News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Backlash's research

Hazy's work on the diary was progressing well. It wasn't encrypted after all; Cloud just wrote in his own style of shorthand. Using what he had already learned of the thieves Hazy was able to piece together most of the relevant entries.

One caught his eye. Today had two entries; the first was for the morning and said meet FD, MS at 9, while the second was deliver 2904, CMR at 4. Based on what he had already worked out, this meant Cloud was going to deliver something to the crystal mine at four o'clock. A quick look at the clock in the corner showed it was half three already. Abandoning his work, Hazy decided to see if he could find out what was being delivered.

Backlash wasn't having much luck. The Canterlot archives were a national landmark; part public library, part government office, the one thing that everypony instantly noticed was that the place was enormous. She had spent several frustrating hours there by now and she hadn't found a thing of interest.

As she was leafing disinterestedly through "A History Of Canterlot", she heard someone approaching. Looking up she saw Hazy approach.

"Any luck?" he asked, keeping his voice low.

"None. It'd take days to find anything useful in here. How about that diary?"

"Today's entry. It mentioned a delivery to Crystal Mine Road. I stopped by before coming here, watched the delivery and managed to take a look when no one was watching. It was a crate of six suits of Royal Guard armour. Looks like Fog Dancer isn't alone in pretending to be a guard."

Concerned about this turn of events, the pair went back to the safe house as it was getting late. There was still no sign of Anna when they got back. When knocking failed to get an answer, Hazy used telekinesis to unlock the door. When they saw her sleeping peacefully they decided to leave her be and go to bed.

Mabbz

Backlash, Hazy and Anna awoke around seven the following morning. neither Hazy or Backlash had known what to say, and Anna stayed quiet so aside from filling her in on yesterday's events and today's plans the group didn't talk much. After breakfast they headed out of the southern gate of the city and split up to search for the newcomers.

Unsurprisingly, it was Backlash who spotted them first. They were walking north and hadn't seen her, so she flew to find her companions and guide the two groups together. The threesome approached on foot and finally met.

"Hello," said Hazy cheerfully. "I'm Hazy. The Princess said she'd tell you you'd be meeting up with me. I guess we should all introduce ourselves? Then we can get down to business."

HectorSmash

Backlash cut in first, practically bouncing with energy and excitement.

"Hiya! I'm Backlash, resident window-lockpicker and silver tongue extraordinaire!"

Only after her overwhelmingly noisy introduction did she take note of the other party's bandages and bruises. "What... what happened? To, um, you?"

kingofmonkeys

Plumber is still limping noticeably and glances at Backlash a depressed look on his face seeing her exuberance he forces his face into an obviously feigned smile. "Hi... I'm Plumber's Crack.... I got knifed in the leg and she got mauled by a cockatrice..." he trails off and stares at the ground the depressed look returning to his eyes"

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Waaaghpower

Thunder looked up, a bit surprised at the newcomers. "Uh, hi..." she said, looking at the group. "I'm hazy too, but that's mostly from the concussion and the blood loss... Thunder. My name is Thunder." Her head was aching pretty badly still, but her other injuries were seeming to feel a bit better. Sitting up a bit, she gave a shaky smile.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Hazy finally noticed the injuries on the other group. "A cockatrice? You're lucky you all survived. I was going to suggest you all come with us on a scouting mission of a known enemy camp, but it'd probably be better if at least some of you went to get some rest." He quickly looked over the group. "How about you and you," he indicated Thunder and Plumber, "go with Rose to the safe house and recover, while the rest of us check out some caves?"

HectorSmash

Backlash came to a sudden realization with a start.

"Wait a minute, Hazy. Before we move out, I'd like to get my gear. I doubt I'll have to do much flying in the caves anyway, eh?"

Mabbz

Hazy hesitated, having forgotten that Backlash had left her equipment at the safe house. He had been hoping to get an early start on the caves, but it would be better to go in late than go in unprepared. He nodded in agreement.

HectorSmash

Backlash flew off to retrieve her gear while the rest of the team decided what they'd do.

PrimeNumber

Anna unwillingly took a step foward, speaking barely loud enough to be understandable "I'm Anatalia Rose, The safe house is this way...", she began walking the other way, expecting others to follow her.

Waaaghpower

"I'm fine, really," Thunder said. "I'd rather come with you if it's all the same, and, well... No offense to Plumber, but I think I could use some time where I'm not dealing with him." Not wanting to come off has insulting she added, "Y'know, nothing personal. It's just after the cockatrice, and the assault, and the attempted rape, and the sobbing... okay, mostly the last two bothered me." She turned back to Hazy. "I'll be fine."

Minrat

'I suppose i'm going caving then' Patent said.  He was just glad to be out of that horrendous forest.

Mabbz

Hazy did a double take at Thunder's words. "Attempted rape?! I think the mines can wait. Tell me what happened."

Walrus Man

Pale smiled grimly, "Suffice to say the cockatrice wasn't the only thing we found in that damned forest." He extended his hoof in greeting. " Pale Ale at your service."
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Waaaghpower

"Discord's bucking enchanted bucking cabin..." Thunder muttered. "Some genius had the fantastic idea of camping there for the night. After freaking out for a while, I blacked out and woke up with an alcoholic plumber mounting me. *Suffice to say*," she said, mocking Pale's use of the phrase a bit as she gestured to Plumber with a wing. "Some of his injuries are from me."
Frankly, she would rather stick with another pegasus and this Hazy, who seemed like he always knew exactly what to do to help their mission, than the... current assembly.