News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Atlernate Cultist Options

Started by Narric, December 26, 2012, 04:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

This is one of my older posts on my blog, and I figured I'd share it here now. Some of it will sound a bit strange, but thats becuase this is a copypaste over :P[though if you want to help support my Blog, click here first :P]

When I first heard of the 6th Ed Chaos Codex, I was actually hopeful GW would put them back in, and in that respect, they delivered. However, I feel they have totally failed when it comes to army building side.

C'mon GW, do you really expect us to fall for a 5-man box for

Chicop76

Necromunda also have plague zombies or at least mordenhiem does. Plague zmbies can be used for the Plague Cultist.

That being said I think Dark elves with human heads would also fit the bill. They com off as exotic, but it works.

Will's on Fire

Good thinking Skeith! I like the flaggelents idea, although that's a lot to do with the fact I really like their models. XD

Aren't Infinity models smaller scaled than 40k models though? They might look out of place. :)

- Will

Chicop76

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on December 26, 2012, 11:10:07 PM
Good thinking Skeith! I like the flaggelents idea, although that's a lot to do with the fact I really like their models. XD

Aren't Infinity models smaller scaled than 40k models though? They might look out of place. :)

- Will

Migh as well use deathcult as well if you are going to use them. Daemonhost would be cool to use and would fit with the cultist look.

Narric

Deathcult wouldn't really work, as there are only two model designs :P

Daemonhost odels I'd use would be for any Cultist Champions that roll Spawnhood :P

Zen

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on December 26, 2012, 11:10:07 PM
They're a little bit taller and since they're slimmer, the look taller-er.

Here are some of my suggestions:
1) Mantic Games's Corporation if you want a more uniformed and organized Cultists. You can even use these to represent Renegade Guardsmen. You could even mix it up with their Ghouls and Zombies ranges to create some nifty and economical Plague Zombies.
2) Wargames Factory offer some Death Krops of Krieg look-a-likes but painted the right way and they would be the very image of the servants of Chaos. It's also quite reasonably priced and they also have some heavy weapons that also come with an officer or two if you really want to build up a Traitor Guard army.