The teacher noticed and tore my work in half. Worst timing ever."

Waaaghpower

Also, shipping Backlash and Cloudy Daze with my posts :P
What a coincidence! I'm shipping a package through the Postal service.