News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorSmash

Well we're down to, what, four players? I don't think it's wise to do that, just be patient. He's got a rough schedule, and by vaulting his post like that you limit the possible outcomes of anything we could have responded with - essentially making it pointless to go back, as well as being just plain rude.

I know we move slowly, but we've all had places where we had to wait (Mabbzim Tomato especially), so please think of the other players before you jump ahead.

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 17, 2015, 11:39:09 PM
It was a tough decision, but I decided to go for the knife: (I didn't say anything in the RP thread because I was being stealthy.)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4780002/

That's a decent pass, right? Not great, not awful? Thunder hid the knife behind her wing (the one opposite from Cloudy, obviously.) I figure his being flustered and her pulling away would be distracting enough that, with the pass, it'd go unnoticed.
That'll do. Surprise stabbing would be another agility test, still with a -1 penalty for Cloudy's guard training. If you do that, give me the roll and I'll tell you if you kill him outright (or you could not kill the nice NPC :'()

Quote from: HectorSmash on February 17, 2015, 11:56:14 PM
Well we're down to, what, four players? I don't think it's wise to do that, just be patient. He's got a rough schedule, and by vaulting his post like that you limit the possible outcomes of anything we could have responded with - essentially making it pointless to go back, as well as being just plain rude.

I know we move slowly, but we've all had places where we had to wait (Mabbzim Tomato especially), so please think of the other players before you jump ahead.
You may be right, although in Waaaghpower's defence he did give nearly two full days. And when we've tried waiting indefinitely in the past we've gone a week or more without an update. Bit of a tricky situation, really.

OK, new rule. When moving time onwards, you must wait 72 hours in case other people have unfinished business. Also, ideally it'd be helpful for everyone to post here when they are ready to move on, although I accept that sometimes you might think of something at a later date.

Waaaghpower

In my defense, everyone else had a chance to post between when he posted and I did, and nobody had done anything in response. I didn't see how sharing a snack and talking would drastically alter the course of the story, and character development with everyone except me and Cloudy is irrelevant to the scene playing out right now.

UPDATE: Ninja'd before posting, but I'll put this up anyways.
Mabbz, if I try and kill him, it'll be slitting his throat so he can't call for help. Originally I was going to ask to borrow the knife to cut some vines for a little S&M (Thunder claiming to have trust issues) and then gagging him and leaving, but he had to be all morally righteous and hard to seduce.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

HectorSmash

I was somewhat shocked by the advance myself because I was waiting on some kind of closure to the scene before we moved on. It was a bit of a jarring transition.

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 18, 2015, 12:07:06 AM
Mabbz, if I try and kill him, it'll be slitting his throat so he can't call for help. Originally I was going to ask to borrow the knife to cut some vines for a little S&M (Thunder claiming to have trust issues) and then gagging him and leaving, but he had to be all morally righteous and hard to seduce.
Sorry, but when Narric was playing him he seemed like a really nice guy  :-\. You could always hit his head with hilt of the dagger to KO him. I'm willing to follow cartoon physics and not give him brain damage. Although that would be a strength test rather than agility.

Waaaghpower

Can I get a bonus to my roll if he's distracted with a kiss?

Mabbz

Yes, but not a big one. Just a +1, which would cancel out the -1 already in effect and make it a straight up strength test with no modifiers.

HectorSmash

Don't kill him! If you do, my harem of potential suitors will be one less! D:

I kid, I kid. Although I do look forward to the moment when at least two ponies realize Backlash has been a bit 'free.'

Also, I'm rooting for the good guys to win very loudly because I can't do anything in character at this point in time. Damn sleeping!

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on February 18, 2015, 12:28:40 AM
Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 18, 2015, 12:07:06 AM
Sorry, but when Narric was playing him he seemed like a really nice guy  :-\. You could always hit his head with hilt of the dagger to KO him. I'm willing to follow cartoon physics and not give him brain damage. Although that would be a strength test rather than agility.
In response to this, my strength is four points lower than my endurance, and Nightmare Sky wouldn't realistically care very much one way or the other. Trying to conk him on the noggin is too risky and offers no rewards.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: HectorSmash on February 18, 2015, 12:33:34 AM
Don't kill him! If you do, my harem of potential suitors will be one less! D:

I kid, I kid. Although I do look forward to the moment when at least two ponies realize Backlash has been a bit 'free.'

Also, I'm rooting for the good guys to win very loudly because I can't do anything in character at this point in time. Damn sleeping!
Don't worry, things are going to get preeeety hot and exciting in a moment, whether or not Cloudy consents.

What're the sleeping (and therefore element) arrangements again? It's Plumber with Backlash, Cynder with Hazy, and the last two guards are macking SLEEPING in their tent, right?

Waaaghpower

Oh, and just to be absolutely clear before I post: Low rolls to determine success: Bad or Good? (Is a 1 a critical pass or fail?)

Waaaghpower

Also, would Thunder have access to lamp oil or anything flammable like that?

Mabbz

You've forgotten Pale. I imagine the guards would be polite and sleep outside their tents if necessary, so lets say:

Backlash and Plumber (Loyalty and Kindness)
Hazy and Pale (Honesty and Magic)
Cynder and Thunder (we can assume Cynder didn't wake up when Thunder went to seduce Cloudy)
Leather and Swift (not in a tent)

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 18, 2015, 12:40:17 AM
Oh, and just to be absolutely clear before I post: Low rolls to determine success: Bad or Good? (Is a 1 a critical pass or fail?)
First roll (determine pass or fail), low is good. Second roll (determine how good or bad), high is good. I really should have made it consistent.

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 18, 2015, 12:42:11 AM
Also, would Thunder have access to lamp oil or anything flammable like that?
I imagine there'd be some in the guard's saddlebags.

Waaaghpower

Murdermurdermurder! I assume what Thunder did in camp wouls only take a few seconds, so even if somepony woke up they wouldn't have a chance to get out of their sleeping rolls and/or tents.

kingofmonkeys

so.. you just ignored my post and cut ahead? i had something i wanted to do  :-\ thanks a lot man

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world