News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Cyrus' Painting Project Log (CAUTION: Large Pics Inside)

Started by Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus, July 28, 2014, 07:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

This Project Log is an attempt to keep me moving forward in the hobby instead of idling around doing nothing. I took my Orkies to a 1500pts tournament last weekend (2W-1D-2L, 70/130pts) Next time a tournament/game day comes up that I want to attend, I don't want to have to speedpaint half an army again - stressful experience.

My current pledge is to do up some Chaos (A Chosen Squad), work out what I'm doing with the Hind i just got in the mail, and potentially loot another wagon for my orkies, all by the end of August :)

If anyone has any questions or demands, wants to talk to the Orkies that ruined a few people's day on the weekend, or anything else...don't hesitate to reply! :)

What I do need some help with is my new package that arrived this morning. A Mi-24D Hind Attack Helicopter. It's almost a waste to own an ork army and NOT loot something...but finding a worthy 40k representation for such a devastating airborne warrior like a hind is a tough choice. Imperial Armour warkopta stats and arnaments are...underwhelming. Should i model it up to be an Ork Burna Bommer that uses some Skorcha Missiles? (Probably what I'll end up doing, but any advice/suggestions would be nice.) Any other ideas? If it helps, the model measures 14 inches in length and around 7-8 inches wide at the wings.
This is what a Hind is

I will start assembling during the week sometime. May get some WIP pics up but no promises.

As an added bonus, here are some WIP Pics of a Looted Wagon which i used the tournament last weekend (Was fully painted for that, of course!). Apologies for the hugeness of the pictures...but i guess Orks are unsubtle like that.

Spoiler

Will keep in touch :)

Psyrus
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Scoutfox

Looted panzer wagon looks good. I think it needs more battle damage and some weathering but it still looks great.

For the hind I'd just make it into a flyer and magnetize all the weapons so you can use it like whatever you want. I can take off the bombs and one gw on my flyer and I need to make some missiles for it. You could also clip it's wings and use it as a battlewagon.

The hind was my inspiration for one of my koptas.

Mabbz

Nice models. I don't think I've ever seen a looted Eldar vehicle before for some reason. Looted everything else (especially looted Carnifexes) but never any Eldar.

Incidentally, you can resize the pictures. All you have to do is put [ img width=400][/img], although obviously without the space I put at the front of the BB code. Use a different number if you don't like the size. Here's the result:

Quote from: Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus on July 28, 2014, 07:29:41 AM
Spoiler