News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Lady Jenna (NEW IG/AM!)vs. BEASTSTAR in "The New Recruits" (1500, 4/24)

Started by BigToof, April 25, 2014, 03:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

A force weapon did something? What is this witchery?! Don't ever let Natalia into a challenge again otherwise her luck will even out. In comparison I'm not surprised misfortune was such a success - I'd say it's got to be the one of the very best powers and divination is almost certainly the best table to roll on.

Looking forward to see what happens to the Farseers. I don't think they'll be impressed when they come to.

Cammerz

Fantastic report BT, and a very popular one by the looks of it.

The fluff is amazing as usual with Lady Jenna battles and Natalia is looking to be a fan-favourite, I certainly like her and look forward to seeing her again in future. I'm also particularly glad to see that the Baron has become amazing again, even if for different reasons.

Looking at your unit rundown I think I might need to try and fit a priest into my army, just to fearless my infantry, potentially another for my conscripts but who knows what'll happen with them. I'm a big fan of Russes myself but I reckon a Vanquisher requires a Knight Commander to be effective, BS3 vs re-rollable BS4. If you want something to fill the void you could always test out the various other Russes, or other tanks throughout the Heavy Support and Fast Attack sections.

Quote from: BigToof on April 27, 2014, 08:40:17 PM
Oh, and as for BT points:

Cammerz goes to LEVEL 3.

Jayne goes to LEVEL 1.

and

Mabbz goes to LEVEL 1.

I'm considering perks at this point :)

Anyone have suggestions?

I can make extra bits of fluff for a character you like or some other benefit if you'd rather.

Best,
-BT

Victory is mine, a few more battle reports and hopefully I can secure this lead.
Perks eh? This will take some thought, maybe I'll get back to you later.

Looking forward to seeing more,

Job's a good un!

BigToof

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on April 27, 2014, 09:45:14 PM
My question, you have a Psyker who's last name is Maximov and her first name ISN'T Wanda? Are they sisters maybe? Will she get a special red paint job perhaps?

Thanks for the reply Jayne!
I hadn't actually thought of the Wanda Maximov/Scarlet Witch connection, but Natalia does have red hair ;)
I was actually going with something that sounded like "Romanov" and Maximov sounded similar and kind of familiar...
But as you are the bearer of ONE BT POINT, I'll make a change and have red be her color of choice and (as soon as I find a decent model), she will be painted as such!
Oh, and I have made a list with Bullgryn and will be getting a match with them soon!

Quote from: Mabbz on April 27, 2014, 10:20:04 PM
Quote from: BigToof on April 27, 2014, 08:35:31 PM
As for the priestess... Wait...  Priests can be Attalian...  Priestess....

CLICK.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

You can take credit for the new girl, who will probably show up next episode :)
Yay! I'm helping!

Also, way to go Natalia. That is how a first outing should go.

Thanks for the reply Mabbz!
I hope you like the new character, and I'm glad Natalia is gaining some support.
She's fun to write.

Quote from: Tom on April 28, 2014, 09:52:24 AM
A force weapon did something? What is this witchery?! Don't ever let Natalia into a challenge again otherwise her luck will even out. In comparison I'm not surprised misfortune was such a success - I'd say it's got to be the one of the very best powers and divination is almost certainly the best table to roll on.

Looking forward to see what happens to the Farseers. I don't think they'll be impressed when they come to.

Thank you for the reply Tom!
I think Natalia won't be challenging for a while, not if she can help it anyway  :)
As for the Fareseers, I don't think they'll be very happy, but we'll see how it goes...

Quote from: Cammerz on April 29, 2014, 01:07:46 AM
Fantastic report BT, and a very popular one by the looks of it.

The fluff is amazing as usual with Lady Jenna battles and Natalia is looking to be a fan-favourite, I certainly like her and look forward to seeing her again in future. I'm also particularly glad to see that the Baron has become amazing again, even if for different reasons.

Looking at your unit rundown I think I might need to try and fit a priest into my army, just to fearless my infantry, potentially another for my conscripts but who knows what'll happen with them. I'm a big fan of Russes myself but I reckon a Vanquisher requires a Knight Commander to be effective, BS3 vs re-rollable BS4. If you want something to fill the void you could always test out the various other Russes, or other tanks throughout the Heavy Support and Fast Attack sections.

Quote from: BigToof on April 27, 2014, 08:40:17 PM
Oh, and as for BT points:

Cammerz goes to LEVEL 3.

Jayne goes to LEVEL 1.

and

Mabbz goes to LEVEL 1.

I'm considering perks at this point :)

Anyone have suggestions?

I can make extra bits of fluff for a character you like or some other benefit if you'd rather.

Best,
-BT

Victory is mine, a few more battle reports and hopefully I can secure this lead.
Perks eh? This will take some thought, maybe I'll get back to you later.

Looking forward to seeing more,

Job's a good un!

Thanks for the great reply Cammerz!
I'm glad this rep seems to be going well and that Natalia is becoming somewhat popular.
The Baron is going to be back, don't worry, as he was just amazing this time around and is a great turn 2/3 problem solver.
A tank commander sounds interesting, and I'll probably give him a try once I finish my Bullgryn game.
Have you had any luck with him yet?
Of course, once "7th" edition comes around we might have to change everything (again)...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Scoutfox

Well I'm glad that I was wrong about the outcome. Congrats on the win.

What was your favorite new/changed unit so far?

If you're coming up with names the MOO needs one. I plan on having one in every list no matter what. I'm biased because that was my job in the Army. He's one of the few models I haven't converted yet for my traitor guard.

Saw the new bullgrns at my LGS yesterday and they are really cool looking. Hope they perform well.

BigToof

Quote from: Scoutfox on April 30, 2014, 10:14:51 PM
Well I'm glad that I was wrong about the outcome. Congrats on the win.

What was your favorite new/changed unit so far?

If you're coming up with names the MOO needs one. I plan on having one in every list no matter what. I'm biased because that was my job in the Army. He's one of the few models I haven't converted yet for my traitor guard.

Saw the new bullgrns at my LGS yesterday and they are really cool looking. Hope they perform well.

Thanks for the reply Scoutfox!
It's really great to see you around again, as you were the one who brought me in here :)
My favorite new/changed unit would have to be the Psykers, as they're so much more powerful (for the moment) and really feel useful than they were.  Of course, I haven't tried or seen most of the new units yet (and who knows what the new edition will bring).
The MoO is certainly one that I'll be keeping for a while...  I'll have to look for one.  Do you have any suggestions?
Bullgryn were fun!

BTW, new rep coming out now!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3