News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dreadball

Started by silverfuge, December 15, 2013, 10:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverfuge

I had an intro to this game last night and thought I would pass on my thoughts. I have tried bloodbowl  a few times but never hit the second half as by that point I really want to live the rest of my life. This game has obviously taken my experience and learnt, which to be honest is a luxary that mantic have hindsight. So whats the first thing I noticed compared to bloodbowl which my club is running at the moment. Smaller teams (about half the size), less turns (14 compared to 28), a ref, cards and only 5 activations not every member being activated and only using d6. I still didnt manage to get into the second half due to the club we were at but we did 6 turns in 45-60 minutes and to be honest if we wasnt only using the one d6 (the guy teaching me forgot the dice doh) we could probably have fit the full game in. I found the stats and game play to be smoother and easier to follow, this made the game more enjoyable to be honest. My only real disappointment was I pulled 5 cards to help 3 were event cards which sucked and one for a striker which my team cannot field.  I would would suggest to try this game out.
Gm is God

Narric

I've seen this repeatedly on the Mantic website. It never appealed to me to be honest, though I guess that is my lack of enthusiasm for sports in general to blame.

Is it a game that can be quick to learn to play?

silverfuge

Yes it can be easily learned. I too don't like sports hence why most of his team was injured before I scored.
Gm is God

Arguleon-veq

I like the look of the teams and will probably give it a go, I think Bloodbowl still works fine though. Turnovers keep the game ticking along nice and quick, I can usually get a game done in an hour.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

silverfuge

The ones at my club usually take 2-3 hours but their usually veterns. For me dreadball seems to work better for me. I know horses for courses and I also feel Gw have zero support for bloodbowl, for instance only 9 minis to buy on their site is real bad.
Gm is God

Ravager Zero

I have a Forgefathers team for Dreadball.

The game itself feels fast and furious compared to bloodbowl and other similar sports games. The guys I game with can normally churn through a full game in about 1.5 hours (less if someone gets good back to back to scores). Not all cards are useful for all teams, but the more specialized teams tend to have better stats/abilities to make up for it. The cards, especially the Event type cards, really help add character to a match.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

silverfuge

I have orks and humans atm. We have void sirens for sale at club so may stretch for them and my mate has the terradons including dozer.
Gm is God