News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The War Saga: Prelude (OOC Thread)

Started by Waaaghpower, April 25, 2015, 12:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Names are kinda easy for me, its the characterisation that sticks me :P
Someof the names I've come up with in the past :P
Spoiler
- Zeberen Netch
- Atlas Cobalt
- Zack Hellsing
- Benjamin Summers
- Bolivia Trent
- Helen Sharewater
- James Alcaren
- Luarana Curtis
- Luke Scattercall
- Steven Choice
- Rahin
- Magnus Orvaque
- Kaiden
- Railen Finoth
- James Ranford
- Jhing
- Mearth

Waaaghpower

Heh. Names.

Real quick, can you look at what gear I've given you and make sure it fits with what you were thinking?

(Also, now that rules for combat are up, lemme know if those make sense to you. :D Thanks!)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

Finally got a majority of the kinks out of my character :P

Spoiler

Name: Korus Hensen

Physique: 37Agility: 25Intelligence: 40Mind: 38
HP: 100Energy: 100Sanity: 100

Career: Inventor
Talents: Artificer, Persuasion, Skills: Melee (Large Hammer), Blocking (Shield Buckler),

Equipment:
"Thunder" Hammer, Engraved Buckler on Left Arm, Exoskeleton on Right Arm, Generator Pack, Leather Jacket, Comfortable clothing, Dagger, Artificers Tools,

Bio:
Korus was just starting to make a name for himself. His Clockwork and Spirit powered devices gave him a small measure of wealth. His business seemed a small jewel of hope amongst the Eastern states, and he often had customers come a great distance for his devices. But his supplies from the West became increasingly expensive, and so too soon was his business suffering.

Before he lost everything, he closed his workshop for good to the public. Every unfinished personal project was dismantled and every resource at his disposal taken stock, including his own possessions from his house. He designed and built a continuous energy generator that he could wear on his back, and connected it to a specially designed hammer that would unleash a terrifying electric shock when swung with force. It was a hefty tool of force, and so he cobbled together an exo-skeleton of sorts. It bolstered his strength, allowing him to carry the hammer in one hand.

Korus was no fool. He knew that the weapon would be slow even with his augmented strength, and more likely to get him killed by itself, so he used a majority of his remaining funds to commission a local smith to build and engrave with runes a buckler to help him defend himself. This buckler was positioned on his left arm, and left his hand free to move, to better grip the hammer with both hands when needed.

He packed his bags, and left for the west. Hoping that he will find someone to "persuade" into bringing some stability and coin into the Eastern States.

I feel like there is something I'm forgeting :P

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Narric on May 03, 2015, 10:25:07 PM
Finally got a majority of the kinks out of my character :P

Spoiler

Name: Korus Hensen

Physique: 37Agility: 25Intelligence: 40Mind: 38
HP: 100Energy: 100Sanity: 100

Career: Inventor
Talents: Artificer, Persuasion, Skills: Melee (Large Hammer), Blocking (Shield Buckler),

Equipment:
"Thunder" Hammer, Engraved Buckler on Left Arm, Exoskeleton on Right Arm, Generator Pack, Leather Jacket, Comfortable clothing, Dagger, Artificers Tools,

Bio:
Korus was just starting to make a name for himself. His Clockwork and Spirit powered devices gave him a small measure of wealth. His business seemed a small jewel of hope amongst the Eastern states, and he often had customers come a great distance for his devices. But his supplies from the West became increasingly expensive, and so too soon was his business suffering.

Before he lost everything, he closed his workshop for good to the public. Every unfinished personal project was dismantled and every resource at his disposal taken stock, including his own possessions from his house. He designed and built a continuous energy generator that he could wear on his back, and connected it to a specially designed hammer that would unleash a terrifying electric shock when swung with force. It was a hefty tool of force, and so he cobbled together an exo-skeleton of sorts. It bolstered his strength, allowing him to carry the hammer in one hand.

Korus was no fool. He knew that the weapon would be slow even with his augmented strength, and more likely to get him killed by itself, so he used a majority of his remaining funds to commission a local smith to build and engrave with runes a buckler to help him defend himself. This buckler was positioned on his left arm, and left his hand free to move, to better grip the hammer with both hands when needed.

He packed his bags, and left for the west. Hoping that he will find someone to "persuade" into bringing some stability and coin into the Eastern States.

Maybe that I'm already posting this on the first page? :P
(Third post down, all the characters and their gear. Also, the new combat mechanics are two posts down.)

The Man They Call Jayne

I suppose I could rock something up sonce the halting of Ravs Firma RP.

What kind of position do you have for a one man destruction engine?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Waaaghpower

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
I suppose I could rock something up sonce the halting of Ravs Firma RP.

One man destruction engine? Well, I'd like to include a sorcerer or two who isn't controlled by the GM. They can be pretty flexibly destructive as needed!

The Man They Call Jayne

Sounds like a plan. Sounds like a plan for Ja'nus MkII in fact. Because it worked so well the first time :P

Waaaghpower

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 03, 2015, 11:01:10 PM
Sounds like a plan. Sounds like a plan for Ja'nus MkII in fact. Because it worked so well the first time :P
Do you need help with character creation or anything?

Mabbz

Or the fact that two talents and two skills, when you should have four and ten respectitively?

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
I suppose I could rock something up since the halting of Ravs Firma RP.

Actually, I seem to have gained control of that RP. Ravs sent me some details and I'll try to update it in a few days.

There's always room for a one man destruction engine. Especially Ja'nus.

The Man They Call Jayne

Quote from: Waaaghpower on May 03, 2015, 11:06:51 PM

I probably will, but I will put more thought into it tomorrow as it is past midnight now and I am in no mind to think about numbers.

Lots of magical power and smarts, not so much about being tough and punchy. Good use of all different kinds of offensive magicks, if there is any bonus to certain elements then I shall probably focus on one or two. That kind of stuff.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 03, 2015, 11:39:41 PM
Quote from: Waaaghpower on May 03, 2015, 11:06:51 PM

I probably will, but I will put more thought into it tomorrow as it is past midnight now and I am in no mind to think about numbers.

Lots of magical power and smarts, not so much about being tough and punchy. Good use of all different kinds of offensive magicks, if there is any bonus to certain elements then I shall probably focus on one or two. That kind of stuff.

There are no 'Elements' per-say, (as in Air-bender type 'Elements' of magic,) and in fact all magic functions mechanically the same. However, magic is classified within certain types and practices, and the Talents system as well as the way runes on weapons work function as a way of dividing up types of spells. ('Black' and 'White' magic are generic terms for destructive and restorative magic, for example. There are magic disciplines for controlling air, water, fire, and earth, but those are no more unique than, say, Kinetic magic for controlling inertial energy, or gravity magic, or clairvoyance, or time manipulation. (Just to be clear: Time manipulation is really, really, really hard. Time travel itself is essentially impossible, short of building a magic vessel the size of a castle covered in precise runes describing exactly what the spell intends to do, cast by an impeccable Sorcerer, with a thousand human sacrifices to charge it. The really good Time Sorcerers might be able to slow things down a bit, or speed them up, or maaaaybe put themselves or someone else in stasis for a while. Just so that's clear. If anyone wants to be a Time Sorcerer it might be pretty cool, but they'd have to have that as their career, as a Talent for every spell they want, and have your main weapons all be suited for it if they wanted to have a chance at getting it to work.)

Narric

This talk of time manipulation reminds me of Never End :P

Quote from: Mabbz on May 03, 2015, 11:08:09 PM
Or the fact that two talents and two skills, when you should have four and ten respectitively?
Oops..... Uhm XD

Lemme go back to the drawing board for a moment XD

The Man They Call Jayne

Gravity Magick? Sold. How much can that be abused in terms of realistic science here? Can I compress matter to the point of creating a mmicro singularity kind of thing? Or am I pretty much at the "levitation and making it hard to move" level?

Waaaghpower

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 04, 2015, 11:01:29 PM
Gravity Magick? Sold. How much can that be abused in terms of realistic science here? Can I compress matter to the point of creating a mmicro singularity kind of thing? Or am I pretty much at the "levitation and making it hard to move" level?

When in doubt, the rule of thumb is: Real world, imaginary power source. A micro singularity would take a lot of power and precision, but is totally doable. E=MC2 in this universe as much as any other, so creating gravity from nothing might be too costly, but I'm gonna say that, with care and difficulty, it'll be possible to focus or reflect gravity.

Waaaghpower

I should add: I AM NOT A PHYSICS MAJOR. Nor a Physics Minor. Nor a physics Miner. And, as of my last birthday, I am not physically a minor. I don't know how gravity works particularly well, besides "Massive things attract other things to them". I might not be a good judge of how difficult certain spells or abilities might be. Therefore, most of my calls will be for game balance rather than accuracy, since I couldn't get accuracy if I tried.