News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Gunline Tau v Mech Tau at 500pts - which is better?

Started by Stewie Griffin, June 01, 2012, 08:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewie Griffin

Thanks very much for that :) Those are certainly some interesting combinations!

My friend is still finishing his A Level exams (last one is on the 19th I think) so unfortunately we're gonna have to wait before we can do any proper test battles, army lists and so on. In the mean-time I'm making a number of lists for different armies I fancy doing for the Tourney  - Tau being one, Eldar being another, and Dark Eldar being the third haha, so if you fancy helping me out with any of them feel free.

Carrelio

I don't know about eldar, but I do know that markerlights on work on Tau.  They don't even work on everything in the Tau book, just the Tau.  No BS5 kroot or vespid.  Hopefully the psychic powers from eldar stuff will synthesize...  cause that could get nasty.

Tom

Doom will still work to give Tau re-rolls to wound against a doomed enemy unit as the rule says 'all hits caused upon that unit gain a re-roll to wound'  but the other Eldar support powers Guide and Fortune only work on an 'Eldar unit'.

knightperson

Quote from: Tom on June 10, 2012, 06:21:47 AM
Doom will still work to give Tau re-rolls to wound against a doomed enemy unit as the rule says 'all hits caused upon that unit gain a re-roll to wound'  but the other Eldar support powers Guide and Fortune only work on an 'Eldar unit'.

That depends entirely on the TO's ruling. By True Letter Of The Law you would be correct, but a team tournament is going to need very specific rules for how that works, and True Letter Of The Law is only one of several options. The only large scale team tournament rules I've ever heard of are the ones used each year by Adepticon, and in those rules nothing would cross over between an Eldar team and a Tau team. But that's only one option, which is why suggested getting clarification before building an army based on possibly-invalid assumptions.

I would so love to see markerlight-assisted Bladestorm, though!
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.