News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Alpha Legion at it again?

Started by Cammerz, April 14, 2014, 02:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cammerz

Looking through the Militarum Tempestus codex there are loads of regiments listed along with background information about them. The one which immediately cries out for attention is called the 'Alphic Hydras'. This regiment are very chummy with a certain Space Marine chapter (Ultramarines) and this association has led to them working alongside the; 2nd, 5th, 7th and 8th companies. Their association is so close that they have been granted additional training grounds throughout the Ultramar sector and to top it all off it has been rumoured that "some of the regiment's best young Scions have even been recruited by the Adeptus Astartes".

So, a regiment with the name 'Alphic Hydras' is acting very friendly with the chapter most despised by the Alpha Legion and they are now being inducted into the Chapter. If GW is doing what I think it is then I'm very pleased with this new chain of events. Roboute Guilliman wakes up only to find that half of his Marines are called 'Alpharius'.

Deraj

That is truly awesome. Good find.

Irisado

It would be great for the Alpha Legion to get one up on their old foes.  I hope that there might be further background developments of this narrative, although GW's inconsistent approach to background doesn't guarantee this.  Anyway, thanks for imparting this little gem of information.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente