News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Aerodynamics are heresy!

Started by Mabbz, July 21, 2014, 09:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

You thought Imperial aircraft designs werent sensible before? You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Chris

So much herp, it's actually derp!
It just looks like a mini (half) caestus assault ram...

salamut2202

Looking at the bottom of the craft, I'm guessing there's an anti-grav component like that of the landspeeders?

Didn't this chapter have a fear of flying or is that just me?

Railgun Convention

It's okay, it's not flying! It's falling with style!

Wait, that might actually scare them more...
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Sorck

I think someone should put the GW flying miniatures in some wind tunnels and see just how poor they actually are. :P

To be honest I don't like it all that much. Then again, I haven't liked any SM flyers really. It looks a lot like one of their previous flyers with a box on the end...

Thantos

Nope, give plastic stormbird or GTFO  >:(

Ill have to make one myself at this rate. Hmm...

Chris

Even the forge world 30k stuff looks cooler ( not all that surprising as its fw.) At least theirs look vaguely flyable

CoffeeGrunt

There's a reason I'm using PuppetsWar for my Guard Fliers.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Kur'os

My first though was a baby Caestus assault ram as well...  There are a couple SW players in my area, so I'm sure I'll see one or two of these sputtering around.

That's a very pretty model CoffeeGrunt.  Could use some loot'n though.  ^ ^

-Kur'os

CoffeeGrunt

Pretty enough that after some proxy playtesting, I'm getting two. :D
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

Why loot the Dragonfly when PW sells perfectly good Orkish Flyers?

To be fair, aerodynamics in model design is often non-existant. The Corvus Assault Carrier is a brick with flippers: