News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Looks like Daemons

Started by Cammerz, July 25, 2012, 11:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cammerz

Faeit 212 is showing us a video showing pictures from the upcoming White Dwarf.

Notably we have; plastic plaguebearers and flamers as well as some big slaaneshi models.
http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/daemon-images-from-white-dwarf.html

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Cammerz on July 25, 2012, 11:06:46 AM
Faeit 212 is showing us a video showing pictures from the upcoming White Dwarf.

Notably we have; plastic plaguebearers and flamers as well as some big slaaneshi models.
http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/daemon-images-from-white-dwarf.html

I am more interested in the way they update the Daemons of Chaos codex. Will we see future 40k releases in such a way?

Matt1785

Hrm,

I really don't think that this is for a new Codex but rather just some updated models for them since the new edition is out and there are Chariot rules so why not make some chariots?  The model update is obviuosly nice since Nurgle needed some plastic love.  The Blue Scribes is interesting but as its an existing book character I'd again stray away from saying that Daemons of Chaos are getting a new book but rather are just getting updated models.

Masked Thespian

Rumours I've read (on Bell of Lost Souls) indicate that there will be an insert in White Dwarf updating both WFB and 40k Daemons in terms of rules.  Such updates include making Daemonic Chariots into vehicular Chariots, as per the new rulebook, and allowing the Soulgrinder into WFB ( ??? ).  But, take this with a pinch of salt.
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Begel Dverl

There are individual pics on Dakkadakka of the models in the White Dwarf.

Honestly, I don't like the Plaguebearers.

The paintjob is too bright for something dead and diseased...

The Slaanesh Hellflayer looks cool. I wonder if they have all four Steeds in the box for the chariots.

I want my DE to look hideous and the Steeds look flesh-made.

Cammerz

Quote from: Masked Thespian on July 26, 2012, 02:03:53 AM
Rumours I've read (on Bell of Lost Souls) indicate that there will be an insert in White Dwarf updating both WFB and 40k Daemons in terms of rules.  Such updates include making Daemonic Chariots into vehicular Chariots, as per the new rulebook, and allowing the Soulgrinder into WFB ( ??? ).  But, take this with a pinch of salt.

They have indeed made it so the Soulgrinder can be used in Fantasy, and its probably much more powerful there than it is in 40k given that it has a toughness value and loads of wounds rather than an armour value so it can't just be slain by a single well-aimed hit.