News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

If we have an agreed upon direction, I can go into the thread an cut out everything after Plumbers post. (I assume this one?) Doing this would hopefully help in the transition to a less blood filled storyline, and avoid confusion in the matters. Of course I would want everyone to be on board if we do that route.

If we continue as is, best to clarify about whether its +3 to my roll to get over my magic stat, or +3 to my magic stat and roll under :P

I personally would like the RP to continue as an RP, but if majority rules otherwise I will accept the group decision.

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on February 18, 2015, 02:00:37 PM
If we have an agreed upon direction, I can go into the thread an cut out everything after Plumbers post. (I assume this one?) Doing this would hopefully help in the transition to a less blood filled storyline, and avoid confusion in the matters. Of course I would want everyone to be on board if we do that route.
Yep, that's the post. And if we do go down that route, then cutting out the extra posts would probably be helpful.

Quote from: Narric on February 18, 2015, 02:00:37 PM
If we continue as is, best to clarify about whether its +3 to my roll to get over my magic stat, or +3 to my magic stat and roll under :P
The clarification of stat rolls is the first thing in the first post of the first page of this thread ::). +3 to the stat, and roll under.

HectorSmash

I would really appreciate that particular direction, and I'm sure kingofmonkeys would too. He's at work now and soon I will be as well, although my work is a bit more tech-friendly.

Again, I never want nor wanted to have to throw a fit, but I had always wanted this game to be something fun and adventurous, not yet another thing to feel terrible and powerless about. I'd like to have fun fighting bad guys without worrying about someone turning traitor and murdering us all in our sleep, for this to be a game we all turn to to feel better, not worse. I simply can't be asked to feel worse all the time.

EDIT: For the sake of full disclosure, since that seems to be my policy these days, I'm going to try to write everything down before it disappears. I tend to forget things very easily, so here's what I've got.

I always feel a bit wary talking to people who are into Warhammer, because if I had to describe myself using an in-universe character, I would be a little ball of Chaos. My whole life is based on how I feel and how I choose to respond to those emotions. As a result, it's a bit of an uphill battle to get out of bad feelings, but I will always succeed, no matter how long it takes.

It wasn't always like this. When I first joined this group, my associated character was named Backlash. Predictably, her (and my) primary character trait was the concept of vengeance and its less hurtful counterpart, doing good things in return for other good things. Over time I came to realize that that behavior would never make anyone happier, much less myself, and so I changed to be who I am now. I try to be as sensitive as possible to the changing tides of emotion around me, and I think it makes me more able to connect with people who might otherwise have nobody to turn to.

Unfortunately, it also leads to situations like this. I am so sensitive that just playing a game can put a shade over my whole week. I don't know how to respond to it in a way that'll make everyone happy, including myself, so I just try to tell the whole truth and let people respond from there.

I'm having trouble parsing how I should feel about this whole situation. On the one hand, I feel terrible for essentially guilting everyone into changing the course of the game - not entirely, but at least partially because I complained about it making me feel bad. I also feel more of like a burden because I haven't been around this forum hardly at all except for this game, and I don't even get into Warhammer. Hell, I haven't even been part of this game from the beginning, although I have stuck around until now.

On the other hand, I know kingofmonkeys has felt at least partially the same as me, because we're very close friends outside of this forum. Plumber was meant to be comic relief! And now he's just an insane, depressed nutter because of all the terrible shit he's been put through. I also feel like I'm allowed to voice complaints about the direction the game is taking and/or the actions of the players, simply because I've stuck around to the end. And, guilting or not, if the game really does become so dark that it affects me physically, I will have no choice but to bow out. At this point in time I can't afford another thing to stress about.

But most importantly, I try to have everyone's best interests at heart. I might be a little misguided in the way I communicate it, but I really do want play a fun game with you guys. I miss Walrus Man and Minrat, as crotchety as Patent was (I don't miss Anna/PrimeNumber, but that's a different story). I like having a group like this to play with and enjoy each other's company. I just don't want to feel awful while doing it.

Waaaghpower

Thanks for sharing all of that. I am pretty terrible at picking up subtext, so I appreciate it when people explain things all detailed-like.

I vote for retconning last night's scene out, if that makes any difference. I never meant to cause all this trouble, and it seems like it'll fix a lot of problems.
(Nightmare Sky will probably go for a similar approach assuming it's still possible, but instead conk out the guard with a rock or what have you, then slip into the tent with Cynder, tie him up, and steal away with another element. That okay with everyone?)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

HectorSmash

I would be less unhappy with that than the current chain of events, for sure.

Narric

I would like to hear something from KoM before I go and start chopping the thread. More so we can ensure everyone has had their say, whether large post or small. i also need to wait until later due to being on the wife's laptop, which is cumbersome for me to use, with no mouse...

Hector, if I ever meet you face to face, I need to give you a heart-felt hug :)

HectorSmash

Hugs are great. I'd hug everyone instead of shaking their hand if I could. Human contact is just the best. Maybe one of these days I'll save up and go out to another con, one where I actually know people. Fun fact: going to a convention that you know nobody at, when you're an introvert and your roommates are not exactly the most sociable people, is a terrible idea.

KoM should be home in some 5-6 hours.

Narric

I'll likely be asleep when he gets on :P

FAO @kingofmonkeys
Please make sure you leave your two-cents on this matter. I don't want to go chopping up roleplay without everyone involved being onboard.

Speaking of RP, being a player in this one, and observing Mabbz as a beginner GM, I kinda have ideas on how I can make my own future RPs not suck :P Just wish the RP in my head wasn't just transformers, but then I have plenty of material to hand to sculpt a narrative, even if it does have to go completely alternate universe with regards to the canon :P

HectorSmash

I'm running an Evil campaign on the side, myself. There's 3 players, and two GMs, one of which is me.

I say I'm running it because the other GM, despite having created the world and having been 'voted' into being the main game runner by one person on account of them having known each other longer, sucks. He can't GM for shit. I'm constantly having to step in and save the game as he flounders and flails around with boring, confusing, or just plain annoying characters and encounters.

But hey, c'est la vie. I'M NOT BITTER

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on February 18, 2015, 10:31:14 PM
Speaking of RP, being a player in this one, and observing Mabbz as a beginner GM, I kinda have ideas on how I can make my own future RPs not suck :P Just wish the RP in my head wasn't just transformers, but then I have plenty of material to hand to sculpt a narrative, even if it does have to go completely alternate universe with regards to the canon :P
Yay, I'm helping! :P

Transformers could be interesting, if you did the RP here then I'd be up for it. No worries about canon on my part, since I know nothing about Transformer's canon (never watched the cartoons, never had the toys, only saw the first movie which I've mostly forgotten).

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on February 18, 2015, 11:30:51 PM

Transformers could be interesting, if you did the RP here then I'd be up for it. No worries about canon on my part, since I know nothing about Transformer's canon (never watched the cartoons, never had the toys, only saw the first movie which I've mostly forgotten).
I grew up with many of the cartoon iterations. Most of what I have to work on is memory, butI have some more recent comics which are helping in adding a little more universe to the universe :P

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Mabbz on February 18, 2015, 11:30:51 PM

now when you say the first movie... i hope you mean the 80s one...

as for the RP i'd be glad to roll back to the post that was linked. the one regarding oats. I also would be satisfied with a less dark direction because if it continued down that path much longer if i choose not to break character I don't think he'd stick around the party much longer so thumbs up on it if we are all in agreement.

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Nope. The first Michael Bay movie. So yeah, I know nothing about Transformers.

And we are in agreement! Narric, if you wouldn't mind... *offers Narric a pair of scissors*

Narric

*Takes the scissors and runs with them* (what could possibly go wrong?)

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Mabbz on February 19, 2015, 09:19:50 AM
Nope. The first Michael Bay movie. So yeah, I know nothing about Transformers.

And we are in agreement! Narric, if you wouldn't mind... *offers Narric a pair of scissors*
oh shit dude read the IDW comics and watch the original 80s movie

soo good.

storypost inbound in afternoon my time when i wake up

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world