News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

6th Ed and Psychic powers.

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, July 08, 2012, 05:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Had my first few games of 6th yesterday, Tav v Space Wolves (xeno victory, huzzah). The issue of Powers came up. I was under the impression that all Codex Powers were now replaced with 6th Ed Core Book Powers.

When checking the Space wolves FAQ to find the Rune Preists Mastery level, there was no reference to it, or which disciplines he could take, and all the Codex Powers were still listed.

How does this work?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Unusual Suspect

First Page of the Space Wolves 6th ed FAQ, 3rd subsection labeled "Psychic Powers" tells us a few things.  First, that rune priests (including the special character Njal Stormcaller) may use the new Biomancy, Divination, and Telekinesis disciplines.  Second, that it is an option of replacement, not a necessity.  Third, that if any powers are replaced, ALL powers are replaced by the 2 randomly generated core rulebook powers.

Second page of the same FAQ, 5th subsection in the right column, under "Page 53 - Njal Stormcaller, Master Psyker", it explicitly states that Njal is of a Psychic Mastery Level 2.

Third Page, first subsection in the FAQs section, answering the question of "What Mastery Level is a Rune Priest?" provides the answer:  Mastery Level 1.  Master of Runes are Mastery Level 2.  They both know 2 powers.

All 3 entries are in Pink text, signifying new changes.

Even if this were not stated, the Core rulebook has an explanation for how to determine Mastery Levels even if the entry does not.  See Page 66, under the subsection titled "Establishing Mastery Levels" that does exactly what it states.

Page 418 in the core rulebook, in the section "Generating Psychic Powers" explains the process of generating psychic powers from the core rulebook, IF you choose to utilize those powers rather than the codex powers.

I you private dancer.

The Man They Call Jayne

Huh, my laptop must have glitched and only shown me one page. The faq I saw was only about a page long and onlt had a single pink entry. My mistake then. Cheers :D :pint:
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Unusual Suspect

Cheers as well.  I can only imagine they chose not to divulge the psychic disciplines of the various armies in the core rulebook (note: at least, I've not found them yet) is to allow them to mess with the particulars of discipline choices when the 6th edition codices are released.

"Whoops, did we forget to give the Tyranids race Biomancy?  We Can Fix That."
I you private dancer.