News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Your 'unmade' Pile

Started by Arguleon-veq, December 08, 2013, 12:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeGrunt

Wow. Building is probably my favourite part as I love to slap models together and make something fun and cool, (or at least waste money trying!)

I only have:
A half-box of Saurus Warriors I'm still trying to suss a way to make into Vespid Counts-as,
3 Stealth Suits,
Handful of Drones.

I have enough bitz to make a horde of Drones...but I already have a horde of Drones so I save the bitz for other uses.

My entire bitz collection fits in 3 Magic the Gathering deck boxes, though.

My grey-unpainted list is composed of a Sunshark, 7 Pathfinders, 3 Firesight Marksmen, a Cadre Fireblade, 2 Crisis Suits, and a Fusion Blade Commander.

Other models in various phases of painting include two Broadside-Sentinels, 4 Tetras, an Iridium commander, 10 Gue'vesa Fire Warriors, touchups to my 2 Hammerheads and my Devilfish, and 2 Riptides.

I've set myself the target of having a fully-painted collection by the time the Tau Codex is a year old, which I feel is achievable. Those 10 Gue'vesa and the Iridium Commander will be done by the end of this weekend. After I finish the stuff that's partially done, I'll whip up the next batch of spray paint and start all over again!
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Unusual Suspect

This is going to look bad...  :-[

Finished painting:  1 model.  Maybe.  That I didn't paint myself (Ebay, how I love thee).
In the process of painting:  about half my army.  Still need touchups, flair, that sort of thing.  Most of these have 3 colors, but few if any have even a hint of highlighting or detail.
Base painted:  about a quarter of my army.  Black as my heart, and about as creative.  >:D
Modeled but unpainted:  the rest of my army.
Partially modeled:  2 Devilfish, 1 Hammerhead, 3 converted XV-9s, 1 converted dreadnaught/Sentinel amalgam abomination (Maybe a count-as Dreadknight?  Still not sure yet), 5 converted Kroot (count-as Space Wolf Wolf Guards in terminator armor), 2 Kroot Hounds, Aun'shi, and a Tau Titan (gotta fill in a few holes, finish the arms, and design/build the legs... so much work, and I'm relatively new at this sort of thing  :'()
Bits:  Dozens of drones (mostly gun), at least a dozen Fire Warriors, 2 pathfinders with rail rifles, 2 XV-15 Stealth suits, and bits for 12 Kroot count-as Grey Hunters, 5 more Kroot count-as Wolf Guard (probably at least one will be converted to a Rune Priest instead), and what appear to be various (but not the full set of) Dreadknight bits.

I'm a bit lazy when it comes to painting...  :-[
I you private dancer.

Chris

I have 2 boxes of Sanguinary Guard (minus the jump packs) which I'm trying to work out how to make into Sternguard Vets and a Box of Genestealers...

I tend to build as I buy... Largely due to being skint as a bint, but recently projects tend to take me a few months to even build a squad.... I bought the stealers so I would have little excuse not to start the new bugs when I could afford them...