News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Eastward, Unto Dawn [RP Thread]

Started by Ravager Zero, May 02, 2012, 08:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravager Zero

Rolls

Murtan spared one last glance at the pyre as they left. Several of the bodies still had jewellery on them. Being dead, they were unlikely to miss those items, but he couldn't do anything while the others watched. So, with a heavy sigh, he turned south and began following Prae'tor through the sands. It was, to a man, a strange group of travellers. It seemed odd that so many would be drawn to the same event, but he had seen stranger things back in the western cities.

Further ahead, walking with Prae'tor, Farooq wondered why they were all so insistent on travelling during the day. For now, it was late afternoon, but surely they knew what the heat of the Firetide sun did to the sands. Perhaps he would bring it up when they stopped. Travelling at night would be so much easier. The air was cooler, the ground a little firmer, and one could always draw moisture from plants they passed. Some plants would even enhance their perception of reality. Others, however
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Leagues would be an overstatement, but next time you say forest, perhaps you should mean forest and not copse. If you think I'm soft, you can think again boy. I may not be the toughest here, but I've survived my fair share, including in the wilds."
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Mabbz

After watching Prae'tor and Murtan bicker for a moment, Dreylan turned to the others. "So, while those two argue for a bit, what do you all think our next move should be?"

InsaneTD

Tarrik tried some diplomacy before a fight could get started, 'Perhaps describing it as an oasis would of been better. Still, I'm glad of the water and the shade.'

He then turned to Dreylan, 'Resting while the sun is still so hot and moving on again once it has set. I would of suggested waiting back at the camp we found, but I didn't want to be so close to that much death.'

Vyper

'For someone so tough, you seem to complain an awful lot. Anyway, there is water here, shelter, fruit, not fully ripened, but a fair meal none the less. If we are going to find out what evil has encroached on these lands, then I suggest we stop these pointless arguments.'

Turning to the nearest tree, Prae'tor edged his way up the side of the tree until he came upon a cluster of kimri. He cut the cluster of with his knife, before tossing them down to the others.

'Here, try these.'

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Complain? Perhaps you should learn the difference between complaints and pointing out your poor terminology. I've had kimri before. I'm not native to these lands, but this isn't my first time in the east."

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Vyper

Taking another Kimri cluster, Prae'tor slid back down the tree and turned to face Murtan.

'Maybe we should learn from each other raher than pointing out faults. I am willing to forget the arguments and go back to square one, so to speak. Are you?'

And with that Prae'tor held out his left arm towards Murtan.

Railgun Convention

The White Lion rested against the shady side of one of the trees, watching the thief with interest. Whilst this certainly wasn't his first visit, Caffran didn't usually hang around in the east for longer than it took to acquire a slightly different identity after an unusually complicated job. What exactly, then, was he doing out here, in the desert? How badly did his last job go?

The lion drank a little more water, and pondered that he might also be somewhat out of place in a desert. The armour would make travelling during early afternoon even more awkward than it already was. Perhaps some modifications would be required if this was going to happen more often; perhaps a canteen integrated into the helmet, with a small valve to stop water escaping when it shouldn't? Lost in thought, the mighty warrior phased out of the conversation for a while.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

InsaneTD

Tarrik decided to ignore the two bickering for the time being. If they wanted to fight while everyone was resting, let them. He looked over at the armoured giant and decided to speak to him.

Walking over he asked, 'I understand you are from the west? What can you tell me about those lands?'

The Man They Call Jayne

Farooq climbed the tallest of the trees and looked around to see if there was anything that might give them an idea where to go, it was getting darker now, but there may have been something further south, it could have been a mirage though. He would check again in the morning. Grabbing one of the fruits while he was up there he clambered back down and drew his utility knife, a small but still very sharp blade. Eating the fruit he filled his canteen to the brim with the water nearby and then approached the group.

"We should in future travel at night where possible we will be able to travel further with risking the effects of the sun. Now, we need to set up a good camp, we also need firewood." He drew his axe. "I can handle that bit."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

El ShasOcho

Salman had relaxed a bit after he had gotten rid of the bonewyrm. He would have felt better if he had actually killed it though, as it was still out there.

"I can take first watch with someone. Hashinish, if you collect wood I will get the fire going."

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Fine, fine, just be more careful with your wording next time" Murtan replied with a small smile taking the proferred hand. "For now, I need to refill my flask and consider potential options"

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Railgun Convention

The Lion took a moment to phase back in. Then he spoke. "The East and the West do not share an awful lot of similarities. The land in the West is far more temperate than here; whereas here the tribes travel the plains and deserts, the west forms small settlements and sets up farms. The magick is also very different - Healing is significantly more powerful and direct, but its closest equivalent here, Moonsinging, has the ability to charm. Jin and Eryje are not known in the West; likewise, Seia has little power in the east.

"The cities, though... the cities have many similarities. The cuisine varies from region to region, but the streets are always the same. And the damn marketers always, always drive a hard bargain." The warrior huffed to himself. "There is plenty more I can tell you, but I fear I would never stop talking. You could probably write a book, scholar that you are - except, there's another difference - the East uses scrolls more than books."

The White Lion hauled himself to his feet. "In the mean time, I suggest that if we're going to be camping around here, we should set up some sort of perimeter, and work out who shall be on watch."
So how many crashes have I survived now?

The Man They Call Jayne

"I will take watch over night, the darkness is my greatest ally. Anyone sneaking up on us will find very quickly that they are not alone. 2 people should be on watch at any time though.Ii suggest 3 hour shifts."

Hefting his axe he moved to one of the smaller trees and began to hack the branches from it. The wood was suprisingly dense, which was of benefit to them as it would burn more slowly, lasting longer. It wouldn't be as bright, but using lots fo the smaller sticks and twigs would remedy that as they would burn faster.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

Tarrik listen intently to The White Lion as he spoke. He always found it interesting listen to other peoples points of view. Tarrik had only been to a city once, many years ago and had only spend a day. He hadn't visited the markets or much of the city really, but he had talked and traded with the 'vanners that his tribe traded with and he knew they liked to try and haggle you down.

When The White Lion commented on Tarriks scholary additude he smiled, 'I'm a warrior at heart really, my father insisted I learn as much as I could about our tribe and the skills of our people. I guess I've always taken that with me and tried to learn as much as I can from everyone.'

Tarrik stood up as well, 'I think it would be best to rest untill it's cooled off then travel for a few hours. Maybe we should see what the others think?'