News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Lady Jenna vs Imperial Knights in "When Seamus met Jenna..." (1500, 7/17)

Started by BigToof, July 08, 2017, 02:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lady Jenna vs Imperial Knights in "When Seamus met Jenna..." (1500)

Hi All,
You may all be wondering what's keeping the next rep, and the honest answer is that I've been having a hard time making a list.

Reading all of the FAQs and internet conventional wisdoms, I saw that shooty guard seemed to be the way to go, but the game didn't support making my old lists.
Squads were all ten-man, you couldn't blob up, and my commanders felt pretty naked without the disposable bodies they could previously hide in.

Then, it hit me in a whisky-filled nightmare that involved me as Hermione Granger promising her friends that she'd never marry someone as weasley as Ron Weasley and if she did, she'd give her children proper names like Emma and certainly not plain or unimaginative names like Rose or Hugo.

A shadow loomed over us and children went screaming as the gigantic figure of Lord Commissar Seamus O'Keefe blotted out the sun.

"YOU THERE!" he boomed, "WHAT'S KEEPING THE BATREP?"

"Well, I sputtered," doing my best to keep the enormous bolt pistol holstered, "It's harder than it looks you know.  Everyone wants Lady Jenna, but she doesn't have her old powers and all the websites say that you should just take plasma, conscripts and arty with spam on the side."

"AND WHAT DO YOU WANT?" said the giant, producing a foul-smelling cigar the size of a battleship.

"I...  I'd like to get stuck in once in a while, really."

"GOOD.  GOOD.  THEN SEND ME IN."

"I...  I can't do that Seamus.  There'd be riots.  Virtual riots, but riots nonetheless."

There was a laughter that made the ground shake, "NOT JUST ME.  PUT JENNA IN TOO.  AND THAT BALD-HEADED LAD THAT EVERYONE LIKES."

"Wait...  Jenna and the Baron?  But...  The Baron's still with the genestealers and Jenna's a psyker and..."

"PISH-POSH.  MAKE IT WORK."

"But..."

"MAKE.  IT.  WORK."

Then a huge clump of ash the size of a house fell on me and I woke up.

And then...  I made this monstrosity of a list.

---------------------------------------------------
So...  You requested it, so here it is.

1500 points.

Lady Jenna.

But, with guest star Lord Commissar Seamus O'Keefe!

I've built a list of things the interwebs dubbed decent, with a smattering of things I had to try out.

(AKA Bullgryn?  Madness!)

My opponent has brought out his sort-of-tried and true Imperial Knight list.

Knights are pretty nasty this edition and besides the fact that they really can't do well on objective missions, they are hella killy.

I only hope I can do well enough to make this one a close affair. (ah... phrasing...)

So how did Jenna and Seamus do?

Was there epic battling or was it just a shameless beatdown?

Read. On.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Fluff first for mass conjecture, then rep!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guards, Guards and Guns (1500): 111 Infantry 3 Vehicles; 9CPS
Lady Jenna's Marauders (Battalion Detachment)
-Lady Jenna Mordheim (Primaris Psyker w/Force Staff)
-Seneschal Jack Hawkins (Company Commander)
-Baron von Oberheim (Tempestus Prime w/Power Sword, Command Rod)
-Militarum Tempestus Command Squad (Scionsx4 w/Plasmaguns)
-Tempestus Scionsx5 w/Plasmagunsx2, Plasma Pistol
-Lady Saigo's Rough Riders (Rough Ridersx10 w/Hunting lances)
The 2nd Auric Battalion AKA O'Keefe's Hellions (Battalion Detachment)
-Lord Commissar Seamus O'Keefe (Lord Commissar w/Bolt Pistol, Power Fist)
-Tank Commander w/Punisher Cannon, Heavy Boltersx3
-Priestess Yuki Mishima (Priest w/Power Maul)
-Bone'ead Hilda's Numskulls (Bullgrynx5 w/Bullgryn Mauls, Slabshields 210)
-Commissar w/Bolt Pistol
-Commissar w/Bolt Pistol
-Conscriptsx25
-Conscriptsx25
-Conscriptsx25
-Basilisk w/Earthshaker Cannon, Heavy Bolter
-Basilisk w/Earthshaker Cannon, Heavy Bolter

Questor Imperialis AKA Imperial Knights (1500): 3 LoW (SH Detachment); CP 6
Knight Paladin w/Reaper Chainsword, Rapid-fire Battle Cannon, Heavy Stubbersx2, Ironstorm missile pod
Knight Crusader w/Avenger Gatling Cannon, Thermal Cannon, Heavy Stubber, Heavy Flamer, Twin Icarus Autocannon
Knight Errant w/Reaper Chainsword, Thermal Cannon, Heavy Stubber, Stormspear Rocket Pod

--------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------
Chapter One: A Rose By Any Other Name
-------------------------------------------

Seneschal Jack Hawkins didn't like any of this affair.  It was bad enough to have to rescue Baron von Oberheim and Lady Saigo from a band of lunatic Genestealers, but it was something entirely else to decide to interfere with an ongoing conflict by a total madman.

Jack glanced over the hastily thrown-together Imperial Guard camp that made up one of the last reserves of Imperial presence on Acix IV.  It was clear that the "famed" Battalion had seen better days and the men lining the walls were barely soldiers.  Their armour was ill-fitting, their demeanor unprofessional and he had sworn that one man had his bayonet on backwards.  How they had held on for so long against any opposition was mind-boggling. 

He took a sidelong gaze at his Captain, the Lady Jenna Mordheim.  She was clearly also having some polite gesticulating at the locals, her perfect platinum blonde hair twirling slightly in the breeze.  The men around her gave off toothy, lustful grins and it took all of Jack's internal grit not to knock those looks off their faces.  But, Jenna was wearing one of her nicest dresses and she had a body that Jack knew could even make the most stalwart ignore the covertly kept psi-inhibitors in the collar.

Lady Jenna Mordheim was one of the most powerful psykers in the sector, and if she needed to, Jack was sure she could turn any of the ponces inside-out.  But, that would be rude, and rather unseemly to their hosts.  Still, the thought did cross his mind and Jenna sighed and gave him a somewhat disappointed look with her piercing violet eyes.  Jack blushed and reminded himself that stray thoughts around a telepath weren't often kept to oneself.

As they neared the officers' tent, he took a moment to straighten the overdone-looking Seneschal uniform and kick the mud out of his heels.  So, he wasn't looking up and almost ran straight into the enormous Ogryn guarding the tent flap.  Jack hadn't seen it around the corner, and it took his mind a few moments to fathom what he was looking at.  The monster was nearly two men's height and wider than three with a face that only a mother could love.  Standard Ogryn fare really, but the pigtails and spattering of white paint on the cheeks that could only pass as horribly failed attempts at makeup were what was throwing him.  Jack had thought that Ogryn must have had females in order to reproduce, but it was one of things you tried not to think about, like what the Warp was really like if you stood outside the Geller Field.

The enormous thing snorted, looked down and said in a growling voice, "Officerz only."

Jack paused and then stammered, "Uh...  We're... Ummm..."

Then, he almost gasped when he saw Lady Jenna step forward and place a delicate hand on the Ogryn's arm.  "Hello, my name's Jenna.  I believe we're expected."

The Ogryn paused, looked up and stuck it's tongue out, clearly trying to remember a detail that was deeply ensconced inside the shell-sized casing of a skull.

Then, when Jack was almost certain that all was lost, a booming voice from inside said, "Hilda!  Don't let our guests wait too long.  Let them in!"

The Ogryn nodded, and said, "You got it Keefer!" before parting to the side and allowing Jack and Jenna passage into the quite-packed tent.

Jack entered first, stepping over half-opened crates containing shells and ammo and paused when he saw the imposing figure smoking a foul-smelling cigar.  A peaked hat and dark greatcoat made him easily recognizable as a commissar and the stern, scarred visage of a man aged to Imperium perfection stared back with a twisted grin.

The Seneschal coughed and started to recite his prepared speech.  "Ah, yes.  Greetings and well met, honored Lord Commissar we are..."

And that was when Jenna stepped forward and said in a barely-heard whisper, "Seamus?"

The Commissar blinked a few times and then walked forward, taking off his hat and taking the cigar out of his mouth.  His voice turned down from it's previous roar and almost human-sounding words came out, "Jenna?  Is that you?"

Seamus O'Keefe took the Captain's hand and a few quiet moments passed as they stared at each other with a familiarity that made Jack's hands itch.

Finally, Jack coughed to break the moment and said, "I take it you two know each other?"

Jenna blushed, and pulled her hand back.  The Commissar shook his head as if waking from a dream.

Jenna nodded and said, "Yes...  we've... met."

O'Keefe muttered in half-astonishment still staring at Jenna, "You...  you haven't changed at all."

The Captain was about to respond when Jack interjected, "Well, then I'm glad we've had this chance to become reaquainted.  You distress call, Lord Commissar, we heard it and came.  We can evacuate you and your men."

The Commissar blinked and then let out a hearty laugh, slapping Jack on the back with a casual blow that nearly bowled him over.

"Evacuate?  No, lad, nothing of the sort.  The Soriatus left a while ago for some sort of crusade or what-not, and we found out there was this scuffle involved with some heretics.  Nearly have them sorted out."

"Nearly?"

"Yes, lad.  I've still got men and guns and they've got us surrounded."

"Wait... that's sorting them out?"

"Of course, lad.  Hard for them to run away if they're readying to pounce on you.  The call was for anyone to join in for the glory."

"Commissar, you are aware that there's Knight-Titans on the field?"

"Of course lad.  Means that we've got them outnumbered."

"I...  I..."

"A moment, Jack?"

Jack turned to see Lady Jenna in the corner of the tent, a hand on her lips indicating that she needed his attention.  Nodding politely at the Commissar, Jack stepped over to his Captain.

"Jack, you're not going to be able to convince him.  Seamus has never been reasonable in that way."

"But, they're going to be massacred.  He has to see that.  For the good of his people we have to..."

"Jack, what did you see out there?"

"In the camp?  A bunch of raw recruits with surplus gear fighting a war they cannot possibly win."

"And did they look downtrodden?  Hopeless?"

"Well...  Now that you mention it... no."

"That's what this war means to them.  For them, this is a final chance to fulfill their duty and prove that their life has meaning.  To simply force them to leave would be a fate worse than death for them."

"But, it's..."

"Weren't you the same, when you were in the Guard?"

Jack paused, as old ideological memories came flooding back in, the pride of seeing the Aquila, the first time he brought down a rampaging war machine, the cries of victory.

Jenna nodded as if appreciating the memories.  "So you see, Jack, we're going to have to help them.  Seamus...  I owe him that much..."

Looking down, Jack started to see a tear forcing it's way out of his Captain's eye, and he was about to brush it away when the tent flap was torn open and the Ogryn stuck her head in.

"KEEFER!  DA BIG GOONZ ARE COMIN'!"

O'Keefe laughed, putting his cap back on and his cigar in his mouth.  "Good, right on schedule."

The Commissar stomped over and threw an arm around Jack and Jenna.
"Come on now you two, we've got a war to win!"

Pre-Game Thoughts: Wow, Guard are different in 8th.
I've got a lot of infantry.  But, they're not high quality.
Except for the Storm Troopers...  I mean Tempestus Scions.  (Why must everything be so wordy, GW?)
Hopefully, I can keep them busy with throw-away units and then run out the clock.  I just hope we don't actually have to count on taking down a knight (two dozen 3+ save T8 wounds???), but you never know.
I have no idea how half the units in my army will work, but that's why we're playing...

Mission: Retrieval (4 objectives)
Setup: Spearhead Assault
Psychic:
Jenna: Gaze of the Emperor, Psychic Barrier, Smite
Warlord:
Jenna: Tenacious survivor (ignores wounds on a 6)
Paladin: Legendary fighter (+1 attack if charging)

---------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Mabbz

So you have a hundred and fourteen models, and your opponent has... three.

Huh. Should be interesting.

I haven't seen the new missions yet, so I have to ask, how many are there, and how many are kill points? 'Cause if this is kill points, then you need to annihilate to win, since no way are they going to kill less than three units.

Also, not a fan of Ron/Hermione or their name choices? At least Rose and Hugo are better names than Albus Severus.

Cammerz

I think it's absolutely for the best that the Baron was rescued from those genestealers, the combination of these characters is a most welcome sight to behold.

How these 114 models will cope with the three Lords of War is beyond me, I haven't looked into the 8th edition rulebook but I would be astonished if a lasgun had a chance of damaging an Imperial Knight. I can see this battle hinging on a few of your units, like the Basilisks and anyone with a plasma weapon.

But we'll see, I'm certainly liking all of the fluff so far.

Mabbz

I don't have the rules for knights in front of me, but at a guess they'll have some ludicrously high toughness, a 2+ save, and possibly some kind of feel no pain equivalent. Since everything can wound now (even S3 against T15) it'd be hitting on 5s (for conscripts), wounding on 6s, with all the saves. Assuming 5+ FNP, that's a 0.006 chance per shot. 75 conscripts with two shots each (orders) works out at... just under one wound per turn.

Yeah, better hope the big guns do well.

Cammerz

Well BT did mention in his first post "two dozen, 3+, T8 wounds", so slightly easier than that but not by much. Although I'm not overly fond of the idea of conscripts being able to take out titans but I can always fall back on 6th edition.

Waaaghpower

This is... Not gonna go well for the Guard player, unless they can tank it out and hold objectives. I predict tha only one Knight will die - Barely - On the bottom of turn 2 or top of 3. Without knowing mission type I can't predict a victor.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

At the risk of sounding needy, will this be updated soon? I'm looking forward to reading the report.

BigToof

Quote from: Mabbz on July 20, 2017, 10:43:34 AM
At the risk of sounding needy, will this be updated soon? I'm looking forward to reading the report.

Real life kicked 'Toof hard in the shins.

HARD.

But, now I'm back!

Thread updating soon...

I've got the next few games ready too (Dark Eldar!) so that should hopefully shorten the delay.

Thanks for the patience!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

BigToof

Proof of work!

Setup:

Hmm, 8th is a lot different for setup.
You alternate dropping units down.
I put the Baron and all in reserve, so that was my required 3 as my opponent put his Errant front and center flanked by the Paladin and more shooty Knight.
I had managed to get the side with two objectives in the corner, there was one in my opponent's backfield and one in the center of the board.
I put the Bastilisks in cover (2+ save?  I'll take that) very well obscured by ruins and then filled the rest of my space with Conscripts with a center of Ogryn and Characters scattered around with one Commissar to each flank and Jack and Jenna near the front (but not... too close).  O'Keefe and the Priestess went behind the Ogryn.
I... once again failed to seize and the game began!

(Slight pause as I work on the other rounds...  C&C if you like!)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

BigToof

REP IS DONE.

Please forgive any mistakes, but please let me know what they are!

First game with IG and all...

Enjoy and let me know what you liked/didn't like/words of encouragement are greatly appreciated!

Best,
-BT
------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------
Turn 1: Imperial Knights
----------------------------

Lord Godfrey Highland of House Terryn shook his head at the straggling band of Guardsmen that stood across the field from him.  There was no glory in this fight.  There was no honor.  This would be a slaughter.

"Morgaine," he said gruffly over the comms, "Are you certain that you relayed the terms of the surrender properly?"

There was an exasperated sigh and the high-pitched voice of Countess Morgaine Ironwood came over the lines, "Yes, Lord Godfrey, their response was, and I quote, 'If you lot want to give up, that's fine, but yer missin' a hell of a scrap.'"

A snort broke into the conversation as Darian Lightward, Knight Errant, spoke, "I daresay Morgaine, your tone probably put them off.  Heavens knows it does with me.  Godfrey, these people, as misguidedly loyal to the Emperor they might be, are in our way.  House Terryn expects this planet to be under our control and this rabble is certainly not.  Let us just crush them under our heels and be done with it."

Godfrey grunted.  The younger man was insolent, having barely earned the right to sit in the chair of Knight, much less to speak to the Countess in such a manner.  But, he wasn't entirely wrong.

"Very well," said the elder Knight pilot, "We've given them their due opportunity to avoid this mess.  Let's at least make it quick."

The Errant advances forwards, looking menacingly at my front line.
The Paladin goes to line up shots at the Basilisks.  The Crusader shuffles over to try and get shots at the Basilisks as well, but is too far.
The Paladin opens up on the arty, but the shots don't do very much.
The rest of the fire goes towards the Tank Commander, but the big tank holds firm (barely).
Stubbers start to cut apart the Conscripts in the front.

Then, the Errant decides purely on a whim to try to assault the Conscripts.

And with a MASSIVE roll, it succeeds!

I then realize that O'Keefe is a few inches too far away, as the Conscripts get sucked into assault and almost half are stomped to death.
The rest of the Conscripts are then removed during morale and the Knights gain FIRST BLOOD.

Picture Caption: Man, that... really sucked.

-------------------------
Turn 1: Imperial Guard
"Commissar!  Commissar!"

O'Keefe didnn't need to turn as he heard the rushed footsteps of Seneschal Hawkins behind him.

"Something on your mind, Hawkins?"

Jack stumbled to a stop, brushing past a few mostly maimed Conscripts who were fleeing the field.
"The day is lost Commissar, we have to leave the field?"

Lord Commissar O'Keefe stirred slightly and Jack sudenly realized that he had potentially insulted a man who was given the Emperor's allowance to bolt pistol him at the slightest grievance.  But, instead of confrontation, the Commissar just let go with a hardy chuckle.

"Lost?  Lad, we have them just where we want them.  Hilda!"

Bone'Ead Hilda jumped to full attention and let go with a howitzer of spittle and bawling.

"GET STUCK IN!"

The ground rumbled and Jack tried to keep his balance as a tidle wave of Ogryn slammed into the huge Knight.  The Titan wobbled a bit and then the Ogryn started to smash into one of it's legs.  Heavy Power Mauls did their work and the massive machine fell to one knee.

Jack heard a sharp ringing sound and saw the Priestess, a strange Attalian dressed in blue, ringing a small bell.  The sound filled him with a odd sense of calmness and he was startled when O'Keefe spoke.

"Good enough.  Hilda!  SHIELD!"

The Bone'Ead nodded, dropping down and raising up her Slabshield.  Then, with amazing speed, Lord Commissar O'Keefe ran forward, raising his Power Fist.  As he hit the shield, the Ogryn underneath lifted, sending the Commissar high and into the face of the kneeling Knight.

Jack watched the tiny, glowing man hit the Knight with a lightning bolt of an attack and there was a might explosion.

Looking away, he was shocked to hear laughing and twisted around to see O'Keefe being put down by the Ogryn who had caught the man.  Refractor field trembling, the Commissar lit a new cigar on the burning rubble of titan and looked defiantly at the other two Knights downfield.

Perhaps they had a chance after all...

--------------------------------------------------------
Right, enough's enough.

I have two choices.  I can roll over now or just pray I can get enough wounds on the Errant in hopes that mass plasma can save me.
Since 'Toof has never been the roll over and die type, I decide to go for broke and just push up all the infantry.
I drop in the Baron and the Stormtroopers (er... Scions) around the Knight for extra plasma goodness.
Jenna puts a +1 armor buff (+1 save??) on the Ogryn.

Shooting is fairly impressive as I let go with orders and the Conscripts put out about ONE HUNDRED shots (4 shots EACH) and do... about four unsaved wounds to the Knight.  The Basilisks and Punisher manage to knock it down to just under half.
Baron's crew then outdoes that by getting about the same number of wounds with just plasma.  But, that still leaves all three Knights up who, although wounded, will be pounding my face in shortly.

So... with not a little bit of trepadation I move O'Keefe and the Ogryn up to assault.
The Ogryn absorb overwatch with ease and then put everyone to shame by getting about TWENTY of the attacks to hit.  O'Keefe also hits with almost all of his attacks and in end then end, the Errant is BROUGHT DOWN (and thankfully doesn't blow up), though just barely.

Picture Caption: Did... O'Keefe just punch out a Knight??

Turn 2: Imperial Knight
"Morgaine!  Take the Backfield!"

Countess Morgaine twisted in her cabin, putting out the flames that burst from her control panel.

Damnable Guard, they had set up a trap and Darian had fallen right into it.

"Godfrey!  I'll take care of them, you hold the front!  We'll make them pay for Darian!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Knight player is taken aback by the loss of the Errant, but realizes that all that plasma has to go.
The Crusader moves over and single handidly almost destroys all of the Scions (man, that thing has a LOT of guns).
The Paladin fires shots at the Ogryn, but their massive save just bounces off the shots.
The Knight tries an assault, but is just a bit short.

Picture Caption: Ouch, I shouldn't have put the Scions so close I guess.

-----------------------
Turn 2: Imperial Guard
-----------------------
How did this happen? thought Baron Oberheim.  This was clearly not his fault.

His Scions had hit with precision and even though he had said with some trepidation and not nearly enough confidence that his plasma squads could destroy a Knight, the latter was clearly armed with some sort of heretical upgrades that kept his squads from doing their duty.
Anything else was unacceptable.

Panting, he ran into cover and swore to himself.  If anyone knew that he had done the sensible, but somewhat unmanly thing of moving to a more secure location, he would not hear the end of it.  Luckily, there wasn't a chance of...

A whinny brought his eyes to the back of the ruins and a squad of familiar horses with barely washed riders waved at him.

Emperor help me, the Baron thought, how did these things keep happening to him?

----------------------------------------------------------

Well, second time's the charm right?
I move up everyone else again, but I do have to move the Punisher up as it's out of range.
I also move the Baron out and he orders himself to double move into the corner out of sight.  I decide to also bring out Lady Saigo in the backfield to protect the Baron and coincidentally ensure Behind Enemy Lines.
Jenna's buff goes off well again.

Shooting is sadly more lackluster.  I do some damage to the Paladin, but not nearly enough.  The Ogryn then charge in, but O'Keefe wiffs his charge and the big guys just don't do enough damage, managing to bring the Paladin down to around half its wounds, but then the Knight hits back and rips apart a few of the Ogryn.

Picture Caption: That did... not go as planned.

-----------------------
Turn 3: Imperial Knights
-----------------------
Lord Godfrey roared with satisfaction as his Reaper Chainsword cut another one of the brutes in half.  Darian would have his revenge this day.

Glancing at his readouts, he saw that Morgaine had done her duty in the backfield.
All they needed to do was just hold out and grind them down...

---------------------------------------------------------
The Crusader goes over to root the Baron out of hiding and the Paladin walks out of the assault (oh yeah... they can do that...).
Mass shooting goes into the Ogryn, but they weather the storm, but just barely.
The Paladin assaults in and rips apart all but Hilda, who does no damage, but holds the line!

Picture Caption: Man, can Ogryn take a BEATING.

------------------------
Turn 3: Imperial Guard
------------------------
"Come out here and die like a man!"

Countess Morgaine sighed as the Guardsman she had chased into the ruins failed to emerge.  Taunting was a last resort, but her Crusader was barely holding together and the last thing she wanted was to risk a knee actuator stomping through a roof.
But, if the situation needed it...

Then, a strange sound came over her comms, and she shook her head.

It must have been static, but she could have sworn it sounded like a horse...

------------------------------------------------

If you can't win with substance, win with numbers.
I pull Hilda out of assault and move up the Conscripts.  I also move Lady Saigo out of cover to try and delay the Crusader.

Shooting is kind of lackluster, but it's enough to chip off some wounds from the Paladin, but I get a surprising number of hits from the Basilisks, which shatter the Crusader, leaving it on just a few wounds.

In assault, I bury the Paladin in Conscripts.  The Conscripts get +1 attack from the Priestess and actually do a wound while the Paladin stomps some of them back.
Lady Saigo then charges in and I find out with some surprise that Rough Riders now have TWO wounds.  The horses brave the Heavy Flamer and manage to stick just enough Hunting Lances in to fell the Crusader.

Picture Caption: Lady Saigo did WHAT?

At this point, the game is pretty over, but my opponent goes though the motions, stomping Conscripts while I go to camp objectives.

We call the game at the end of Turn 5, with the Paladin still ringed in by my tiny men.

RESULT: Imperial Guard Victory!

-------------------------------------------------------

Post-Game Thoughts: Wow, are Guard different.

The stars of the show were the Ogryn, who did great but then meh, but the first attack really did a number on them.
But, they wouldn't be able to do that without having buffs from Jenna, the Priestess, and O'Keefe and that's a lot of points tied up...

The Conscripts were fun tarpits at the end, but boy did they fall apart turn one when I had misplaced them.

The Basilisks also deserve mention as they did solid damage on the big Knights each turn and once parked behind cover were kind of ignored.

Surprisingly, the Scions didn't do that much damage and kind of fell apart too easy, although I probably misused them...

And of course, I did find it hilarious that Lady Saigo was able to put the candle on the cake by proving that Rough Riders can still do something...

This was a lot to digest and I hope it was at least an interesting read...

Comments and Critiques are greatly appreciated!

Oh, and btw... ELDAR are NEXT.

----------------------
Epilogue
----------------------

Jack stared in awe as the last Knight quit the field, knocking off the Conscripts clutching to its legs with ease.

They had just done the impossible.

"Not entirely impossible, Jack."

The voice brought him out of his shock-filled reverie and he saw Lady Jenna, looking downfield at Lord Commissar O'Keefe with his Ogryn celebrating with the Conscripts, Lady Saigo and a bedraggled looking Baron Oberheim.

"They are a rather odd bunch, but then again, aren't we all?"

Her tone of voice brought a quiver of fear over his spine and Jack muttered, "Captain... You can't be entertaining the thought of bringing them with us, are you?"

"It would be rather rude to force them to stay, Jack.  The Knight will be back and without our help, even the mighty Seamus O'Keefe won't win that day."

Realizing that it was all but set in stone, Jack proffered, "But... there's a chance they won't agree..."

Then, as if on cue, O'Keefe shot a smirk in his direction and Jack could feel Lady Jenna respond to it in a way that made his very being spark with jealousy.

"Jack, I think that'll be the least of our worries..."

BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Well that was fun, I particularly enjoyed the imagery of O'Keefe putting an end to the Knight Errant and I'm glad that Saigo made a solid impact of her own.

I suppose the loss of blast templates makes the Earthshaker Cannons somewhat less risky as you can no longer scatter off onto your own men, they're almost like snipers against large targets now, I like to imagine the shells striking the Knights around the shoulders and exploding there, that'd explain the lack of casualties on the ground.

As always you've got some great characters and I love the writing, particularly with the Baron. I'd love to read some interaction between him and O'Keefe at some stage, given that they'll be working together now it shouldn't be too unfeasible.

Congrats on the win, I almost didn't expect you to pull this one off. I eagerly await the next one.

Job's a good un!

Mabbz

Quote from: BigToof on July 20, 2017, 09:47:09 PM

HARD.

But, now I'm back!

Thread updating soon...

I've got the next few games ready too (Dark Eldar!) so that should hopefully shorten the delay.

Thanks for the patience!

Best,
-BT
Sorry for pestering you. I hope whatevers going on in real life is all sorted now, or gets sorted soon.

Now, on to the report!

Did you reference wonder woman using O'Keefe?  :D

Great batrep as usual. Those ogryn really looked dangerous. What did their save get to in the end?

Glad to see rough riders aren't useless any more. I spent way too much money converting Scout bikers for mine.

On an unrelated topic, my GW is running a campaign for the Fate of Konor thing. As part of it they asked us to send them some fluff about our characters on facebook. I may have based my Tau Coldstar Commander and fireblade on Maximus and Sigmund.

BigToof

Quote from: Cammerz on July 22, 2017, 08:56:51 AM
Well that was fun, I particularly enjoyed the imagery of O'Keefe putting an end to the Knight Errant and I'm glad that Saigo made a solid impact of her own.

I suppose the loss of blast templates makes the Earthshaker Cannons somewhat less risky as you can no longer scatter off onto your own men, they're almost like snipers against large targets now, I like to imagine the shells striking the Knights around the shoulders and exploding there, that'd explain the lack of casualties on the ground.

As always you've got some great characters and I love the writing, particularly with the Baron. I'd love to read some interaction between him and O'Keefe at some stage, given that they'll be working together now it shouldn't be too unfeasible.

Congrats on the win, I almost didn't expect you to pull this one off. I eagerly await the next one.

Job's a good un!

Thank you for the kind words Cammerz!
I really do like the Baron and O'Keefe working together, so I'm glad you are too.
The arty is really, really good in this edition, and they're a lot safer...
I didn't know you were a Saigo fan, but I'll keep her around too :)
I really thought I wasn't go to pull this one off, and although it looks like it wasn't that close, it was literally got down to the last wound on taking those knights down.

Quote from: Mabbz on July 22, 2017, 09:15:37 AM
Quote from: BigToof on July 20, 2017, 09:47:09 PM

HARD.

But, now I'm back!

Thread updating soon...

Thanks for the patience!

Best,
-BT
Sorry for pestering you. I hope whatevers going on in real life is all sorted now, or gets sorted soon.

Now, on to the report!

Did you reference wonder woman using O'Keefe?  :D

Great batrep as usual. Those ogryn really looked dangerous. What did their save get to in the end?

Glad to see rough riders aren't useless any more. I spent way too much money converting Scout bikers for mine.

On an unrelated topic, my GW is running a campaign for the Fate of Konor thing. As part of it they asked us to send them some fluff about our characters on facebook. I may have based my Tau Coldstar Commander and fireblade on Maximus and Sigmund.

Thanks for the reply Mabbz,
Sharp eyes, that was a Wonder Woman reference.
I loved that Movie.  Diana has been a character that I've really loved through the years and I was glad that she finally got her chance to shine.  Though not a perfect movie, it's easily my top 5, and I highly advocate going with your girlfriends for a great girls' night out.
In any case, don't worry at all about poking me, I was really lost for a bit and the rep really did brighten my day (finally get to make something instead of just grinding metaphorical gears all day...)
And I'm really honoured you decided to emulate Maximus and Sigmund.  They're great characters and I hope you do wonderfully.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Quote from: BigToof on July 22, 2017, 02:35:11 PM
I didn't know you were a Saigo fan, but I'll keep her around too :)

Honestly, it's Rough Riders that I really like more than their character. I like that the unit is able to cause huge amounts of damage on the charge (as well they should) and having them bring down what is effectively a titan just shows that this edition is treating them right.