News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

I'll be a sounding board if you'd like :P

For now, time for some free actions :P
Any rolls to make to try and convince Backlash to have a threesome with Cloudy Daze and Swift Wing? XD

HectorSmash

I personally think the biggest mistake was (probably as a result of the lack of planning) making Thunder into a traitor and then telling us about it. As they say, the pain of deception comes not while it happens, but when it is revealed. This also made it extremely difficult to act fairly in either direction, whether 'too easy' for Thunder to manipulate or 'too difficult.'

Like I said before, I wasn't prepared to deal with a traitor character during this game. I should have been, and it would have made me feel outplayed had there been one acting behind the scenes, but now I just feel wrongly put upon. Every new thing that happens where 'the bad guys win' feels like something I just have to sit and powerlessly watch, because I can't act fairly with my knowledge of who the traitor is. It feels hollow.

Narric

What kind of rolls or dialogue trees would we have to navigate to RP her to stop being a traitor? Is it brainwashing, or is it genuine subservitude?

From a narrative point of veiw, revealing the traitor wasn't a good choice.
For some reason I am reminded of the Battlestar Galactica game, where the Cylone players have to still act within a reasonable of good, but keep to their "evil" agendas, all while not uncovering their true identity. From the few anecdotes I've heard, people have managed to convince non-cylone players that other non-cylone players are cylones, leaving the Battlestar completely run by cylones who don't know the other people are cylones :P (please forgive me if I butchered spelling there)

Thunder could have an epiphany and turn the power she gained from Luna against Luna, but that leaves her open to having her power (and life) taken rather quickly from her depending on how powerful Luna actually is currently in this fiction.

Waaaghpower

You assume that Thunder is merely playing the traitor, Narric. (Sinister laugh. I'm thinking kind of a 'Mnnhmmmhmmm' sort of thing rather than a 'Muahahah', but the important thing is that it's sinister.)

Aside from the narrative, I also get the feeling that player choices have been a bit skewed by meta-knowlege, even if only by accident. (Mean to or not, if you know someone's a traitor than the otherwise ignored oddities of what they do become a lot more obvious.)

I doubt Thunder would get vaporized or anything. PCs (Pony Characters) have been really, really hard to kill in this game. (Which is a good thing, I guess?)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Statistical calculations complete. New strategy within acceptable parameters. Enacting plan...

As you may have guessed from the above, I have figured out where I'm going to go from here. I think it should work to everyone's tastes. Having said that, I need to sort out a couple more things before any major updates, so please bear with me for another few days.

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on July 17, 2015, 09:24:22 PM
Statistical calculations complete. New strategy within acceptable parameters. Enacting plan...

As you may have guessed from the above, I have figured out where I'm going to go from here. I think it should work to everyone's tastes. Having said that, I need to sort out a couple more things before any major updates, so please bear with me for another few days.

Just need to prod the others into posting as well :P

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Apologies to Pegasus Wing Alpha (I got bored of referring to you as "the smaller group") for having a far less interesting update. I promise more fun for you in the future.

kingofmonkeys

my apologies the latter half of july has been really rough. I will post something proper up tomorrow night

#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Waaaghpower, time to bring the others back into this RP.

I am going on holiday for a week, starting this friday. I don't know if I'll have internet, so if I go silent, that is why. Feel free to have minor conversations with Celestia and and perform relatively unimportant actions without my input; just assume everything goes as expected.

Mabbz

Has anyone seen Waaaghpower? I was rather hoping Thunder could go and meet Backlash and co, so Hector would have something to do.

Also, vague guesses are better than silence, but a solid "Let's try there" would be helpful to move this along even if you only say it out of character. I guarantee that no matter where you look, you'll find something interesting. Well, more interesting than standing around talking about it.

Whatever happens, I have something I plan to post on saturday that I think you will appreciate.

kingofmonkeys

I haven't seen him online in a bit is he on the FB group we could poke him on that maybe?

#15 to the new world

Waaaghpower

Sorry guys, work has been exhausting for the past few weeks, I'm kinda busy.
I can post on Saturday! If you don't mind waiting a couple more days. (Maaaybe tomorrow, but that's a 50/50 chance so I don't want to make promises.)
Sorry. :/

Mabbz

Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you've got;
Taking a break from all your worries
Sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to be where you can see,
Our troubles are all the same;
You want to be where everybody knows your name.

Waaaghpower