News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorSmash

Backlash launched herself from the opening as soon as the dogs were out of the way, using her wings to break her fall only slightly - just in case the water happened to be shallow. I really should have thought of that before jumping with all my armor on...

Waaaghpower

Thunder watched as Backlash descended, before turning to the dogs and spreading her good wing threateningly, the razor sharp blades glinting slightly. "Okay, dog, uh... things. Tell us everything you know or I'll start getting angry."
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

kingofmonkeys

Plumber takes the gem back and tucks it in his bag before starting off at a fast trot. "we should catch up pretty fast I hope she's ok."

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Backlash was able to land without too much difficulty, and her presence kept the dogs from becoming unruly. The dogs weren't easy to question as their grasp of Pony mannerisms was limited; this meant questions had to be phrased exactly to prevent misunderstandings.

"Have you seen any other ponies in these caves?" asked the ponies.

"Yes, many ponies. Lost count."

"How about in the last few weeks?"

"Seen you. Seen the shining ponies."

"Shining ponies? What are they?"

"Ponies, wearing gold steel. Only one pony, but lots of one. Carry weapons."

"What do you mean by 'lots of one'?"

"Many ponies. All look same. All smell same."

Further questioning revealed little; the dogs had been avoiding the armoured ponies. All they could tell was that they were further north in a small cluster of tunnels. Shortly, Hazy and Plumber arrived from the west having followed Patent's route. They were quickly filled in on the situation.

"Identical ponies in steel armour, coloured gold?" said Hazy, sounding perturbed. "It's not just me that thinks that sounds like the royal guard, is it?"

HectorSmash

Without bothering to dry herself - which would surely cause more harm than good with so many potential victims to be caught in the path of water - Backlash waved at Plumber and Hazy with a smile, glad to see that they'd made it to the group okay. Then, she trotted directly in front of the more talkative of the two dogs - the one that hadn't been kicked in the jaw, incidentally - and bent at the knees to speak with him.

"So, you're gonna show us the way to these shining ponies, right? And you're most certainly *not* gonna set up an ambush to try and gut us once we're out of your fur? ...Right? Because you understand I'd have to bring this cave down upon you if you did that... right?" She stared him down evenly, like she would a beast of the forest.

Mabbz

Yelling with terror and adrenaline, Anatalia Rose charged forward. Her frying pan swung as she tried to subdue the mare the same way she had taken down the unicorn. Unfortunately, she was slightly too slow; the earth pony dodged backward, avoiding the culinary weapon. As Rose struggled to recover from her wild swing, her foe darted forward and shoved her in the chest. Rose stumbled backwards, losing the frying pan and tumbling to the ground.

The intruder darted forward to take advantage of Rose's vulnerable position. Rose didn't spot this as she tried to get back up. Just as the mare reared back to strike, Rose slipped and fell, rolling away and accidentally dodging the attack.

Once again, Anna tried to scramble to her hooves while her attacker moved to stomp her. This time, the intruder was quicker and her hooves came down on target. Flailing to protect herself, Anna knocked the pony's hooves to the side, causing the mare to collapse on top of her.

With a speed that surprised even her, Anna rolled them both over so that now she was on top. Before the other pony could react she began hitting her with her bare hooves. The first few blows glanced off but kept her down. Eventually though, Anna caught her jaw with a right hook that slammed her head into the floor. The pony slumped, unconscious.

The diamond dog cowered before Backlash. "Yes!" one whimpered. "We help ponies! Nice ponies, don't hurt us!"

injuries

Anatalia Rose: aching slightly
Sister Sunbeam (the unicorn): very unconscious (she'll be out for hours after that frying pan), concussed.
Sister Guiding Light (the earth pony): unconscious (she might be out for hours, or just minutes), possible jaw injury.

Mabbz

Guided by the diamond dogs, the group made their way through the tunnels, trying to memorise them. They had only walked for a fairly short time before the dogs stopped. They were at a fork, one passage going east and the other south.

"Shining ponies down left passage. We are good dogs yes? You let us go now?" The dogs looked hopefully at Backlash.

"Not yet," she replied. "We need to make sure you aren't lying after all."

After a short discussion, Hazy crept down the passage using magic to blur his form. After a short while, he returned.

"There's a decent sized cave, torches on some of the walls. The far wall is made of brick; probably a basement. There's a fairly sturdy looking door in it. And four ponies, in royal guard armour and armed with spears, watching the tunnel. There are two unicorns, a pegasus and an earth pony Looks like our thieves aren't going to make this easy."

map

HectorSmash

Backlash's eyes grew wide.

"Four? Four heavily armed, well-trained guards, all watching the entrance? ...We should get something to blow 'em up with. Y'know, since they're all in one room, right? So we could just fill the room with explosions and fire and we'd be good to go."

Waaaghpower

"The way I see it, it's six on three," Thunder said, doing the math in her head. "Assuming we take them by surprise and Patent doesn't buck up the first shot with his crossbow, we'll have one down before they can even react. If Pale and Hazy can subdue the unicorn, I'm sure Backlash can take out the pegasus. That just leaves Plumber to distract the last one until Patent can reload and take him out. What's the problem here?"  She asked, getting her wingblades on properly.
"If nothing else, is there some way to at least incapacitate them? A spell or whatever that makes their head hurt or something to disorient them? That would make it a lot easier."

PrimeNumber

After realising she just knocked out two ponies, she begins to freak out, getting back up and pacing in circles trying to figure out something to do, she decides drag both of them in the closet, the door did not close properly and it ended up only hiding them partially. She then locked the door and began staring outside in the curtain's slight opening, looking out for anything possibly suspicious.

Walrus Man

"That feels too risky" Pale shook his head, "but I don't see any real alternatives unless you do happen to have a load of explosives stashed around here? I can incapacitate one of the unicorns with a drunkenness spell - both of them if I'm very lucky and they don't see me coming. That should have the added effect of distracting the other guards so we can catch them unawares."
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Mabbz

"We don't know how many more thieves there are behind that door, which could potentially make things more difficult," Hazy pointed out. "If we wait we might get a better opportunity. No sense in rushing head first into danger. In any case, we should get Miss Rose before going in."

HectorSmash

Backlash shot Hazy a worried look.

"Hate to say it, but she's not really the fighting type. I mean, I guess we could go pick her up if you guys think it'd be a good idea, but..." She shrugged, unwilling to say anything more.

Waaaghpower

"You're splattered with the blood of the two diamond dogs you just beat up. What do you mean, 'Not the fighting type?" Thunder asked, bemused. "Still, maybe we should head back to town to stock up on dynamite and get Rosie the... Something... er? I didn't think that pun through."

HectorSmash

Backlash chuckled grimly and flexed a front leg, nudging Thunder lightly.

"Heh, no, I meant Miss Rose, not me. I'd take on a manticore for the right reasons, no doubt about it. I'm just worried she'll get injured in the crossfire."