News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

ZealotMinis Summer Sneak Peek

Started by Thantos, August 13, 2012, 04:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

Thought id let 2S know whats coming up (or just released!) over at Zealot Minis ;D

First off, minigun arms for the Lobster Assault droid! Left or right. They also come with a shoulder attachment which i managed to fit onto an old dread i had lying about ;)

Then the classic demon is out today, old skool sculpt by John Picford. Nice and imposing ;)

Clear muzzel flashes are out and look great if i say so myself!

Female arms to go with the heads and bodies. Out next week. Variety of poses, may sort out a backpack next and some alien female legs. Had to use some GW ones in this pic  ::)

Excuse my scribbling ;) but also have a beastman done in putty, coming out shortly. May sort a shaman out too later. By the talented Olivier Buchette

So thats all for now ;) Be sure to check the store and support a student live for another year  ;)

Rej

I'm eyeing purchasing a couple of the battle droids. Do they have any other weapon options? Like, does that minigun fit on the arms? Any pictures? And would the arms be easy to magnatize?

I'm just thinking they'd be great for an Admech force.
Phew...

Thantos

At the moment the droids come with 2 chainsaws, then can be upgraded with miniguns. The minigun fits on the arms at either the shoulder or possibly the end of the arm, although that wasnt planned to fit at the end of the arm :P
You need to trim the shoulderpad ideally, for the minigun to fit nicely and for a good range of motion.

Would be easy to maganatise :D I plan to do one myself in a dramitic pose soon, once i paint up whats on my desk at the moment. Metals, ad-mech reds and hazard stripes im thinking :D

Toad

I'm glad those mini guns are now in production, may use a set myself! :D

Rej

Excellent. So these are released now? I'll probably put aside some funds over the next few weeks and pick a couple up. Are there any plans for more weapons?

I'd love to see pics of the one your thinking of doing!

EDIT: Did Zealot used to do jet/jump packs? What happened to them? I was hoping to use some for gun servitors (Like imperial gun drones).
Phew...

Manatee

Oh Thanatos, that bot is fantastic! I'm loving that you're still hard at work making people in the hobby feel inferior. ;D

Also, does your company sell some of your models in bits? I'm somewhat tempted to make use of those legs for a potential Legio Cybernetica conversion. That or i'll just use it as inspiration and some regular sentinel legs hehe.

Thantos

Me too Bizza :P Takes ages to get 3d>resin lately!

Quote from: Rej on August 19, 2012, 01:17:20 AM
Excellent. So these are released now? I'll probably put aside some funds over the next few weeks and pick a couple up. Are there any plans for more weapons?
What weapons would you like? :P
I'd love to see pics of the one your thinking of doing!
It will float around showcase when i start him ;)
EDIT: Did Zealot used to do jet/jump packs? What happened to them? I was hoping to use some for gun servitors (Like imperial gun drones).
Yea had those, may return in a month or so, along with perhaps a certain jetbike xD

Quote from: Manatee on August 21, 2012, 05:13:12 AM
Oh Thanatos, that bot is fantastic! I'm loving that you're still hard at work making people in the hobby feel inferior. ;D
Gotta do something model related :P Since not so much time for painting nowadays :(
Also, does your company sell some of your models in bits? I'm somewhat tempted to make use of those legs for a potential Legio Cybernetica conversion. That or i'll just use it as inspiration and some regular sentinel legs hehe.
At the moment we dont do a bitz thing =/ the moulds are for complete minis, so id have lots of uncomplete mech parts around the place if i sold bits xD

Glad to see your still around manatee, people have missed your dougony face :P and good luck with the Legio Cybernetica

Rej

Quote from: Thantos on August 21, 2012, 11:11:50 AM
Quote from: Rej on August 19, 2012, 01:17:20 AM
What weapons would you like? :P

Maybe a plasma equivilant? Or maybe something that shoots big lasers? I didnt have any specifics haha, just curious! I plan on magnatising anyway though so any future weapons would end up being useful!
Do 2S members still get a discount? I just got my tax back you see...

EDIT: Maybe a cannon of some kind? Something that would remind me of Metroid Prime. Or something hectic with 3 Barrels! And is there an instruction manual for putting the droids together? I looked at the assembly guide and it said coming soon... Any PDF's? or?
Phew...

InsaneTD

Vyper

Quote from: Thantos on August 21, 2012, 11:11:50 AM
Yea had those, may return in a month or so, along with perhaps a certain jetbike xD

Got any pictures of those jetbikes lying round?
Going with my DA force, I had a (possibly) great idea to replicate a certain character if it was feasible.