News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

1st Auric Battalion vs. Lady D in "Portals of Love/Hate" (1500pts, 5/23/12)

Started by BigToof, May 24, 2012, 01:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Hi All,
Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: Rej on June 01, 2012, 06:02:01 AM
Good Report! I like that Vasily knows she isn't dead, he won't be sleeping for a bit!

On a side note, last night I dreamt we played a game against each other bigtoof, your name was blue... Anyway, you were playing Space Wolves and I was playing Dark Eldar, we never finished the game but I remember enjoying it immensely. We were playing on the floor for some reason, near some stairs... I think the stairs were part of the game... who knows? Either way, thanks dreamtoof!

Thanks for the comments on Vasily, Rej.  I know Lady D gives me the chills.
And er... you're welcome for the pseudo-game :)

Quote from: Cammerz on June 01, 2012, 06:43:58 AM
Great report BT, is there no way to destroy a fully pain-tokened-up Grotesque squad with Lady D? I would have thought that mass-lasfire would do something just through full weight of fire.
But never mind, as long as you destroy the rest of your opponent's force then you win.

I must say I really like how the Baron is always a last-man-standing but still kicks dyi.

I'm glad the Deathstrike was able to do some damage, a pity it didn't obliterate the deathstar but at least it was useful.
I'm greatly looking forward to your next rep (as always),
Keep up the good work,

Job's a good un!

Hi Cammerz!
Glad you liked the rep.  The Baron was also fun to write.

The Deathstar was just... impenetrable.
How many lasguns would it take to down a Grot?
Well, let's see, given that you usually have to do 7 wounds (spread amongst 3 wound allocations types).
That means lasguns need 6's.  And they have to get through 4+ cover and FNP.
Oh, and I have to hit!
So that's 7x6x2x2x2
Which is... 336.
I think we're going to need more batteries.

Quote from: Sanguinius on June 01, 2012, 07:15:49 AM
Another great report Bt! Just one thing though, the deathstrike is ordinance barrage, so can't it indirectly fire at anything past 12''?

Thanks for the reply.  Actually, I think the Deathstrike can ONLY fire indirectly, and that range that you mention is it's minimum range.
It's maximum range is something like many board lengths.  So I'm not too worried about being out of range...

As for what's coming up, it looks like the DE movement is pulling ahead with the Orks firmly behind it.
I'll see what I can do.
If 6th comes out as early as it is...  Well...  I'll have to work on that too :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

El ShasOcho

Well that was certainly an effective method of using the missile.

Pulling it off at the end as usual toof. Just needed to add a little drama for us folks at home. Excellent write as usual. However, I would much enjoy seeing an ork bat rep, especially one with new flyers. Pweease???? 0:)

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

BigToof

Quote from: Brother Perturabo on June 02, 2012, 05:27:50 AM
Well that was certainly an effective method of using the missile.

Pulling it off at the end as usual toof. Just needed to add a little drama for us folks at home. Excellent write as usual. However, I would much enjoy seeing an ork bat rep, especially one with new flyers. Pweease???? 0:)

Thanks for the reply!
I'm glad you liked the usual rep and I was going to make an Ork flyer rep, but 6th is coming really really soon, so I think I might just put things off until it lands...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

El ShasOcho

I can see that being an issue. I think there is going to be a collective holding of breath on all fronts until 6th is released, can't wait though.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in