News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Hazy hugged Backlash awkwardly. Comforting mares wasn't something he had any experience with. "I wish I knew. This was never going to be a simple mission, but I wasn't prepared for this. What was the Princess thinking, sending civilians of a mission of national security? I get that some of the guard couldn't be trusted, but there must have been some that could besides us! I'm tempted to just report the mission a failure and be done with it."

Narric

"I've been doing this a fair amount of time" Cynder spoke to Pale. "First time working with such a large group, and civilians at that."

Focussing his mind, Cynder began to levitate the smaller of the two ponies. Lifting it off the floor, he carried it down and into the cell.

Mabbz

Thunder stalked into a nearby bar, hoping to forget the events of the last few days. Maybe she'd wake up at home and this would all be a nightmare. She barely noticed as she downed her first mug of ale, then a second. Her lack of money shook her out of her stupor though, as she couldn't afford a third. Damn. Time to do some begging then...

HectorSmash

Backlash sniffled and dabbed at her face with a fetlock, still clutching to Hazy.

"No! W-we can't give up, we gotta be heroes! We gotta..." she whimpered, running out of things to say. Instead, she bawled loudly into Hazy's shoulder, putting her weight on him and acting very much like a filly who'd scraped her knee and come running to daddy.

Mabbz

Hazy was silent for a while, patting the sobbing Backlash in what he hoped was a reassuring way. "We wont give up," he said eventually. "But we can't risk the others jeopardising the mission. They agreed to take part in this; they could have opted out. I say we give them a choice. If they don't think they can handle the stress, they can leave and we'll get this done without them. If they stay, they can stop complaining. Harsh but necessary."

HectorSmash

She quickly tried to compose herself, letting her tears slow to a trickle. Her breath came choking and heavy despite herself, as she slowly brought herself back to the Royal Guard both she and Hazy knew her to be.

"Yeah. You're r-right. We gotta round 'em up... make sure they don' get caught like Miss Rose or - or Patent. We gotta be honest with 'em. Treat 'em like equals. Right?" She smiled, eyes glistening with fearful hope.

Walrus Man

With the larger of their two captives spinning gently over his head in a dim aura of magic, Pale followed Cynder down into the basement. "C'mon big feller," he grunted. "Can't have you waking up, can we?"
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Waaaghpower

Thunder glanced back and forth, spotting a unicorn two seats down, who seemed to be alone. Silver mane, white coat,interesting curves. Scooting down a seat, she cleared her throat, not particularly sure on bar ettiquite.

The mare looked at Thunder, glancing her up and down before smiling. "Haven't seen you here before," she said. "You're not from around here, are you?"

Bolt blushed, the red barely standing out on her cheeks. "That obvious?"

"Don't worry about it," the mare assured. "You're not the only pony here from a small town. You'll get in the swing of things pretty fast." There was a pause, before she added, "I'm Mirthful Night. How about I buy you a drink, and you tell me how you got that nasty burn?"

Thunder nodded, smiling a bit. The pleasant buzz of the alcohol and the friendly stranger were helpimg her moid considerably. A beer was set down in front of her, and between sips Thunder said, "I, uh, fell on a stove while I was making breakfast."

"Uh-huh." Bliss said, giving a knowing smile. "And that's why you're at a new bar, in a new town, with no money, begging drinks off of strangers. Did you get in a fight?"

Thunder nodded sheepishly. "You should have seen the other guy."

"Well, what can I say. I'm a sucker for the young, dangerous type. You need another?" Thunder hadn't even noticed herdrink was gone until Mirthful pointed it out. She nodded. "So you ran away from home? How old are you, seventeen? Sixteen?"

Thunder blinked, lying quickly while in the middle of a drink. "Eighteen," she 'corrected.' "Birthday was a couple months ago." Mirthful smiled, and Thunder smiled back. It was almost magical how charming this mare was. Then again, if Thunder had checked she would have seen a cutie mark of a beer bottle entangled in bedsheets.

Three drinks and twenty minutes later, Thunder was in an excellent mood, which is when Mirthful asked the question. "Well, do you want to come back to my apartment for the night? I assume you don't have anywhere to stay tonight, and it's not safe to be out at night. There are some dangerous ponues around."

Thunder thought about it, before nodding. "You're right," she said. "I really don't have any friends in town to turn to."

They got back to the apartment at about eleven, and got into bed fifteen minutes later. Despite this, no sleeping took place until well past midnight.

So that's why everyone's so obsessed with sex, Thunder realized, idly. No wonder.
And then she drifted off to sleep.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

kingofmonkeys

Plumber stayed hidden in a dark spot in the alley muffling his with a hoof till he was sure that his pursuer had given up. Trotting out of the alley still sniffling and wiping at his tear-streaked muzzle occasionally, he set off to find a bar to steel himself for the task ahead. As he walked thoughts of how truly alone he was roared through his head everypony left him or pushed him away, with a sob he realized he'd always been alone, he had just been tricking himself into thinking he'd been happy . He paused glancing in a water barrel on the side of the street, the pony staring back was hardly recognizable, eyes red and puffy with deep worry lines ringing them, his glasses where filthy and his mane was beginning to form a tangled mess. Plumber sniffled and averted his eyes from his reflection, starting back down the street.
   After several minutes of aimless wandering, his misery welling up in his throat in gasping sobs, he spotted the sign for a small bar called "The Snoring Stallion" Plumber wiped at his eyes and stepped inside, the smell of oil lamps and spilled alcohol assaulting his senses as he looked around the small dimly lit room, this was the kind of bar he needed quiet, nopony would ask to many questions and he'd be able to buy a bottle with his remaining bits. As he slid onto one of the low cushioned stools the bartender glanced up giving him an appraising glance.
"rough day friend?"
Plumber nodded still sniffling slightly then emptied his bit pouch on the bar
"can I *sniff* get a bottle of Angry B-b-buck j-just keep the change."
   The bartender gave him an empathetic glance, sweeping the bits off the bar and producing a bottle, a lime, a shot-glass, and some salt.  The first shot hit Plumber like fire reminding him he hadn't eaten in some time as it burned down his throat and warmed his extremities. He grunted and continued his way through the bottle taking shot after shot of the golden liquid, his misery slowly melting in a haze of confusion. Now was the time, he knew he could get up the courage to do it now. taking the quarter empty bottle and slipping out of the bar while the bartender attended to other patrons Plumber made his way through darkened alleys, his sense of direction failing him wildly. Weaving and swaying he occasionally had to stop and lean against a wall to regain his balance taking pulls from the bottle as he did.
   A good half hour or so later Plumber was thoroughly lost and the bottle was thoroughly empty. He sat down in an alley in a pile of discarded cloth scraps letting the bottle fall from his grasp and shatter on the ground. His mind swam confusedly thoughts of oblivion returning to his mind his eye fell on a large bit of glass from the shattered bottle. he scooped it up gingerly the edge glinting in the moonlight. His mind set he held the edge of glass in his mouth and dragged it across his left front leg slicing a thin cut across the base of his ankle gasping as blood dripped down his leg. The bleed was slow and the cut inexpertly done. Plumber stared as the red liquid oozed out of the long cut staining his blue fur crimson. The pain began to cut through the alcohol and and Plumber began to regret his decision, moaning in pain. It hurt terribly and didn't seem to be doing much but making a huge mess. Pain Overtook his senses his mind screaming at him to stop the bleeding, save himself. Survival instinct began to awaken in Plumber and he began shaking as he saw more blood leak from his body.
"fuck fuck fuck.. this was a terrible plan Plumber you're such a fuckup you can't even get this right" 
   Plumber stood up in a flurry of motion. He hadn't lost enough blood to be dangerous yet he could still save himself and do...something Shredding bits of the now bloody rags on the ground he began trying to fashion a bandage around the cut eventually staunching the flow with several layers of bloody rag. Plumber was still feeling confused and unsure of himself, his leg and chest stained in blood and his mind reeling. what would he do now. He couldn't go back to the group and he couldn't kill himself, attempting to do it had made him realize how stupid of a plan it had really been. He stumbled out of the alley washing himself in a rain barrel trying to clear his head. The cut hadn't been very deep and he'd just made a mess. Plumber decided he needed to get out of the city streets. Deciding he needed to sleep off the booze that still made his head spin and his thoughts tangle. He set off into the cold night eventually finding a public park and laying down on a bench he drifted off into a fitful sleep shivering in the autumn air and dreaming strange dreams.

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

"Yeah, equals," Hazy said in a sincere voice. "I'm sure that they'll be fine once we're actually on the job again. After all, they didn't fall apart during the fight itself. Now we should probably all get some rest."

HectorSmash

Her smile was cut short by Hazy's suggestion of sleep. Even as she opened her mouth to protest, she realized the truth of what he'd said. She was in no state to round up anypony. She gave him one last squeeze before turning away in embarrassment.

"Thanks. An' don'tchu tell anypony 'bout this. You can keep two secrets, right?"

She went upstairs and found an empty room to crash in, not bothering to check in with anypony else or even remove her armor. Being emotional takes a lot out of a pony.

Narric

As Pale Ale levitated the bulky pony into the cage, Cynder climbed the stairs to pick up the Key. He brought it back down, and locked the two unconcious ponies inside.

"Well thats hopefully one problem solved." Cynder said faltly to Pale Ale. "Should we see if Thunder needs any healing magic? She had a scorched shoulder if memory serves. I assume she has claimed one of the rooms upstairs for the night?"

Walrus Man

"She went upstairs earlier." Pale frowned. "I imagine she's claimed a room. I meant to check on her soon in any case, she was in a pretty bad way. " He tugged idly at the collar of his mail shirt as he ascended the stairs out of the basement. "I don't know how eager she'll be for company though."
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Narric

"You know her more then I do. I'll see where Hazy and Backlash are at." Cynder said as he climbed the basement ctairs behind Pale Ale.

HectorSmash

She lay sprawled on her side across the bed in one of the upstairs rooms, still armored from head to hoof. She seemed to be using one of her own downy wings as a makeshift blanket, entirely forgoing the covers. Her mane, draped over her face, ruffled slightly with each serene breath; she was totally out of it.

(( Posting this as a blanket portrayal of how she appears if anyone should come into her room. Not much is gonna change unless you decide to wake her up or make a lot of noise. ))