News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Custom Lifta Droppa Arm Tips

Started by Waaaghpower, April 15, 2015, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Hey there, internet! I'm in the process of building a Big Mek's Stompa, using primarily the main Stompa kit and the several shoeboxes full of Bitz that I've acquired overtime. For the arms, though, I used the 'Cannon' arm in a different project of mine (A battle fortress,) leaving me with just the huge Chainsword arm, which I converted into the 'Cannon'. (It resembles something between a railgun and a missile platform.)

All this to say, I still need to build a Lifta-Droppa arm, I don't want to shell out fifty bucks to get the Forgeworld arm, and I don't really know where to start. Does anyone have any tips for what I can use to build this arm? Like I said, I've got a ton of orky Bits lying around (As well as plenty of Space Marine bits,) as well as a little plasticard and styrene rods. If you've done any scratch-build projects, have seen cool ones online, or just have ideas, I'd really appreciate your input!
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

If we could see what kind of bits/pieces and sprues you have avilable that woud help.

My main thought would be getting a few different thicknesses of plastic rob pipe, and plasticard. You should be able to get that kind of material at a decent price from Hobby :) You should be able to remake the weapon with that, and as its Ork, you don't have to be too clean with your cutting and shaping.

The trickiest part will be the shoulder joint. Do you have anything to help there?

Waaaghpower

Here's all my bits that seem useful.

Waaaghpower

Well, I got it done, and it doesn't look half bad if I do say so myself.
Here's the lifta-droppa:

And, just for fun, here's the whole Stompa:

Mabbz

That looks awesome. Definitely Orky  :)

Narric

'm not orky enough, becuase thats nowhere near what I'd have thought of with that pile :P