News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1000 points BA

Started by Zackdanials, January 21, 2014, 12:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackdanials

Hey all, just a quick list I've thrown together for an upcoming game against my regular Orky opponent and I was looking for some constructive criticism.

So it's a 1000 pt's apiece and my opponent will have large amounts of foot slogging Orks led by a war boss in a nob squad. I also expect killer kans and deff dreads.

Librarian: Epistolary, Jump Pack

Sanguinary Priest: Jump Pack

10x Assault Marines: Flamer, Sgt. w/Power Weapon, Melta Bombs

10x Assault Marines: Infernus Pistol, Sgt. w/Power Weapon, Melta Bombs

10x Tactical Marines: Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter

Baal Predator: Twin Linked Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer Sponsons

Well first off I'm definitely outnumbered, but I've got two fast moving squads with FNP and a librarian hopefully with unleash rage/might of heroes for a little extra punch. The tactical squad will sit on any home objectives and pick off any Orks it can while the Baal predator can either support the RaS or outflank if I'm feeling cocky. Oh and the only reason the second assault squad has an Infernus pistol instead of a Flamer is I only have the one Flamer wielding model :(

Feel free to tear it to pieces, for replacements I've got termies, death company/librarian/regular furioso's, death company with and without jump packs, chaplains, Sanguinary guard, land raiders, dreadnoughts and even more bog standard tactical marines.

Any help would be grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narric

A couple things.
Please keep army lists in the Army List board, please ;) And please take some time to check out this thread.

My main thought is this list will have trouble if the Orks bring any big vehicles. With Escalation, you could potentially be facing a Stompa (Or similar) and you would be hard pressed to destroy it before it destroys a majority of your army, and/or soaks up near all the fire-power you have away from squishier Orks. But that is just a concern, as I don't know the Meta of your local.

The only thing I'd highly recommend is lots and lots of Flamers, to thin down them Orks. A Missile Launcher in the Tactical squad would also be more useful than a Heavy Bolter, as there is a chance your opponent will just bunch up his Orks to save time during the movement phase.

I don't have my BA Codex, but can't you add a second Special weapon into a 10-strong unit of Assault Marines?

These are just my thoughts on your list. ;)

Waaaghpower

120 Ork Boys. That's what a reasonable Ork Player could take. In addition, that leaves plenty of points for a Kustom Force Field and a few Power Klaws here and there.
If he takes a Dreadmob, you don't have near enough anti-tank. If he takes a horde, there isn't near enough anti infantry.

You're not going to beat Ork with troop versus troop, is what I'm saying. In fact, I don't think many armies could beat Orks with normal troops versus normal troops without using special rules to make non troops into troops. Maybe Tau just by staying out of range and taking potshots, Space Wolves, that's it.

Instead, press your advantages. Orks have zero psychic defense, zero interceptor, terrible initiative, and no armor. A Furioso Librarian will rip them to shreds. Jump Packs in unison, maybe. Your best bet is to weaken them or boost yourself with psychic powers, and focus one squad at a time. Overwhelm it, crush it. Once there are only 5-6 boys left, ignore it and move on. For dreadspam, you'll want a lot of S7-8. Stripping hull points is your best bet.
If you must assault, assault with 2-3 units as once, to kill him as much as you can before he hits back.

Lastly, whatever you do, DO NOT GET IN CLOSE to the bulk of his army. Not ever.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.