News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Space Hulk Mk 2

Started by Chris, September 10, 2014, 08:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hey all!
So, word on the street is that Space Hulk is up for release on the 13th of sept. I'm rediculously excited about this as I missed it first time round and the mini's were excellent!
Its currently unsure whether its a re run or a brand new release, but I'd be happy with either!

http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-40k/space-hulk-returning-edition-games-workshop/

Yup! It appears to be a complete re-release!
Sign me up for that!

Cammerz

I'm liking the sound of this, I may well pick up a copy this time. Looks like it's the same models as last time but that's hardly a bad thing given the great quality.

Narric

Looks like a re-run, as the contents is identical to the previous re-release.

How curious, as I could've sworn they said it would be a one time resurfacing of the old game :P

Thantos

Deffo buying it this time around :D Must keep updated.

Sorck

Oh why do I have to play Blood Angels now. :'(

I may get a copy... it'll be costly but I would at least have the models then.
Quote from: Narric on September 10, 2014, 10:07:03 PM
How curious, as I could've sworn they said it would be a one time resurfacing of the old game :P
Oh they did. Don't expect GW to tell the truth though.

Someone who bought the 2009 one on the basis it was a one time release could potentially threaten GW with legal action over it. :P

Chris

Quote from: Sorck on September 11, 2014, 10:22:47 AM
Someone who bought the 2009 one on the basis it was a one time release could potentially threaten GW with legal action over it. :P

I'm not convinced... They've added more in, which while it does take the rip a little, it is still a different product!

Narric

What have they added? From what I saw, the contents was the same. I admittantly didn't read the BoW post, as I personally am only interested in the models, rather than rules and background to them :P

Thantos

Maybe its Deathwing expansion with space hulk OoooOOooo. Wheres the info on this?

Tom

It's in the link Chris posted:

"What's inside...

English Only Re-Release of the 2009 Version
    4 New Scenarios
    New Counters including – Boarding Torpedoes, Breach Counters, Damaged Control Room & Turbo Lift Tiles
    32 Easy Fit Models including – 22 Genestealers, 1 Broodlord & 12 Space Marine Terminators
    189 Board Sections + Gaming Counters alongside the rulebook with 16 scenarios."

I'm a little annoyed because I only recently bought a second hand copy because I regretted not buying the game when it first came out. That said, I did still get a pretty good deal and I've enjoyed it so far. I also get to repair and revive some pretty terribly painted minis... or is that a bad thing?

Cammerz

Well it's up for sale, £75, hmm maybe not then, student living and all. Here's the link for the rest of you though;
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Hulk

Chris

Cheers Tom, saved me some effort...

Preordered mine today. Got the email,
'Dear Mr Jhoar Mumm, you order has been placed'

Sometimes, spammy names when ordering to a store can be fun!

Tom

$190 AU is more than I paid second-hand 6 months ago... I can't remember the original 3rd edition price but something tells me it was less than that. I'm not even annoyed about the re-release any more but I imagine anyone who was keeping a copy as a long-term investment is now very unhappy.

Sorck

By around 1230 BST it was no longer available available from GW UK... So there pre order stock ran out in under a day. That's a poor show if you ask me.

Well I'll have to see if my local retailer is getting a copy or few in.