News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Hazy wasn't quite sure how to respond to this development. He'd been half expecting injuries - the Everfree was dangerous, after all - but Discord causing an attempted rape? He really hadn't expected that. He just hoped that Thunder and Plumber would be able to get along well enough to get the job done. "Well, um, if you're sure you're ok... We'll wait for Backlash to get back then get started. If anypony wants to head to our safe house or ask any questions, now would be a good time to do so."

kingofmonkeys

Plumber hangs his head partially in shame and partially to hide his tears. "I-I don't even bucking care anymore *sniffle* L-let's just get going. I'll probably just get killed anyway. not like anypony will even care."

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Plumber's remarks only added to the sinking sensation Hazy was feeling. Anna was walking off out of - admittedly justifiable - fear, Thunder had gone through what sounded like a traumatic experience that would likely prevent her from working with Plumber, and Plumber seemed so full of guilt that Hazy was concerned that he might even be suicidal. At least half of his companions had serious issues that could easily cause them to fail their quest.

Hazy was a spy. He wasn't used to being in a leadership position and he wasn't good with personality problems. How in Tartarus was he supposed to pull this off when half the team might not be reliable?

Minrat

'Out of curiosity, what are we expecting to find in the caves?' Patent asked.  He didn't particularly care about Thunder's "incident" and as such completely ignored the various complaints that Thunder had to offer on the topic.  The fact that Patent had fallen under a less powerful version of the rape spell was something he didn't wish to think about.

After thinking about the state of his gear and realising he was down a few bolts-Patent thought it would be a better use of his time to get some new bolts rather than get involved in a complex discussion about the dreadful Discord spell.

'Also-do you have a place where I may replenish my stock of crossbow bolts?  If you don't have ones that will fit-some wood, iron ore, a furnace, and a couple of hours will do.'

Mabbz

Hazy was glad to be on the subject of the mission. "We discovered that one of the thieves' hideouts is in the crystal mines beneath Canterlot. They mostly seem to use an entrance in the city, which is almost certainly too well guarded to infiltrate. As such, we're going to sneak in through an abandoned mine entrance just north of here. Hopefully we'll be able to find a way into their base that we can use to learn more about them."

"As for what we're expecting to find, I can't really say. The whole point of this is to find out what the thieves are doing down here. As for the caves themselves, The Canterlot Archives were infuriatingly light on useful details. Some part will be natural caves, others will be tunnels that the miners dug. We couldn't find a map, so we're going in blind."

"There are almost certainly places you'll be able to buy crossbow bolts if you need them. If nothing else, Rose has a smithy she might let you borrow. Can it wait though?" Patent checked his pack to find he had about three dozen bolts left. He'd be fine for this mission.

Waaaghpower

"Speaking of buying things, how are we supposed to do that?" Thunder asked. "I didn't bring any coin with me, not that I had much to begin with, so until you pay me I'm going to have trouble buying anything." Since money was the entire reason she had gone with these jokers, so she wanted to make sure she wouldn't have to go out of pocket on her expenses. "Will you be giving us per diem or something?"
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

"I thought Princess Luna gave you some money at the start of your adventures. If you need money for anything relating to our mission, I can give you some direct from the government treasury, but I have to be able to justify it or I'll be forced to pay. If you can convince me that you really need something, I'll give you the bits."

Waaaghpower

Thunder nodded. "I'm good for now, but this evening I might need sone things. Do you think they'll pay you back for bandages, a whetstone, and some hard cider?" She asked. "If not, take the last one out of my paycheck." She had made up her mind that booze would be required on this outing, and she even had someone old enough to buy it for her. Nice. "For now, let's go spelunking."

Mabbz

Hazy chuckled. "The first two, sure. As for the cider, if this scouting mission goes well I'll buy the first round."

kingofmonkeys

Plumber speaks up again his voice cracks slightly. "I don't suppose we could get something to eat first.... I'm kind of hungry and I'm sick of trail rations"

#15 to the new world

Walrus Man

Pale echoed Plumber's sentiment, "It would be good to have a hot meal for a change."
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Mabbz

Hazy had been planning on getting started as early as possible, but finding the group had taken some time. Combined with Backlash's unexpected delay to get her equipment, the morning was wearing away quickly. Besides, he rationalised, they would likely do a better job if they were well fed and happier. So when Backlash returned they decided to go for lunch. After stopping at the safe house again to pick up Anna and drop off any excess baggage, the group went to a nearby tavern.

While they waited for their order (Thunder was a little unhappy that Hazy wouldn't let them drink when they were going on a mission after lunch), they took the time to get to know one another better. They couldn't really talk about the mission in such a public place, so they were had to find other topics to discuss.

HectorSmash

Backlash obsessively adjusted the straps on one of her front boots before realizing she'd just have to take it off to eat anyway. Rolling her eyes at her own folly, she did so, putting the armor between her thighs for (slightly uncomfortable) safekeeping.

She had ordered a spiced peanut-and-greens sandwich with a cup of berry tea, preferring the hearty, fiery crunch to more "standard" pony fare. Besides that, the ingredients seemed to be similar to the sorts of things she'd eaten back home in the woods. No sense in taking chances with what could potentially be her last good meal for a long time.

Her eyes darted to Anna and back again every minute or so as if keeping watch over the distressed mare. She was a bit of a looker, too, but she'd never tell the earth pony that. Poor thing had enough on her mind at the moment without adding a crazed pegasus into the mix.

Between glances at Miss Rose, she swept her gaze over the rest of the group methodically. Once left, once right, back to Anna. Once left, once right, back to Anna.

Hazy Image, her guide. He'd been nothing but helpful thus far, and honestly, she wasn't sure how she'd have even begun to start her mission without him. She wondered if he felt left out at all, being assigned to help two 'heroes of the Elements' or whatever it was they were being called without actually being one himself. Maybe he'd play a larger part later, maybe he was just around to keep herself and Miss Rose in line. Whatever it was, he was doing a damn good job. She'd have to raise a toast for him at some point.

The unicorn. With a smirk, she realized she barely knew anypony's name. Oh well. Judging by the way he kept looking at the green earth pony, she guessed they weren't on very good terms. Still, he seemed amiable enough, if a bit loud. Shame they weren't allowed to drink before the mission; he probably knew how to have a good time.

The blue earth pony... Plumber's.. something. Plumber. That pony sure took up a lot of space. She found it hard to believe he made it through the Everfree forest, especially unarmed as he was. Maybe he kept some nifty tools in those bags of his. Poor guy looked completely devastated; he must not be used to violence. Between the mauling and the... knifing? Who knifed him? Her mind raced with options, discarding and re-evaluating them at a brisk pace. In the end, it didn't really matter that much, she supposed. She took a little extra time to peer at the disturbingly blue pony before moving on.

That green earth pony - she hadn't even caught his name - he looked... not violent, but certainly not happy to be there. Maybe that was just her perception. She was almost certain he had thrown a couple nasty glances at the other pegasus, but she couldn't seem to catch him in the act. That crossbow of his, though... From what she knew of earth ponies, he'd probably built it himself. Same with the armor, if his scarred and calloused hooves were any indication. She was genuinely impressed, if a little nervous.

She passed Anna over again, satisfied that nopony had tried to maul or emotionally ravage her in the few seconds it had taken to look back and forth.

Finally, Thunder. Now there was a name she could remember. She probably had a last name, but honestly, when you could just go with "Thunder," why slap anything else onto it? Those bandages just made her look even more tasty... something about a battle-scarred mare coming home after a vicious skirmish reached out and tweaked her in a very sensitive place. And those wingblades - so sleek and sexy! She caught a glance from the other pegasus and gave a quick wink and a smile. She'd have to get to know her much better later, maybe while she was tending to the charcoal-colored mare's wounds? Two for one!

As per her usual 'large group' policy, she restricted her vocalizations to casual one-on-one conversation and responding to direct questions. With another glance over her company, she figured she could take up a spot of leadership fairly easily with a little showing off; maybe during this next foray? Then she'd be free to speak as she wished. All in good time, no need to rush.

Waaaghpower

Thunder made a point of sitting next to one of her winged kin. A female pegasus were infinitely preferable to the crop of fools she had been dealing with before. Hazy wouldn't have been too bad, but she was glowering at him for not letting them get cider.
"I'm Thunder Bolt," she said to Anna, trying to strike up conversation. "Flight extraordinaire. So you'll be accompanying us on our cave trip?"

kingofmonkeys

Plumber would have been glad to drink until he no longer remembered his name maybe even drink himself half to death he didn't care, but he had a feeling Hazy would stop him from ordering anything alcoholic. ordering a huge plate of hot food he picked a seat as far from anypony else as he could so as to avoid the accusing and judgmental stares of his companions, About half way through his meal Plumber became overcome with self loathing and despair he slid his glasses off and buried his face in his hooves and began quietly crying over his plate his shoulders trembling as tears run down his hooves dripping gently onto his unfinished meal.

#15 to the new world