News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Deathwatch - The Dread Hulk [Sign Up / OOC]

Started by Wargamer, September 23, 2012, 07:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Sotek

Quote from: Mabbz on September 28, 2012, 04:50:33 PM
Lord Sotek, is there a reason for your chapter's hatred of the Adeptus Mechanicus, or is it some grudge lost in history? Oh, and in your last post you said I checked the closed door. I actually went for the open one, Jayne/Severus went to the other.

The Bright Lords mislike and distrust the vast majority of the Adeptus Mechanicus because they see them as too eager to give up their blessed humanity in favor of slavish adoration of machines, and unforgivably quick to condemn the holy human form as weak. They also find their loyalty suspect as an organization- they think that although individual exceptions can be found, the Admech are, as a whole, only really out for their own ends, even though they pretend to serve the rest of the Imperium. They also worry that the Admech's obsession with machines will lead them to recreate the blasphemous Iron Men of old. Because of this, and because of one of their founding oaths is to reclaim lost Imperial technology, they tend to withhold neat stuff they find, and the chapter's Techmarine cult has been subverted into an organization inspired by the teachings of Ferrus Manus. They still send geneseed and sufficiently skilled recruits to Mars to keep the peace, but in the field they keep to their own tech-dogma, which is more permissive of experimentation and the sharing of knowledge among other battle-brothers.

This attitude has, naturally, not endeared the chapter to the majority of the Mechanicus, and the resultant bickering and rivalry has soured the Chapter's opinions on them even further. Overt or tacit "embargos" because of this mutual dislike is the primary reason the Bright Lords are so poorly supplied with things like Terminator Armor. It is also a big part why they salvage STC tech like Refractor Fields from warzones, and make or improvise as much of their own wargear as they can.

I was indeed referring to Mabbz' Red Talon with a pair of plasma pistols and a meltagun, I simply goofed up reading which door I thought he was going to investigate. My apologies, guys.
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Mabbz

Fair enough. As fun as debating it in character could be, I doubt space marines would do so during an important mission. I figured I'd ask here instead.

Quote from: Lord Sotek on September 28, 2012, 06:43:58 PM
I was indeed referring to Mabbz' Red Talon with a pair of plasma pistols and a meltagun, I simply goofed up reading which door I thought he was going to investigate. My apologies, guys.
Not a problem, I just prefer to have everyone know where I am in case Wargamer springs an early fight on us.

Wargamer

What? Spring a sudden ambush? Whatever makes you think that I would do that?

Suddenly, Genestealers. :P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

Jayne, as much as I appreciate your enthusiasm in killing orks, isn't it more important for you to keep hacking those terminals to find out more about the layout of the hulk? Oh well  ::)

FOR THE EMPEROR!!! *Follows The Techmarine they call Severus*

The Man They Call Jayne

Well Wargamer didnt give me any info, so I assumed I got nothing from them.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Wargamer

Sorry, should have said in my post - the systems are completely dead. Your attempts to access them met with no success.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Railgun Convention

Don't suppose someone'd be nice enough to roll me a D16?
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Vyper

Railgun Convention

Quote from: Vyper on October 02, 2012, 01:17:02 PM
Quote from: Railgun Convention on October 02, 2012, 11:46:45 AM
Don't suppose someone'd be nice enough to roll me a D16?

Here ya go:
Eeeeeexcelent >:D

Wargamer, what exactly are we facing here? :P

Mabbz

I got board of serching through the posts for info on the characters, so I made a reference post. Let me know if I missed anything.

Samuel (Mabbz)
Plasma Pistols, Meltagun, Refractor Field.

James Connolly (El Shas'Ocho)
Power Sword, Storm Shield, Advanced vox, Hand Flamer.

Severus (The Man They Call Jayne)
Servo Harness, Flamer, Plasma Cutter, Power fist and Axe, Spotlight, Auspex.

Gideon (Ravager Zero)
Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Auspex, Hexagrammic Wards.

Isidur (Vyper)
Stormbolter, Power Axe, Narthecium.

Baraquiel (Lord Sotek)
"Iudicium" pattern Combi-Bolter, Boarding Shield, Refractor Field, Power Knife, Helmet mounted Lasgun searchlight.

Zoltan (Railgun Convention)
Thunder Hammer, Psychic Hood, Combat Shields.

Karl Jarda (TopBanana)
Bolters, Hexagrammic Wards, Iron Halo.

Railgun Convention

I need a bolt pistol and a couple of meltabombs. Apart from that, all good.

Mabbz

Quote from: Railgun Convention on October 06, 2012, 06:34:29 PM
I need a bolt pistol and a couple of meltabombs. Apart from that, all good.
I only put main weapons in out of laziness. I'll put the bolt weapons in later.

Lord Sotek

Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Ravager Zero

Question: How long is the chamber we're in? (or how many actions to sprint the length of it?)
Also, can a thunder hammer be used to generate a shockwave/impact attack like in the Space Marine game?

No reason. :shifty: ;)
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Railgun Convention

I always thought that's what thunderhammers did... It's certainly more impressive (and probably more practical) than an armour piercing hammer.