News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1500 Orks list

Started by El ShasOcho, August 11, 2012, 03:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El ShasOcho

Hello!

This is a list I am planning on running for an upcoming friendly event/tournament at my LGS. Designed to be competitive. Currently have all the models except the boss and bikers, which I shall be obtaining shortly either ordering or possibly buying second hand from a guy at my LGS.

HQ
Warboss

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Will's on Fire

Personally I don't like the defence line. I think with decent terrain set up you shouldn't really have to worry about needing the defence line. If in doubt keep whatever you want to hold your home objective in reserve (the grots).

I'd prefer to spend those 100pts on bulking up the loota squad to 8 each (or 8 and 7 to save you buying another box for 1 model!). In 6th, lootas are not to be underestimated. They will kill everything bar Av14. :P

I don't know about Rokkits in boys squads, I personally don't use them as I feel the 2 shots are probably going to be a waste due to BS2, but I'm sure there will be times for them to come in handy, so thats mainly personal preference. This is the same with fighta ace on the dakkajets, I don't know how much you really need that, you're probably better off using the points elsewhere.

In fact, by dropping those, and the spare points from adding in 5 more lootas, you can add another nob biker and have some points left, maybe try and find the extra 5 points to give you enough for an attack squig on the warboss! :D

Anything else you want me

- Will

El ShasOcho

Hi Will,

The defense line I am mostly taking for the quad gun, but I guess. taking more lootas would be a better way to spend those points really. If I can pick some up within the next 2 weeks I will go with that instead.

The rokkits are there for a little extra anti heavy tank or heavy infantry. I need to at least have some ranged S8 in there to deal with heavy tanks from a distance, and the Koptas are usually preoccupied or still off the board. The fighta ace is basically 5 points to make my jets more effective in dogfights, which will be especially important against AV12 flyers. Also, a couple of guys at my LGS run IG air cav, So I want to be able to deal with that as much as possible.

That said, the extra nob is tempting as is the attack squig. I might wait to see what other people think before for sure changing it.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in