News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Forum rank themes

Started by LinnScarlett, January 22, 2013, 01:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneTD

Must be your theme. Everything but :lion: is working for my.

Restayvien

Quote from: Linn Scarlett on January 23, 2013, 12:40:21 PM
Quote from: Restayvien on January 23, 2013, 11:36:19 AM
I am seeing Tau ranks as well. I imagine it's a theme-specific issue. I use 'Eldar-Blue'.

I've always used the eldar blue colour scheme with the inquisition rank army theme and it was just fine... but now its doing this Tau-thing  :shifty:
Yeah I use Chaos Daemons but am currently seeing Tau ranks.

Sorck

Quote from: Railgun Convention on January 23, 2013, 12:57:45 PM
Quote from: Linn Scarlett on January 23, 2013, 12:40:21 PM
Quote from: Restayvien on January 23, 2013, 11:36:19 AM
I am seeing Tau ranks as well. I imagine it's a theme-specific issue. I use 'Eldar-Blue'.

I've always used the eldar blue colour scheme with the inquisition rank army theme and it was just fine... but now its doing this Tau-thing  :shifty:
Oh, yeah, and Shifty doesn't work. Nor for that matter do any of the smileys. I thought we fixed that problem.
Shifty should work in all cases IIRC. Which smiley set are you using?

Quote from: Isaac Baraqiel on January 23, 2013, 03:56:09 AM
Quote from: Tybalt Defet on January 23, 2013, 03:44:05 AM
Quote from: Sorck the Spork on January 22, 2013, 06:44:59 PM
Erm.... I can't even find the setting for your forum rank. :-[

Where is it? :P
Weren't you the one who set that up?

I think we may have located the problem...
Nope, FT set it up and I hate his bad coding practices. :P He put a lot of inefficient database queries into the template files... every single template file. :(

They appear to currently only work under the 2S theme (http://secondsphere.org/?theme=15).

As a side note I might start pruning out themes if they've not got multiple users. It's simply too much work trying to maintain a lot of themes.

Chicop76

It used to work than when everything got consolidated it stoped and went to Tau rank. Also no matter what scheme I change to it is always te same.

It's something that's been around for awhile. Funny Lynn is the first one to point it out. Karma cookie for her?

Sadly if the admin just noticed the problem and didn't even know you can change rank does say a lot.

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Sorck the Spork on January 23, 2013, 07:29:45 PM
Nope, FT set it up and I hate his bad coding practices. :P He put a lot of inefficient database queries into the template files... every single template file. :(

They appear to currently only work under the 2S theme (http://secondsphere.org/?theme=15).

As a side note I might start pruning out themes if they've not got multiple users. It's simply too much work trying to maintain a lot of themes.

And what is the working theme? Amma just switch to that... the Tau-thing is now slowly beginning to irritate the warp out of me :P
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Sorck

2S is currently using SMF Curve as default. The theme called '2S' is the most feature-complete I believe. 'SecondSphere' isn't feature complete but is a slightly modified version of SMF Curve.

Quote from: Chicop76 on January 23, 2013, 09:31:08 PM
Sadly if the admin just noticed the problem and didn't even know you can change rank does say a lot.
I knew you could change the rank but I didn't know where the setting was... no admin can keep track of every single setting's location especially when you have hundreds if not thousands of settings on just one site.

The Allfather

=I= Censored by the Inquisition.

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Chicop76 on January 23, 2013, 09:31:08 PM

If they had it on Tau, or do what I do and not pay attention to the titles, because frankly they account for nothing, then it's a reasonable thing for him not to notice. Not really sure what you're trying to get at to be honest...

- Will

Cammerz

Sorck are you messing with the 2s theme? Its not letting me view any posts, I've had to switch to the 'second sphere' theme to post here, and of course the Tau titles are showing on this one.

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Cammerz on January 23, 2013, 11:43:19 PM
Sorck are you messing with the 2s theme? Its not letting me view any posts, I've had to switch to the 'second sphere' theme to post here, and of course the Tau titles are showing on this one.

Myea, I had the same :(

Restayvien

Give Sorck a break Chicop, there's a lot more to being an admin than memorizing minor setting locations and you aren't paying him. ;)

Irisado

I wondered about this when I first joined up, but I didn't say anything about it, because I just assumed it was an inactive and/or redundant feature.

If it's going to take a lot of admin work, then it could just be got rid of.  It's not as though there's a large community representing all the different armies here, so as much as I, for example, prefer Eldar to Tau, it doesn't seem right just to keep that theme for a few when the site is mainly supposed to be geared towards Tau.  Unless of course the site wants to become broader in its scope.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

LinnScarlett

...but =I= want my rank back :(

Chicop76

I was just giving him a hard time. What I was saying the rank used to work here in 2nd sphere for awhile. Although I could have gotten confused with it working on the Tau site. Anyway I thoguht it used to work until the subject matter was shrunk down. I remember my Daemon rank showing up for awhile and than it defaulted back to the Tau rank.

I don't recall the color scheme ever working though.