News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

6th edition Tau stealth army

Started by Pottsey, July 01, 2012, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unusual Suspect

I know we now how some majorly awesome cover saves... but we've also lost a serious deal of long-range defense.

At their toughness, 2+ armor saves aren't that hard to force, especially from a glut of small-arms fire...  fire that can now reliably see and hit them from anywhere on the table, so long as there is LoS and Night Fighting isn't in effect.  Of course, Stealth Suits benefit from Night Fighting ONLY when the enemy is 36" away.

I don't know yet if I'll appreciate the more reliable Awesomesauce Cover save more than the You Can't Touch This immunity from all but barrage weapons found in 5th's night-fighting rules.  Anyone tested this?  Anyone finding difficulty in attaining that base 5+ (or better) cover save to provide our XV-25s with that sweet, sweet 2+ cover?
I you private dancer.

The Man They Call Jayne

I played a couple of games yesterday, had a good amount of terrain and had no trouble maintaining a 2+ cover save the whole game. 2nd game they died on the Deep Strike attempt. :(

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Unusual Suspect

How well is the variable assault move working in keeping the suits both in range and out of the worse of harm's way?
I you private dancer.

Pottsey

Quote from: Unusual Suspect on July 08, 2012, 03:48:50 PM
How well is the variable assault move working in keeping the suits both in range and out of the worse of harm's way?
Extremely useful due to premeasuring you can perfect the moving 18

Charistoph

Quote from: Brother Perturabo on July 01, 2012, 10:04:36 PM
Another good idea. Which begs the question what the hell do they look like?

To lexicanum!

I always pictured them kind of like this: http://images.wikia.com/paragon/images/4/4c/Warhulk1.jpg.  They are totally space dependent and would need a suit that would keep them in zero g while in the g field of a planet.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."