News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1500 Point Farsight Enclave List

Started by Carrelio, March 21, 2015, 06:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carrelio

Hey everyone, I have been working on a Farsight Enclave list for the past couple weeks over at ATT and TO. The feedback there was useful, but dried up pretty quickly after the first couple posts I have been adjusting the list through a series of small changes and think I am honing in on something viable but really need a third party to point out potential pitfalls.

HQ:
Commander – 177 points
-   airbursting fragmentation projector
-   stimulant injector
-   target lock
-   drone controller
-   pendant of arthas moloch
-   2 Marker Drones

Elites:
XV104 Riptide – 185 points
-   ion accelerator
-   twin-linked fusion blasters

XV104 Riptide – 185 points
-   ion accelerator
-   twin-linked fusion blasters

5 XV25 Stealthsuits - 155 points
-   5x bonding knives

Troops:
3 XV8 Crisis Battlesuit Team– 164 points
-   6x burst cannons
-   3x advanced targeting systems
-   5x bonding knives
-   2 Shield Drones

XV8 Crisis Battlesuit – 53 points
-   2x fusion blasters
-   bonding knife ritual

XV8 Crisis Battlesuit – 53 points
-   2x fusion blasters
-   bonding knife ritual

Fast Attack:
4 Marker Drones – 56 points

Heavy Support:
Skyray – 116 points
-   smart missile system
-   disruption pod
-   black sun filter

Skyray – 116 points
-   smart missile system
-   disruption pod
-   black sun filter

3 XV88 Broadside Team – 233 points
-   3x advanced targeting systems
-   5x bonding knife ritual
-   2 Missile Drones

Total: 1500 points

List Explanation:
The Commander is a twist on the classic Mark'O, joining the 4 other marker drones and boosting their BS to form the bulk of this list's lights. Farsight Enclaves does not have access to Tau special gear, and thus no iridium; he was using FNP to boost his base survivability,  but after nearly being instant-killed without an armour save I figured maybe the shield generator might be the way to go (maybe the pendant for a worse save but anti-psyker defenses instead). The AFP is just for fun, since a single missile pod wasn't doing much damage.
The riptides are just classic IA riptides. They provide anti-meq/teq and deter vehicles entering into my combat space with their meltas and smash attacks.
The stealth suits are the most recent addition to the list (dropping a burst cannon squad in exchange for them), and the main reason for their inclusion was for their Infiltrator ability. Infiltrating enemies have the potential to really catch this list off guard, so having infiltrators of my own to counter them can be helpful.
The burst cannon suits are anti-infantry and are my only real 'troop' as far as my scoring expectations go.
The two fusion blaster crisis suits are my anti-AV13 and up. They do have the objective secured rule, but usually they will be deepstriking into the enemy's deployment zone to terminate tanks; this will rarely end happily for them.
Marker drones obviously work with the Commander as mentioned above.
The skyrays provide anti-air and transport fire while serving as a secondary markerlight platform.
The Broadsides round out that anti-AV12 and under defenses and have enough weight of fire they could even be used against infantry.

Thoughts?