News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Silent claws fandex ideas

Started by Naoki the curseblood99, March 18, 2017, 03:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naoki the curseblood99

I've updated the Silent daggers into the Silent claws!
If any of you are willing feel free to make suggestions for the fandex.
Feel free to criticize.
Note that ideas suggested for the Silent daggers will still be used
Here's my work so far fluff and crunch wise files are bellow
NOTE some of the fluff and crunch were  ideas given to by Narric and Mabbz thanks to them

Mabbz

Sorry for the delay in reading this. Internet troubles.

So my first thought is that the "Naoki profile" and "Silent Dagger crunch" files are identical. Not a problem, I just thought I'd mention it in case you accidentally uploaded the wrong file.

Beyond that, I'm not seeing many differences between what you have written here and whatyou put in the other thread. It's nice to see you included some of the changes Narric and I suggested though. The main new thing I can see is the rules for Naoki, so I'm gonna focus on that.

My first thought is that he might be a little undercosted. He costs slightly more than a basic Space Marine Captain or Chaplain, so here's what that 5pts is paying for:

- Lower Ws, but this is cancelled out by his higher Bs
- Worse armour save, but with Stealth, Shrouded and Stalker armour he's still got a 3+ save in the open, 2+ in any kind of cover.
- Blind Grenades
- Infiltrate, Move Through Cover, Scout and Acute Senses.
- A fairly powerful sniper weapon. Even ignoring special ammo, he's pretty dangerous against monstrous creatures.
- A weaker version of a Lightning claw (actually arguably better than a lightning claw against 2+ armour saves, because of rending.)
- A weaker invulnerable save

An important rule when making house rules is that you should always make your units more expensive than necessary. Think of it as paying for the priviledge of actually using your rules.

Beyond that, I don't see any real problems with him. I do have one quick question though. He can take Hunting rounds for 35pts, and special ammo for 20pts. What is the special ammo? Is it the same as the ammo Sternguard veterans can use?

Naoki the curseblood99

You're correct
I am referring to the special ammo Sternguard veterans are issued
what should the points cost be for naoki?
the reasoning for the naoki file is i'm putting all of the special wargear on that file and future characters

Naoki the curseblood99

One complication i discovered is the fact it may not be possible to turn abhumans into space marine unless their biology can adapt to and survive the transformation of an astartes
I've started making lore about narsi and with the recent progression of the 40k storyline aka the gathering storm
I was thinking the chapter has allied itself with the eldar
also the chapter is trying to make a new empire believing the imperium of man will fall eventually

Naoki the curseblood99

Just a heads up I've moved to dakka dakka just to let you know