News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Scratch-built Terminators (7 complete)

Started by Narric, June 13, 2012, 06:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Well, I think I should show you guys a relatively large project I kicked out the other night. I was sitting around at home, alone as my GF was at work, and I had a boatload of parts from eBay to use.

With no further guilding of the lilly and with no more ado, I present to you my Gamma Pattern Terminators

They're still very much a work in progress, but I think I'm doing rather well so far. ^_^

Comments and critism are welcome by all.

I think I should explain the random Letters (I'll expand this section when I make new stuff up for each Terminator):

S - Sergeant Telkon

A - Brother Vetrio

M - Brother Borin

B - Brother Hector

T1 - Brother Albert

T2 - Brother Charzo

T3 - Brother Signus
Latest edition to the squad. He was well trained in the 3rd Battle Company, a trait that makes him look "stuck up" whn compared to his slightly easier going battle brothers.

T4 - Brother Velk

Eagle eye

Rarity Declis

They show a lot of promise.

A few things though:

1) Those chests look far too small and out of proportion to the rest of the Terminator parts. I'd suggest using Green Stuff to make them larger, or actual Terminator chests.

2) Some of those Storm Bolters look, frankly, ridiculously large compared to those Power Armoured arms. They're from Rhinos, aren't they?

3) Shoulder pads look great! Remind me of the older style Terminator suits. Perhaps add those leather straps hanging down?

4) These aren't dieting Marines! The waist looks a tad thin.

5) The chest pieces look very good. However, some of them look like they've simply been attached to the front, rather than part of the armour.

6) All above said, the poses are great, and a good paint job may change all of that.

Narric

*cracks nuckles and neck*

I'll start off by aying this aren't 100% complete, but they're certainly usable, somewhat.

Quote from: Lupercal Declis on June 16, 2012, 08:27:22 AM
1) Those chests look far too small and out of proportion to the rest of the Terminator parts. I'd suggest using Green Stuff to make them larger, or actual Terminator chests.
If you look to the guy who's top right of the picture, you can see that I will be GS'ing them.

2) Some of those Storm Bolters look, frankly, ridiculously large compared to those Power Armoured arms. They're from Rhinos, aren't they?
T2 and T4 are from vehicle sprues, yes. I had to scrounge parts. :(

3) Shoulder pads look great! Remind me of the older style Terminator suits. Perhaps add those leather straps hanging down?
That may be a great idea for hiding the shoulder joints :D

4) These aren't dieting Marines! The waist looks a tad thin.
I've tried to cover that problem with plenty of magubines in the waist area. Aside from that, I'm not sure what i can do.

5) The chest pieces look very good. However, some of them look like they've simply been attached to the front, rather than part of the armour.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean..

Are you talking about how the shoulder gaurds look in relation to the torso? if thats the case, I had to attach them to the back, where the power-pack would've gone. Very fiddly

6) All above said, the poses are great, and a good paint job may change all of that.