News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Teutonic Knight

Started by Tom, August 30, 2014, 11:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I'm still painting, just slowly - I've recently started playing Infinity and this is my first mini (and my lieutenant at the moment). Forgive the quick camera work:

Just a quick share.

Chris

Now that, is a nice white!

Looks amazing!

Mabbz

Why can't I paint that well :'(

I'm afraid I have no constructive criticism. Bravo!

Narric

Jonagon

Nice! Love those minis.  Are you doing much other PanO stuff?

Tom

Thank you for the compliments guys, I'm very happy that you like him.
Quote from: Jonagon on August 31, 2014, 08:02:47 AMAre you doing much other PanO stuff?
I'm just starting to play infinity but I've got quite a few minis already... I've had the military orders starter set for ages but only just got around to painting it now. I must admit my enthusiasm for the sculpts has meant I now have a large selection of military orders and Acontecimento sectorial minis. Have you painted much Corvus Beli? I think I've only seen you paint GW and Privateer Press stuff.

Jonagon

I'm just about to start painting my first, hopefully go to wayland games launch weekend later this month.

Will's on Fire

Looking sweet as always Tom!

What do you think of the models, how are they to assemble and clean up?

- Will

Tom

They need a little more care to assemble and clean up than heroic scale minis but that's just a trade-off you have to make for miniatures with proper scale and lots of detail. I pin most metal things as a habit now, which is a little more difficult with smaller arms but still very achievable.  The mold lines are very small so they're easy to get rid of and the hardest thing to do is make sure you don't accidentally remove some of the finer details along with the mold lines.

As a whole all the models I've had a good look at so far are excellent with lots of layers and textures in the metal and interesting and usually dynamic poses too.

Quote from: Jonagon on September 01, 2014, 06:06:55 PM
I'm just about to start painting my first,
What are you going to start with Jonagon? I hope to see the results.

Jonagon

Um Penthesilea is her name.  Just for painting, maybe I'll try and do a WIP plog!